Forums

Partyhats on Treasure Hunter!!

Quick find code: 366-367-655-65817896

of 200
Jokku23

Jokku23

Posts: 30,989Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tafy said:
You do realize the people that own partyhats would completely lose the vast majority of their wealth if this were to happen, right? Even if Jagex gave people a year-long warning that it was to happen, those partyhats people have already become worthless the moment Jagex posts that. How is this at all fair to them?

I'm interested to know your solution to that.

Jokku23 said:
They will learn that investing BILLIONS in paper hats was not a wise decision. This is good because then they will probably not make the same mistake again IRL!
………. ,*˜*, ……. ,•°*•, … You'll … ,•*°•, …… ,*˜*, .………
„*˜……“• •“………'·,ΈΈ,‘•°. thank .°•',ΈΈ,·'……..“• •“……˜*„
……………………………………………………………………..
The Bible of Rimmington
“‹„ΈΈ„ •°`' · . ,ΈΈ, . · ‘ … me later … ' · . ,ΈΈ, . · '΄°•„ΈΈ„›“

16-Dec-2016 18:36:11

Voraiya

Voraiya

Posts: 448Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ppl with Phats and they prize it..they make me think of...that guy who owns that one old gun model.

Example: It's like a guy who owns a old model Colt Python .357 magnum. Colt no longer produce these Pythons. A good Colt Python .357 these days goes for $3000 to even $5000 depending which model you want.

So, compare and contrast. These Phat owners and Colt 357 owners all would be similar if this happens.

Jagex re-release phats back for a certain amount of time. Current Phat owners will complain and toss in their line of defense.

Colt re-manufacture Colt Python .357 for a certain amount of time. Current Colt Python .357 owners will complain and toss in their line of defense.

In the end. It is our fault for turning this "thing" into a prized item and decide to charge a lot of money for it. A phat was suppose to be a fun item to have and be with your rs friends. A Colt Python .357 is suppose to be for self defense and practice shooting with your friends. Instead, WE, all turn them into a big money item.

16-Dec-2016 22:47:00

Tafy

Tafy

Posts: 558Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jokku23 said:
They will learn that investing BILLIONS in paper hats was not a wise decision. This is good because then they will probably not make the same mistake again IRL!


This is not a solution. I asked for a solution. With your logic, gold should not be valuable IRL because it is not used for anything functional, rather it is used for investments and status symbols, much like partyhats in Runescape.
If thou shalt live in the name of Chicken and the Holiness of KFC, thou shalt never be forbidden from the pleasure that is
Kentucky
Fried
Chicken
.

17-Dec-2016 06:14:18 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2016 06:14:31 by Tafy

Jokku23

Jokku23

Posts: 30,989Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Voraiya said:
Ppl with Phats and they prize it..they make me think of...that guy who owns that one old gun model.

Example: It's like a guy who owns a old model Colt Python .357 magnum. Colt no longer produce these Pythons. A good Colt Python .357 these days goes for $3000 to even $5000 depending which model you want.

So, compare and contrast. These Phat owners and Colt 357 owners all would be similar if this happens.

Jagex re-release phats back for a certain amount of time. Current Phat owners will complain and toss in their line of defense.

Colt re-manufacture Colt Python .357 for a certain amount of time. Current Colt Python .357 owners will complain and toss in their line of defense.

In the end. It is our fault for turning this "thing" into a prized item and decide to charge a lot of money for it. A phat was suppose to be a fun item to have and be with your rs friends. A Colt Python .357 is suppose to be for self defense and practice shooting with your friends. Instead, WE, all turn them into a big money item.

Well put. This deserves a spot on the first page. Cheers!
………. ,*˜*, ……. ,•°*•, … You'll … ,•*°•, …… ,*˜*, .………
„*˜……“• •“………'·,ΈΈ,‘•°. thank .°•',ΈΈ,·'……..“• •“……˜*„
……………………………………………………………………..
The Bible of Rimmington
“‹„ΈΈ„ •°`' · . ,ΈΈ, . · ‘ … me later … ' · . ,ΈΈ, . · '΄°•„ΈΈ„›“

17-Dec-2016 14:07:26

Jokku23

Jokku23

Posts: 30,989Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tafy said:
This is not a solution. I asked for a solution.

Solutions are offered to solve problems. I can't give you a solution unless you give me a problem.

Tafy said:
With your logic, gold should not be valuable IRL because it is not used for anything functional, rather it is used for investments and status symbols, much like partyhats in Runescape.

