Forums

Land OoT - New Slayer Master

Quick find code: 16-17-873-66106320

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,081Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Drakan said:
New Slayer Master? Again? More Slayer? At insanely high levels? Why...

Where is this announcement? I haven't seen anything.


From the latest Jagex live stream. Not at insanely high levels. Slayer mobs require only level 90-114 to kill. She is more like a supplement to Morvan or Ling or Mandrith.

Why? Because there are new slayer mobs on Anachronia, and the new slayer master can hand out "clustered" assignments like Dragon Task and let the players dictate what dragons to kill instead of a specific kind.

19-Jun-2019 12:36:57

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,081Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Lord Drakan said:
New Slayer Master? Again? More Slayer? At insanely high levels? Why...

Where is this announcement? I haven't seen anything.


From the latest Jagex live stream. Not at insanely high levels. Slayer mobs require only level 90-114 to kill. She is more like a supplement to Morvan or Ling or Mandrith.

Why? Because there are new slayer mobs on Anachronia, and the new slayer master can hand out "clustered" assignments like Dragon Task and let the players dictate what dragons to kill instead of a specific kind.


Which actually even is a feature that should be part of the older slayer masters as well, since basically every single task released in the last few years allows you to kill related creatures in lieu. Well - I guess Movran will be dead meat anyway.


The difference is:

Movran: go kill red dragons - players have the choice to kill baby, young and grown RED dragon only.

Anachronia slayer master: go kill DRAGONS - players have the choice to kill not just baby, yound and grown RED dragons but any dragons (red, blue, black, green, metallic, etc).

19-Jun-2019 22:12:40

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,081Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said:
Yeah - just like you can kill any corrupted creature, soul devourer, stalker, gemstone dragon, grove creature, ascension creature... with any master already. But yet Movran for instance still has the clutter in the form of three individual strykewyrm tasks.

Tasks slightly grouped by (I guess something like dragon would be a tad bit too common - wouldn't have hurt if it still was grouped by chromatic (including frost/celestial), metallic and gem for instance) would've be able to fix the issue that slayer master naturally become more and more cluttered over time.

My problem currently is that movran sounds so inferior in every single aspect now: He has more poor tasks, that are removed with the new master (okay just like he did with kuradal), he has more clutter with his non-grouped tasks and naturally gives fewer points. Thanks to so widely grouped tasks you're even able to choose if profit, xp or quick tasks matter most for you. Welp - if you have unlocked him he's at least relevant for 5 levels right?


It is almost certain new content will in certain degree make old content less relevant.

Kuradal stole most of the thunder from Duradel/Lapalok... and then Morvran pretty much bumped Kuradal down most slayers' favorite list.

The new Anachronia slayer master will without a doubt be in the spotlight soon. However, since she will not be assigning a few lower tiered mobs, some scrap will be left to Morvran. Morvran will not be totally run out of business. He will still serve some purposes. :)

20-Jun-2019 17:29:58

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,081Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Drakan said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Lord Drakan said:
New Slayer Master? Again? More Slayer? At insanely high levels? Why...

Where is this announcement? I haven't seen anything.


From the latest Jagex live stream. Not at insanely high levels. Slayer mobs require only level 90-114 to kill. She is more like a supplement to Morvan or Ling or Mandrith.

Why? Because there are new slayer mobs on Anachronia, and the new slayer master can hand out "clustered" assignments like Dragon Task and let the players dictate what dragons to kill instead of a specific kind.

Thanks.

90+ is insanely high in my book, :P. I thought they wanted the island to be accessible to everyone, so much so that even a trivial Dig Site quest and 100 kudos requirement are off the table. Then something between Turael and Mazchna seems like it would be more appropriate (but as you say, assigning tasks that include both low-/mid- and high-levelled creatures for you to pick).

The why was as to why there have to be more Slayer monsters... there have been more than enough Slayer updates as is. :( I used to love Slayer, now I am starting to hate it. I do agree on your idea for e.g. 'dragon' assignments though. Morvran does this too, somewhat. He assigns elves; the weaker ones in Lletya or the Iorwerth Camp, or the strong ones in Prifddinas. Same for shadow creatures and possibly more.


They always try to add new content. New slayer monsters are new content too, why not add them?

As for low level slayer masters on Anachronia, why should they be there when the slayers mobs are said to "hit like a truck"?

Anachronia will have low, mid and high level content for new, current and returning players, but it doesn't mean they have low, mid and high level content for every category of activities for new, current and returning players of different levels.

22-Jun-2019 16:16:25

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,081Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Drakan said:
Dilbert2001 said:
They always try to add new content. New slayer monsters are new content too, why not add them?

Because we are pretty much getting a Slayer update of some sort every two months or something now, it's absolutely ridiculous. Meanwhile, when was the last proper Construction or Crafting or Summoning update?


Not just slayer updates, but there have been many many much bigger updates than just adding merely a skill master in different skills too... from mining and smithing, to farming, to firemaking and herblore, to hunter, etc etc etc. Don't forget weapons are going to get a big update, and therefore all combat skills will also be affected and indirectly receiving passive updates.

We know we are going to get Big Game Hunting and an island-sized update in Agility soon in Anachronia too. Only the tip of the iceberg Anchronia has been revealed so far. There may actually be construction and crafting updates hidden with the unrevealed
Constructing
A Base Camp activity and the
Crafting
of a new level 75 Ranger Set from the dinosaurs. :)

23-Jun-2019 17:18:08

Quick find code: 16-17-873-66106320Back to Top