Forums

Great comment from Reddit

Quick find code: 14-15-696-66108812

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This kind of "rs3 playerbase falling while osrs is rising" silly "discussion" again?

As mentioned numerous time even by Jmods and proven by official Jagex financial reports, concurrent users are utterly not the playerbase of any of Jagex's game.

Jagex has a playerbase of more than 8 million active players, not just the 100k-ish concurrent users. And there is no sign whatsoever the playerbase of either RS3 or OSRS is declining or which games has a bigger "playerbase".

Even somebody has to pick on whatever game by misinforming the concurrent player counts as the games' playerbase, one can only find RS3's "so-called playerase" is actually rising while that of OSRS is falling rather rapidly as we get closer and closer to the release of RS3 Mobile and Anachronia.

I don't see any more point of MTX talks as OSRS is also getting more forms of monetization even if some players refuse to call it MTX. If someone has to point his finger at MTX causes a game's "playerbase" to drop, they better believe OSRS's "so-called playersbase" is going to drop more soon.

Also, noticeably RS3 has introduced even more MTX in the form of Portable Vic and the Boost Brew in the barge building event currently running, but why is their "so called playerbase" going up quite a bit lately?

03-Jul-2019 20:30:32

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
e v said:
Dilbert2001 said:
This kind of "rs3 playerbase falling while osrs is rising" silly "discussion" again?

As mentioned numerous time even by Jmods and proven by official Jagex financial reports, concurrent users are utterly not the playerbase of any of Jagex's game.

Jagex has a playerbase of more than 8 million active players, not just the 100k-ish concurrent users. And there is no sign whatsoever the playerbase of either RS3 or OSRS is declining or which games has a bigger "playerbase".

Even somebody has to pick on whatever game by misinforming the concurrent player counts as the games' playerbase, one can only find RS3's "so-called playerase" is actually rising while that of OSRS is falling rather rapidly as we get closer and closer to the release of RS3 Mobile and Anachronia.

I don't see any more point of MTX talks as OSRS is also getting more forms of monetization even if some players refuse to call it MTX. If someone has to point his finger at MTX causes a game's "playerbase" to drop, they better believe OSRS's "so-called playersbase" is going to drop more soon.

Also, noticeably RS3 has introduced even more MTX in the form of Portable Vic and the Boost Brew in the barge building event currently running, but why is their "so called playerbase" going up quite a bit lately?


Nice you obviously didn't read the post. It was a gilded Reddit comment kind of putting MTX in the backseat and EoC as the prime culprit for the decline of RS3.


"
This kind
of "rs3 playerbase falling while osrs is rising" silly "discussion" again?" was clearly what Iwrote. I absolutely did no say it was your comment or other's from reddit. But nonetheless, the comments regarding RS3/OSRS "playbase" and MTX are utterly misinformation.

03-Jul-2019 20:54:46

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"So maybe RS3 has been growing for a short time, but long term OSRS has grown/RS3 has declined"


Do you mean "growing" by concurrent users? If so, as already mentioned in this thread and many others, concurrent users don't mean total playerbase of a game.

Even if you really think concurrent players mean so much, don't you see OSRS is not "growing" but rapidly declining the last few months?

Look at the 80k "so-called playerbase" from OSRS vs 150k a few months ago. Does it mean OSRS is "dying" instead of "growing' now and "dying" even faster in the future when more monetization is added to it?

Meanwhile, RS3 is now "growing" despite of more MTX like Portable Vic and Boost Brew, and don't even blame EOC as it doesn't hinder the "grow" of the current and future RS3 obviously.

03-Jul-2019 21:37:39 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2019 21:38:17 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
e v said:
Dilbert2001 said:
"So maybe RS3 has been growing for a short time, but long term OSRS has grown/RS3 has declined"


Do you mean "growing" by concurrent users? If so, as already mentioned in this thread and many others, concurrent users don't mean total playerbase of a game.

Even if you really think concurrent players mean so much, don't you see OSRS is not "growing" but rapidly declining the last few months?

Look at the 80k "so-called playerbase" from OSRS vs 150k a few months ago. Does it mean OSRS is "dying" instead of "growing' now and "dying" even faster in the future when more monetization is added to it?

