Forums

Which way is faster for course

Quick find code: 15-16-558-66111249

of 2
Daibhi
Sep Member 2017

Daibhi

Posts: 1,100Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I used to joke about how this isn't F1 but now seconds really do matter haha. I don't think anyone has actually sat down and legitimately timed it second for second both ways but it's probably "the right way" because of how it seems to be designed to be done in this direction (hand/foots align with this direction and not the opposite):



I don't get as lost as I do going the other way. Granted I don't get lost much at all going either way now but all it takes is a lapse of memory at any point to go off course for a few seconds.

17-Jul-2019 12:40:47

Monklady
May Member 2005

Monklady

Posts: 1,303Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I also go counter-clockwise the way Daibhi showed on the map. I just started doing it that way the first time because I saw that entrance before I saw the other one to the north. Now of course it seems the "best" way to me because I know the route. Turn me around though and I get lost. lol. I've done it the other way a few times, the first one so I could check off that achievement task.... But I don't like it going clockwise. Nothing logical, just that I don't know it going that way. I'm the same way even with driving somewhere unfamiliar... pre-smart phone/GPS I had to pay special attention so I'd know the route home because everything looks different in the other direction. lolol

17-Jul-2019 13:16:17 - Last edited on 17-Jul-2019 13:16:52 by Monklady

ELITE STACK
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 6,272Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My record is 6:28 with double surge + bladed dive with mobile but I heard ppl get 6 minutes without double surge. It really depends which course is easier to surge/bd to get a faster time I guess. The brightest ideas are the most undervalued.

17-Jul-2019 14:28:03

Monklady
May Member 2005

Monklady

Posts: 1,303Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Immortalized said:
I've done both and imo clockwise is best and how it was designed. My best lap is 6:42


Why do you say it was designed that way? It works both ways, and the signs point both ways... I mean, some are facing you when you run clockwise and others are facing you when you run counterclockwise...

17-Jul-2019 19:50:28

Immortalized
Mar Member 2006

Immortalized

Posts: 32,823Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ELITE STACK said:
My record is 6:28 with double surge + bladed dive with mobile but I heard ppl get 6 minutes without double surge. It really depends which course is easier to surge/bd to get a faster time I guess.

i doubt you can get 6 min without double surge. the best i can do is 6:30 probably with bladed dive and single surge + mobile

is there any totem you could tele to to speed up a section of the course?
bring back the lumbridge pig pit

18-Jul-2019 10:03:03 - Last edited on 18-Jul-2019 10:11:28 by Immortalized

Immortalized
Mar Member 2006

Immortalized

Posts: 32,823Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Monklady said:
Immortalized said:
I've done both and imo clockwise is best and how it was designed. My best lap is 6:42


Why do you say it was designed that way? It works both ways, and the signs point both ways... I mean, some are facing you when you run clockwise and others are facing you when you run counterclockwise...

i see a lot more indications goin clockwise is correct based on them setting the reset npc on the north part of city, and most of the hand markings face that direction. there's a few outliers but i see way more indicating clockwise than counter. there's also very few times you can stray from the path going clockwise whereas when i tried doin counterclockwise my first few attempts i would always end up goin the wrong way due to little guidance. it's much clearer when you go clockwise since there's only one real path you can take
bring back the lumbridge pig pit

18-Jul-2019 10:14:41

Monklady
May Member 2005

Monklady

Posts: 1,303Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Immortalized said:
Monklady said:
Immortalized said:
I've done both and imo clockwise is best and how it was designed. My best lap is 6:42


Why do you say it was designed that way? It works both ways, and the signs point both ways... I mean, some are facing you when you run clockwise and others are facing you when you run counterclockwise...

i see a lot more indications goin clockwise is correct based on them setting the reset npc on the north part of city, and most of the hand markings face that direction. there's a few outliers but i see way more indicating clockwise than counter. there's also very few times you can stray from the path going clockwise whereas when i tried doin counterclockwise my first few attempts i would always end up goin the wrong way due to little guidance. it's much clearer when you go clockwise since there's only one real path you can take


I think it totally depends on which direction you started doing it first. I tried going clockwise earlier today and got totally and completely lost somewhere early in the course...I was trying to get to Herby Werby and never even got that far. I just ran around until I found the way by ground to Herby Werby and then reset my course when I got back to the city.

18-Jul-2019 22:57:55

Quick find code: 15-16-558-66111249Back to Top