It's definitely clunky, and being kicked out for an hour is rough when you're just trying to learn how to do it. I think they should ditch the lock out (I want to play the game, not not play the game) and make the circle smaller or something bc as is it's mostly a pain
Just tried this and so far I don't like it. If we could keep the supplies when we leave it would help. edit to add: the island itself is interesting but the map should get more detail once you've been to an area
- Last edited on 08-Jul-2019 20:34:39 by Megycal
What the literal fuck? Did they even fucking play-test this fucking garbage? JESUS CHRIST JAGEX! An hour long wait to do it again? That抯 complete horse shit!
Sorry about the rant, now on to more constructive feedback. I like the concept, I really do, but it needs some MASSIVE changes. It抯 like the boss equivalent of hunter. A players have been begging for a skilling boss.
1. Make the beast抯 radius smaller or make the area bigger. Preferably both. Often the radius was too large and there was literally nowhere to hide (in the smaller areas) or you couldn抰 surge far enough out of range. The mechanics pretty much make it so you 100% have to have mutated surge. It was crazy hard even with my mobile perk. Ever better would be if there were like 2 or 3 rocks that you could stand behind to hide from view. Ones like the Bagrada Rex were alright but the ones like the Scimitops were aids.
2. Reduce the cooldown. A lot. Like 15 minutes tops. Or perhaps you could sacrifice like 10 of the bait to remove the cooldown entirely. I get it, it抯 an attempt to make the hunter creature抯 resources retain their values but this is just ridiculous. Perhaps, let the hunter dude act as the equivalent of a slayer master but for hunter and on your assigned task there is a greater % chance of rare or unique drop.
3. Tbh, there are just too many things to hold in your inventory. Spears, Logs, vines, poisoned spears, bait, etc. more of these should stack. It takes too long to get the resources, set the traps, etc. but of course that would be resolved by my first suggestion to a great extent.
4. If they are going to remain this difficult, they need way better rewards. It抯 boss level difficulty, it needs boss level rewards.
In conclusion the new hunter bosses are fucking sick! I had a lot of fun doing them and hope to see them expand on this in the future. But please, please for the love of god makes me adjustments!