Meanwhile, RS3 is now "growing" despite of more MTX like Portable Vic and Boost Brew, and don't even blame EOC as it doesn't hinder the "grow" of the current and future RS3 obviously.


You should count all the players online on RS3 from your game client and post your total here. I'll wait.


Why should I waste my time counting? I don't even care about concurrent players because there are just a petty 1% or so of all of Jagex's over 8 million active users.

If you or whoever from Reddit want to waste their time, be my guest but it won't help OSRS's "so-called playerbase" whatsoever as we can easily see it has dropped from >150k to 80k now despite of "no" MTX. Go count all the players online on OSRS if you want to.

03-Jul-2019 21:53:08

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
e v said:
"8 million active users"

I just don't believe it, but you go ahead. There's only so many time zones in the world and job/school schedules to leave RS "concurrent player" count at around 80k-120k at any given time.. I seriously doubt there are 8m active users.. But you go ahead.


From official Jagex 2018 annual Financial Report published by its grandparent Fukong Interactive:

At the end of the 1st quarter of 2019, Jagex's total users stood at 8.2858 mil and 8.0171 mil of them are active users with 1.0813 mil of them being members.

http://file.finance.sina.com.cn/211.154.219.97:9494/MRGG/CNSESH_STOCK/2019/2019-6/2019-06-15/5437523.PDF

You can search for ARPPU and see the entire table. :)

03-Jul-2019 21:59:48

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
e v said:
Dilbert2001 said:
e v said:
"8 million active users"

I just don't believe it, but you go ahead. There's only so many time zones in the world and job/school schedules to leave RS "concurrent player" count at around 80k-120k at any given time.. I seriously doubt there are 8m active users.. But you go ahead.


From official Jagex 2018 annual Financial Report published by its grandparent Fukong Interactive:

At the end of the 1st quarter of 2019, Jagex's total users stood at 8.2858 mil and 8.0171 mil of them are active users with 1.0813 mil of them being members.

http://file.finance.sina.com.cn/211.154.219.97:9494/MRGG/CNSESH_STOCK/2019/2019-6/2019-06-15/5437523.PDF

You can search for ARPPU and see the entire table. :)



I would argue a difference between "active users" and "unique active users.." If 800k people each have 8 accounts then there's your 8m "active users" right there..


Does it matter? Do you not want to argue your "so-called playerbase" from Reddit are concurrent players or unique concurrent players?

Edit: Upon further review, they are 8.28 mil UNIQUE users and 8.01 mil UNIQUE active users. The note directly under the table showed it. :)

03-Jul-2019 22:04:16 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2019 22:08:58 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
e v said:
Anyone, I highly doubt China has the same securities regulations as the SEC here in the US. This will be the first Chinese 10k report I've looked at and I've looked at a lot of 10k reports.


The Shanghai Security Exchange, where Fukong trade, opened for business in 1990, well well before the Gowers found Jagex. It is the 5th biggest stock exchange in the world by market capitalism:

Given below is the list of largest stock exchanges in the world according to Market Capitalization (April 2017).

New York Stock Exchange, United States, $19.223 Trillion
NASDAQ, United States, $6.831 Trillion
London Stock Exchange Group, United Kingdom and Italy, $6.187 Trillion
Japan Exchange Group, Japan, $4.485 Trillion
Shanghai Stock Exchange, China, $3.986 Trillion

Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Hong Kong (SAR China), $3.325 Trillion
Euronext, United Kingdom, Belgium, Portugal, France, and the Netherlands, $3.321 Trillion
Shenzhen Stock Exchange, China, $2.285 Trillion
TMX Group, Canada, $1.939 Trillion
Deutsche Borse AG, Germany, $1.762 Trillion

03-Jul-2019 22:21:44

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
e v said:
Dilbert2001 said:
e v said:
Anyone, I highly doubt China has the same securities regulations as the SEC here in the US. This will be the first Chinese 10k report I've looked at and I've looked at a lot of 10k reports.


The Shanghai Security Exchange, where Fukong trade, opened for business in 1990, well well before the Gowers found Jagex. It is the 5th biggest stock exchange in the world by market capitalism:

Given below is the list of largest stock exchanges in the world according to Market Capitalization (April 2017).

