Forums

Weapons diversity

Quick find code: 16-17-402-66114154

of 2
Manzano
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Manzano

Posts: 57Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My question is why cousin to launch the content, there is little "diversity of weapons" at each level?

T70 + has a smaller range of items.

Will they deploy the rest of the metallurgy weapon arsenal? (Orikalko, Necronium, Maldicita and Elder Rune)

for t90

if you have limited access too, not having:

Mallet, Warhammer, Battle Ax, Scimitar, Attack, Spear, Dagger, Short Sword, Two-Handed Sword, Two-Handed Ax and Flail. (I may be missing something).

T92 doesn't even talk ... there are only 3 melee items at this level (Khopesh and ZGS)

What measures are taken to this end?

02-Aug-2019 19:05:55 - Last edited on 02-Aug-2019 19:06:24 by Manzano

Moneybucks
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Moneybucks

Posts: 7,835Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One of the reasons for the update was to increase the reward space for new items. I suspect we might see some of these holes plugged in the comming.. months and years?
Moneybucks

03-Aug-2019 00:06:31

Xavathos
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Xavathos

Posts: 626Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Not just new weapons. There can be armor diversities and why not combat diversities too? :)


There already are armor diversities between hybrid, tank and power armours.

And combat diversity? You mean melee using melee, range using ranged and magic using spells? Hmm, don't we have that already?
When it rains, look for rainbows. :)

...and unicorns.

08-Aug-2019 15:12:30

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Xavathos said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Not just new weapons. There can be armor diversities and why not combat diversities too? :)


There already are armor diversities between hybrid, tank and power armours.

And combat diversity? You mean melee using melee, range using ranged and magic using spells? Hmm, don't we have that already?


Hybrid, tank and power don't add enough diversities to armors to begin with. There can obviously be more diversities, especially if more weapons and armors are added.

The combat triangle is really old. It certainly can use some modernization. :)

08-Aug-2019 16:00:44

Xavathos
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Xavathos

Posts: 626Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Hybrid, tank and power don't add enough diversities to armors to begin with. There can obviously be more diversities, especially if more weapons and armors are added.

The combat triangle is really old. It certainly can use some modernization. :)


Sure, but I'm not hearing any suggestions whatsoever. I think it would help your case to put in the effort to at least make one.
When it rains, look for rainbows. :)

...and unicorns.

08-Aug-2019 17:23:58

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Xavathos said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Hybrid, tank and power don't add enough diversities to armors to begin with. There can obviously be more diversities, especially if more weapons and armors are added.

The combat triangle is really old. It certainly can use some modernization. :)


Sure, but I'm not hearing any suggestions whatsoever. I think it would help your case to put in the effort to at least make one.


Many have already talked armor and combat diversities for quite a while... just give you a small taste of them... like these:

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/bpupau/once_may_is_past_jagex_should_look_into_armor/

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/8v6tak/community_design_competition_1_weapon_and_armour/

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/8tj9qc/weapon_and_armour_diversity_ideas/

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/bx0kyj/combat_diversity_is_a_mistake/

Nope. I don't want to steal other players' ideas and claim them as mine, so no thanks. I'll take whatever Jagex give us, if they choose. :)

08-Aug-2019 17:38:17

Smasherley
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2007

Smasherley

Posts: 1,830Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe Seren Godbow comes under the shortbow class

With this update it feels as though it is being nerfed. It's range was increased to step further away to aid on boss fights like Gregorovic to not have to be so close to the boss and the update it seems will nerf the cb power of it if further away. i cannot say I am happy about that whilst Blightbounds seem amazing

It comes to the point where they wreck content and leave us lumbered with their changes. It reminds me of the need to be able to remove dyes... I am not asking for the 700m back but I would like to return to me an untradeable bottle of Shadow dye to reuse as I see fit, much like removing ornament kits from dragon/hydrix items and sell the Seren godbow towards Blightbounds. I think that's only fair considering I was under the impression SGB was one of the best weapons in the game and it wasn't going to be the subject of yet another major overhaul to the combat system.

Especially when the last one split the entire gaming community down the middle into TWO separate versions of Runescape.

I mean I could lose it to a mate in the wilderness and get the bil back for the bow that way but really in 2019 on runescape is that REALLY necessary? Even If I lost the dye at my own choice it should still be a choice to remove it. Personally think if I had the untradeable version of the dye in return it would affect nothing in game but my choice to use it elsewhere.

Wont get supported from the usual forum trolls but thats not surprising.

It just annoys me Jagex kills everything and by the time they do you have made choices that you never expect this rework would happen. Even if it was a Longbow it seems 2h bows are facing nerfs than bonuses to me

12-Aug-2019 02:05:24 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2019 02:09:11 by Smasherley

Kronhos
Apr Member 2019

Kronhos

Posts: 2,289Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Smasherley said:
I It reminds me of the need to be able to remove dyes... I am not asking for the 700m back but I would like to return to me an untradeable bottle of Shadow dye to reuse as I see fit, much like removing ornament kits from dragon/hydrix items and sell the Seren godbow towards Blightbounds.


How scratching paint from something would make the paint usable again? makes no sense at all lol.

would make more sense to make the colored item tradeable, imo.

12-Aug-2019 07:57:41

Quick find code: 16-17-402-66114154Back to Top