Forums

Group Ironman Mode?

Quick find code: 16-17-331-66090695

of 2
Yeppz
Sep Member 2019

Yeppz

Posts: 4Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey all!

A long while ago at runefest Jagex announced to release the group ironman mode.
Mod Poerkie mentioned on Reddit it has been shelved because of RS3 mobile and bank rework.

So my question is if there are any thoughts about it's release date and if there is any more recent news about Group Ironman?

My own guess is that it will be released (short) after october 2019 because rs3 mobile has been planned to come out that month.

Any ideas/information are welcome! :)

20-Mar-2019 01:59:30

Konota
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2010

Konota

Posts: 6,751Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To be honest, I think "shelved" is a fancy word for "We will never release it", "In about 3-5 years" or "We do not see enough profit in it versus the time we have to spend for it".

Man, I'd love group ironman, I'd slaughter all monsters together, skill alongside my fellow grouped adventurers and make some sort of plan to assign roles for who does what & switch.
Hello Moto

20-Mar-2019 10:24:53

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,532Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Konota said:
Man, I'd love group ironman, I'd slaughter all monsters together, skill alongside my fellow grouped adventurers and make some sort of plan to assign roles for who does what & switch.


Doesnt that somewhat go against one of the main things for being an IM though?

One of them being doing things solo.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support
Currently a forum user only

22-Mar-2019 00:55:57

Steelweaver
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Steelweaver

Posts: 11,763Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Konota said:
Man, I'd love group ironman, I'd slaughter all monsters together, skill alongside my fellow grouped adventurers and make some sort of plan to assign roles for who does what & switch.


Doesnt that somewhat go against one of the main things for being an IM though?

One of them being doing things solo.


Ironman =/= solo MMO

Ironman = self-sustainability

Group Ironman = sustainability among a small posse


On topic, it’ll likely never come out now really.
They’ve “shelved” a lot of planned things over the years and they rarely come back in their original form.
The Steelweaver

World Guardian #835
Maxed 9/7/2016
120 Smithing 1/4/2019

22-Mar-2019 04:27:40 - Last edited on 22-Mar-2019 04:29:09 by Steelweaver

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,958Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeppz said:
Hey all!

A long while ago at runefest Jagex announced to release the group ironman mode.
Mod Poerkie mentioned on Reddit it has been shelved because of RS3 mobile and bank rework.


Actually the bank rework has been shelved as well, lmao.

Also skiller offhands have been shelved. Pretty much anything intended to come out in 2018 that hasn't already, isn't going to happen.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

22-Mar-2019 19:08:41

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,532Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Steelweaver said:
Ironman =/= solo MMO

Ironman = self-sustainability

Group Ironman = sustainability among a small posse


Yes but one of the reasons IM was even made was due to the fact ppl where playing a "solo version" of a normal acc of course with other rules.

So most of the time whenever you see someone play as an IM its always solo.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support
Currently a forum user only

23-Mar-2019 10:32:36

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,426Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think Group Ironman is not just "shelved" but has outright stopped due to technical reason. Same goes with Skilling Offhand.

However, unlike some people thought (or stated), the other projects mentioned in 2018 will come out soon. They include Fire Spirits (will come with Fireworking update next week), Shattered World update, and "the strange demon boss that players could kill solo or team from inside out".

The reason for the delay of such projects was the cancellation of TAPP in the last few months of 2018. However, the TAPP ban has been lifted now and these projects are being released starting new week, although Jagex did not bother to "hype" them up with their proper Month Ahead or quarterly review announcements. :)

23-Mar-2019 15:31:02

Quick find code: 16-17-331-66090695Back to Top