New York Stock Exchange, United States, $19.223 Trillion
NASDAQ, United States, $6.831 Trillion
London Stock Exchange Group, United Kingdom and Italy, $6.187 Trillion
Japan Exchange Group, Japan, $4.485 Trillion
Shanghai Stock Exchange, China, $3.986 Trillion

Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Hong Kong (SAR China), $3.325 Trillion
Euronext, United Kingdom, Belgium, Portugal, France, and the Netherlands, $3.321 Trillion
Shenzhen Stock Exchange, China, $2.285 Trillion
TMX Group, Canada, $1.939 Trillion
Deutsche Borse AG, Germany, $1.762 Trillion


And the New York Stock Exchange was founded in 1792, wElL WeLl bEfOrE tHe Shanghai stock exchange.. It's kind of irrelevant, especially considering a lot of investors in those types of countries get bent over when they invest in their pump and dump schemes, prob why they're selling Jagex honestly, just trying to milk it as much as they can before they run away.


Why don't you question all the other stock exchanges much smaller and less established than SSE?

And what does the sale of Jagex has to do with your OP? Are you trying to tell us the obvious misinformation from your Reddit post about "playerbase" is "great" but the SSE and Jagex's audited data is not?

Are you also not seeing OSRS is free falling even with your data, and "no" MTX?

03-Jul-2019 22:43:49

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
e v said:
When did I say that I don't question them...?

At this point I don't even know what your argument is, I just know that you've came off as a hostile little person the entire time you've been replying.


I have no intention to talk about who is hostile, especially when you tried to incorrectly call me out as questioning you instead of the reddit post you quoted. This is my last comment regarding your comment about me in this forum.

On topic now, concurrent players or online players are definitely not the total playerbase of any games of Jagex. Jagex reported over 8 million active unique users, not just 100k-ish.

RS3 is also gaining in concurrent users the last couple of months despite of more MTX, while OSRS's "so called playerbase" is plummeting despite of "no" MTX and nothing more added for a long time. EOC is also an ancient reason for player leaving RS3. The recent uptick in concurrent users also means it is not an issue.

Obviously, MTX and EOC don't mean more than their good content to players, that's why they are gaining but even without EOC and "no" MTX, OSRS doesn't seem to be doing that "great" as the Reddit comment cite.

03-Jul-2019 22:55:02 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2019 22:55:51 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
e v said:
You really seem to pick and choose when "concurrent" players matter and when they don't. Lol.. I'm outsies. Have fun.


You are the ones who brought that into your very first post in this thread. If you did not want to discuss the same thing again, my sincere advice is don't even try to bring up concurrent players and treat it as the "playerbase" of Jagex, especially when there are a lot Jagex official reports being published now by Fukong, a lot of knowledgeable financial people will point it out right away. :)

03-Jul-2019 23:05:35

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Molly Weazly said:
Dilbert2001 said:

Also, noticeably RS3 has introduced even more MTX in the form of Portable Vic and the Boost Brew in the barge building event currently running, but why is their
"so called playerbase"
going up quite a bit lately?


Can you provide proof that the RS3 playerbase is growing? I'm a RS3 player and I'd like some of the assurance that you're always pushing to be proven, tyvm.


Do you mean proof that the RS3 actual active playerbase is growing or the
"so called playerbase"
(i.e. concurrent users)
I EXPLICITLY put in DOUBLE QUOTES
?

If you mean the actual active total players then no as I mentioned all the time in these RSOF RS3 players can play OSRS and vice versa and I don't think Jagex has at any time distinguish them. However, it is certain that JAGEX total players have doubled from about 4 mil to 8 mil in between July and the end of 2018.

If you mean concurrent users, and that is also a lot of players particularly the OSRS ones are always pushing to treat it as the actual total active players of whatever games, then you can simply compare look at the counter at the top of the Runescape and OSRS websites.

04-Jul-2019 03:54:07 - Last edited on 04-Jul-2019 04:25:52 by Dilbert2001

Quick find code: 14-15-696-66108812Back to Top