Kings Abbotsaid: Wasn't Deathmatch dead really fast it was updated from the Crucible? Even with a spotlight, I think people just don't like it.
To be honest if that is an issue they simply could remove the second soul wars spotlight slot (since it's dead now anyway even on spotlight) and repurpose it for deathmatch. Deathmatch can be played with two players - soul wars needs at least ten.
Admittingly - I never understood what the justification for soul wars was to have two slots. CW sure for more than obvious reasons (even now), but SW why actually?Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2 Quick Fixes: Invention
- Last edited on 03-Jul-2019 21:19:06 by Rikornak
The point system needs to be reworked so that boosting no longer makes playing properly redundant/way inferior. A method such as tracking damage taken/blocked will award the opponent, rather than kills being the only decider of how many points someone gets.The New Wild (instanced) <---------> Enhancing Combat and PVP <----- UPDATED to include
Removing RNG from PVP
- Last edited on 04-Jul-2019 04:54:54 by Stoic n Vain
Stoic n Vainsaid: Support for it to be included on spotlight.
The point system needs to be reworked so that boosting no longer makes playing properly redundant/way inferior. A method such as tracking damage taken/blocked will award the opponent, rather than kills being the only decider of how many points someone gets.
They basically already have an assist system in place, but it's horribly executed - to count for as this you need to have dealt at least half the damage, but fail to get the killing blow - basically unfeasible as soon as a third player attacks one target. Even if you got the assist somebody has stolen the kill from you then - and with that the majority of points the target would be worth.Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2 Quick Fixes: Invention
When you mentioned, "Putting this on the spotlight will attract players into learning safe-pvp combat. And later staying alive agains wilderness pvp/bounty hunter slayer pkers." There are better alternatives such as clan war(white portal), castle war, duel arena, player dueling, and etc....
Lastly, I also hope Jagex would improve the thaler shop by adding Deathmatch rewards, which would make DM items easier to obtain besides playing the minigame itself."The day before yesterday, I saw a rabbit. Yesterday, it was a deer. And today, it's you."
The Crucible wasn’t successful because we live in an era of efficiency. In the Crucible there were winners and losers. If you’re not making money, you’re losing it. And even if you were one of the better PKers if you weren’t making enough money, there are better methods outside of the crucible. That, simply put, is why the wilderness is dead and The Crucible became Deathmatch.
PvP content like this has always been unsustainable. Why? The answer can Ben found in the Pareto Principle which states “for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.” What application does this have to the Crucible and the Wilderness? It means that 20% of the participants are making 80% of the profit. Just as a general rule. The other 80% are either losing money or making a smaller margin of profit. The bottom 80% quickly realize they have nothing to benefit and leave never to return. Then of the remainder of them, the best 20% PKers quickly rise to the top and the bottom 80% realize they’ve nothing to gain and they also leave. And the cycle continues until nobody is left and the content is dead.