Forums

Fossil Island, as expected

Quick find code: 15-16-27-66109739

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seriously, IDK and IDC. Perhaps some people don't see the fossils they envisioned, get disappointed, and call it "dead content"?

I'll rather take Mr. Mordaut's proactive and positive way, that is, hey it is not the Fossil Island I envisioned, no big deal and we just call it Anachronia and embark into our real time present journey. :)

09-Jul-2019 04:33:41

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Johan Rayne said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Seriously, IDK and IDC. Perhaps some people don't see the fossils they envisioned, get disappointed, and call it "dead content"?

I'll rather take Mr. Mordaut's proactive and positive way, that is, hey it is not the Fossil Island I envisioned, no big deal and we just call it Anachronia and embark into our real time present journey. :)



a player base, states that they want fossil island, they get anachronia instead. they want archaeology not lvl 200 monsters.

they voice their opinion, others disagree. if the company makes record profits it doesn't matter to them.


What? We already have archaeology in Anachronia. I remember me, Laniekea, archaeology and another crew member ran all the way from the beach to our current base camp.

We still have Fossil Island, or at lest until Mr. Mordaut changed it to Anachronia. If you prefer yuou can still call it Fossil Island. I don't see any problem at all. Shrug!

09-Jul-2019 20:53:07

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
It's supposed to be an island from a whole other era.

Where are the prehistoric trees you can woodcut?
Where are the potions you can make from ancient herbs? We have a whole herby gerdy minigame thing but all you get is an herb bag? There's really no plants we'd use from this era?
We got a new salamander type for hunter. You can do absolutely nothing with it. Why not grind it into a paste. Rub it on arrows for poison? Use it as a weapon, like any other salamander...?
Aquatic dinosaurs for fishing spots?
Farming spots for these plants out of-time?

Jagex developed this content as a visual spectacle, but forgot they were trying to make a game.

It's even worse than Menaphos in this regard. Menaphos, suffered from similar things. Plover birds with no use. But they had new trees. Even if they also had no use. And fish, even if they were kinda sucky midlevel ones.


We have ancient dino bones all over the maps we use as an Agility Course. We have ancient zygomites, 60 of them or even more to be discoverd. We have ancient trees and even Cactus Trees too. Just that you can't cut them doesn't mean they are not ancient or they are not trees. :D

We even have all the colorful ancient dinosaurs and frogs.

You can suggest how we use all these ancient things to make modern items. I don't see why these ancient items/objects can't be put present time use. I don't see how these ancient creatures can't evolve into something modern. Yes, keep the suggestions coming. :)

09-Jul-2019 20:58:44

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
We have ancient dino bones all over the maps we use as an Agility Course. We have ancient zygomites, 60 of them or even more to be discoverd.
The agility course and using it as a means of traveling is a good concept. Shame it's on an island no one will actually want to travel to. Zygomites are a one and done deal.

Dilbert2001 said:
We have ancient trees and even Cactus Trees too. Just that you can't cut them doesn't mean they are not ancient or they are not trees.
My post was about gameplay content. No shit there's trees there. But, as I said,

Original message details are unavailable.
Jagex developed this content as a visual spectacle, but forgot they were trying to make a game.


Trees, trees everywhere, but not a chop option to be seen :P


If nobody use the Agility Course then there won't be anybody making guides among other suggestions about them, and there won't be a few users complaining about them in the forums.

Those ancient trees are also part of the Agility Course. They are part of the game play obviously. In modern Anchronia, players cut Overgrown Idols. That's the modern content.

Do you also know why we don't cut those dead trees the traditional way? Well, in Anchronia the cool plants are living ones. We kill them. We don't chop them. Aren't those cool plants that shoot seeds like they are machines guns better to be killed than just cut? :)

09-Jul-2019 21:38:03

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just one day after release, now players found how to do the Agility Course and the xp rate was actually quite high, particularly starting out at level 30, it is >75k xp/hr a whooping 75k per hour.

Seems like very good place for at least lowbies. :)

10-Jul-2019 02:56:31 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2019 02:56:59 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
-SIGH- ALREADY GONE OVER THIS, they tell Pcgamer the whole content will come over weeks(turns out that is a lie). They also kept saying they want to keep a few things a secret and surprise for players, that's also turns out to minimal content, such as boot and a potion lol.


Not even half a week has passed since the start of Anachronia, somebody can see into the future weeks and tell us the content or lack of already????? :D

11-Jul-2019 17:57:55

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Skull-inky said:
-SIGH- ALREADY GONE OVER THIS, they tell Pcgamer the whole content will come over weeks(turns out that is a lie). They also kept saying they want to keep a few things a secret and surprise for players, that's also turns out to minimal content, such as boot and a potion lol.


Not even half a week has passed since the start of Anachronia, somebody can see into the future weeks and tell us the content or lack of already????? :D


Based on statements made by the people who made the content? yeah i know its crazy right!


What statements made by the people who made the content? Please at least show links and quotes.

I only saw YOURS "statements" but nothing else.