I'm praying Jesus every day so that a golden planet would emerge and everyone could enjoy gold... or not, because your analogy is stupid. By your logic paper hats should cost 8 billion.

Take a fun item, a toy, let's say, that kids are enjoying and playing with. It's cheap so that as many as possible could enjoy it. Then it becomes discontinued and hoarders start hoarding it. A simple toy costs 8 billion. Then a company starts producing it. By your logic, government should compensate to the hoarders?
………. ,*˜*, ……. ,•°*•, … You'll … ,•*°•, …… ,*˜*, .………
„*˜……“• •“………'·,ΈΈ,‘•°. thank .°•',ΈΈ,·'……..“• •“……˜*„
……………………………………………………………………..
The Bible of Rimmington
“‹„ΈΈ„ •°`' · . ,ΈΈ, . · ‘ … me later … ' · . ,ΈΈ, . · '΄°•„ΈΈ„›“

17-Dec-2016 14:16:50

Tafy

Tafy

Posts: 558Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jokku23 said:
Tafy said:
This is not a solution. I asked for a solution.

Solutions are offered to solve problems. I can't give you a solution unless you give me a problem.

Tafy said:
With your logic, gold should not be valuable IRL because it is not used for anything functional, rather it is used for investments and status symbols, much like partyhats in Runescape.

I'm praying Jesus every day so that a golden planet would emerge and everyone could enjoy gold... or not, because your analogy is stupid. By your logic paper hats should cost 8 billion.

Take a fun item, a toy, let's say, that kids are enjoying and playing with. It's cheap so that as many as possible could enjoy it. Then it becomes discontinued and hoarders start hoarding it. A simple toy costs 8 billion. Then a company starts producing it. By your logic, government should compensate to the hoarders?


No I definitely did give you a problem.

Also, my logic is not stupid. Gold cannot be created by anyone, it can only be discovered or traded. It is also relatively rare, yet highly sought after, therefore it is expensive. In Runescape, partyhats cannot be created by anyone, they can only be traded. They are also very rare, yet highly sought after, therefore they are very expensive. My logic does not state that "paper hats" should be "8 billion", as anyone can create paper hats and they are not highly sought after. And because you have stated this, I see there is no use in arguing with you anymore about this. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and consider this entire thread a troll post.
If thou shalt live in the name of Chicken and the Holiness of KFC, thou shalt never be forbidden from the pleasure that is
Kentucky
Fried
Chicken
.

17-Dec-2016 14:48:38

Jokku23

Jokku23

Posts: 30,989Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tafy said:
No I definitely did give you a problem.

This is not a problem. I asked for a problem.
………. ,*˜*, ……. ,•°*•, … You'll … ,•*°•, …… ,*˜*, .………
„*˜……“• •“………'·,ΈΈ,‘•°. thank .°•',ΈΈ,·'……..“• •“……˜*„
……………………………………………………………………..
The Bible of Rimmington
“‹„ΈΈ„ •°`' · . ,ΈΈ, . · ‘ … me later … ' · . ,ΈΈ, . · '΄°•„ΈΈ„›“

17-Dec-2016 17:12:47

Jokku23

Jokku23

Posts: 30,989Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tafy said:
Also, my logic is not stupid. Gold cannot be created by anyone...

Partyhats can be created by Jagex. Gold can be created by... Jesus?
………. ,*˜*, ……. ,•°*•, … You'll … ,•*°•, …… ,*˜*, .………
„*˜……“• •“………'·,ΈΈ,‘•°. thank .°•',ΈΈ,·'……..“• •“……˜*„
……………………………………………………………………..
The Bible of Rimmington
“‹„ΈΈ„ •°`' · . ,ΈΈ, . · ‘ … me later … ' · . ,ΈΈ, . · '΄°•„ΈΈ„›“

17-Dec-2016 17:14:25

Anima Nexus
Jan Member 2015

Anima Nexus

Posts: 988Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jokku23 said:
They will learn that investing BILLIONS in paper hats was not a wise decision. This is good because then they will probably not make the same mistake again IRL!


And this is for you to decide or be the judge of because? People have proven that it IS in-fact a wise desicion. Investing in an item that continues to rise, is still relevent and still has appeal. All of which you are enforcing by creating this thread lusting for one. As such, it is only YOUR OPINION that it is not a wise desicion, and your opinion is based off a hypethetical scenerio, which has not, and likely will not happen. Sorry but your logic is flawed and therefore invalid, as per usual.

21-Dec-2016 18:24:03 - Last edited on 21-Dec-2016 18:24:51 by Anima Nexus

Quick find code: 366-367-655-65817896Back to Top