11-Jul-2019 19:50:39

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Skull-inky said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Skull-inky said:
-SIGH- ALREADY GONE OVER THIS, they tell Pcgamer the whole content will come over weeks(turns out that is a lie). They also kept saying they want to keep a few things a secret and surprise for players, that's also turns out to minimal content, such as boot and a potion lol.


Not even half a week has passed since the start of Anachronia, somebody can see into the future weeks and tell us the content or lack of already????? :D


Based on statements made by the people who made the content? yeah i know its crazy right!


What statements made by the people who made the content? Please at least show links and quotes.

I only saw YOURS "statements" but nothing else.


Seriously if you don't want to keep updated via live streams thats on you, not me.

They clearly stated the next few weeks will be QoL updates, bug fixes and New features people have been asking for, which is QoL updates.


What? Didn't you also said they already mentioned
"They also kept saying they want to keep a few things a secret and surprise for players"
?

11-Jul-2019 19:56:50

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Yes they did on previous live streams before the content came out. It's not been mentioned since.


From Month Ahead July:

"There’s so much to see
There are plenty of nooks, crannies and
secrets to discover across The Land Out of Time
, and among them you’ll find two new overgrown idols for woodcutting, some mining sites, additional traditional hunter spots and fishing locations."


Not mentioned since?

11-Jul-2019 20:02:22

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Skull-inky said:
Yes they did on previous live streams before the content came out. It's not been mentioned since.


From Month Ahead July:

"There’s so much to see
There are plenty of nooks, crannies and
secrets to discover across The Land Out of Time
, and among them you’ll find two new overgrown idols for woodcutting, some mining sites, additional traditional hunter spots and fishing locations."


Not mentioned since?


What? Nooks and crannies, could they be talking about the flowers, the mini-quest? how does that make any mention of future content? they are clearly talking about the island in it's present state.


Don't tell me you don't know what the word
AND
in "There are plenty of nooks, crannies
and secrets
to discover across The Land Out of Time" mean. Even my 8 year old neighbor knows. :D:D:D

11-Jul-2019 20:09:44

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Do you get pleasure out of mentally messing with people?

I just said, they were talking about the island in it's current form when they said there is plenty of nooks and crannies. It's easy and makes sense to assume they mean, the flowers, mini-quest etc.


Do you really not understand what
AND
means or you intentionally ignore
"secrets to discover across The Land Out of Time"
.

Too bad, you can't mess with what other people think, including my 8 year old neighbor. :D

11-Jul-2019 20:17:49

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Skull-inky said:
Do you get pleasure out of mentally messing with people?

I just said, they were talking about the island in it's current form when they said there is plenty of nooks and crannies. It's easy and makes sense to assume they mean, the flowers, mini-quest etc.


Do you really not understand what
AND
means or you intentionally ignore
"secrets to discover across The Land Out of Time"
.

Too bad, you can't mess with what other people think, including my 8 year old neighbor. :D


Theres is a difference between their statement of "There’s so much to see
There are plenty of nooks, crannies and secrets to discover across The Land Out of Time, and among them you’ll find two new overgrown idols for woodcutting, some mining sites, additional traditional hunter spots and fishing locations."

If they said:

"There’s so much to see, and keep a look at in the future as
There are plenty of nooks, crannies and secrets to discover across The Land Out of Time, and among them you’ll find two new overgrown idols for woodcutting, some mining sites, additional traditional hunter spots and fishing locations."


Nooks, crannies and secrets meaning:

New potion
2 new boots
finding 60 flowers
Mini-quest.
A compass
Building upgrade parts, dino rib, hide, etc.

there's your secrets in the nooks and crannies.

You'll also see after they make that comment they then go on to list everything that already exists on the island.


How do you "see" A SECRET? Of course, you have to explore, find out untold lore and stories. This is obviously more than just to see a flower or a dead cat. :D

11-Jul-2019 20:33:40

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Do you think i enjoy debating with you, a brick wall.

I would love to be wrong, but given players have already made guides, detailed maps and discovered everything so far, I'm finding it hard to believe there are any "secrets" left right now.


What? You realized you can't argue against UPCOMING secrets without being one "from the future", right?

How do those people make guides and maps from the "secrets" in the future without themselves being "from the future"? :D

11-Jul-2019 20:39:20

The contents of this message have been hidden

11-Jul-2019 20:42:40

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,055Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deva Surya said:
My lil Buddy said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Skull-inky said:
Do you get pleasure out of mentally messing with people?

I just said, they were talking about the island in it's current form when they said there is plenty of nooks and crannies. It's easy and makes sense to assume they mean, the flowers, mini-quest etc.


Do you really not understand what
AND
means or you intentionally ignore
"secrets to discover across The Land Out of Time"
.

Too bad, you can't mess with what other people think, including my 8 year old neighbor. :D


You've been playing Land out of Time with your 8 year old neighbor? :(

lol


Sorry he doesn't even play Runescape. He just knows the meaning of
AND
.

21-Jul-2019 03:20:51

Quick find code: 15-16-27-66109739Back to Top