Forums

discontinueds as cosmetics

Quick find code: 309-310-2-66019196

of 2
Lady Naaka
Apr Member 2019

Lady Naaka

Posts: 47Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I was just playing casually today when i noticed a group of people with a tea service resting emote that is no longer abtainable. I'd kill for this animation, put it in the store and make money from those of us interested who werent around for the events. Many times now i've been dissappointed in not being able to obtain something but this takes the cake. I NEED that emote. I can't stand not being able to get this. if you put this on solomons store along with other cosmetic versions of discont.s I guarantee a slight rise in profits as well as a boost to player satisfaction. Because seeing things one will never be able to obtain is very upsetting.

12-Jun-2018 23:29:54

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 64,599Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is why you partake in events.

So if you choose not to then you lose all rights to owning any of the rewards until and only if jagex choose to rerelease it.

I mean you dont see them putting holiday items into sgs so why should this be any different?
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

13-Jun-2018 00:47:03 - Last edited on 13-Jun-2018 00:49:00 by Draco Burnz

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 39,916Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No support, original discontinueds are to be kept discontinued.


Lady Naaka said:
I NEED that emote. I can't stand not being able to get this.

Last time I checked, there is zero content in the game that requires any resting emotes, so no, you don't need it. You *want* it, but you don't need it, and if you feel like your desire to get it is that strong, you might be getting unhealthily addicted to the game.


Lady Naaka said:
if you put this on solomons store along with other cosmetic versions of discont.s I guarantee a slight rise in profits as well as a boost to player satisfaction. Because seeing things one will never be able to obtain is very upsetting.

It might or might not give a boost for them in the short term; however, deceiving the old players by re-releasing original discontinueds will hurt them in the long term, so no, it's not worth it. If missing out on discontinueds upsets you, rather than asking for re-releases, what you should be doing is prevent cosmetics from becoming discontinued in the first place; persuade Jagex to stop discontinuing cosmetics, by having them always available from some source since the beginning.
Cool Bump™ Service
|| "An immortal demands you fulfill three wishes, and you've the gall to propose a round of gwent?"

13-Jun-2018 08:13:13

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 64,599Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blackwing said:
No support, original discontinueds are to be kept discontinued.


Lady Naaka said:
I NEED that emote. I can't stand not being able to get this.

Last time I checked, there is zero content in the game that requires any resting emotes, so no, you don't need it. You *want* it, but you don't need it, and if you feel like your desire to get it is that strong, you might be getting unhealthily addicted to the game.


Lady Naaka said:
if you put this on solomons store along with other cosmetic versions of discont.s I guarantee a slight rise in profits as well as a boost to player satisfaction. Because seeing things one will never be able to obtain is very upsetting.

It might or might not give a boost for them in the short term; however, deceiving the old players by re-releasing original discontinueds will hurt them in the long term, so no, it's not worth it. If missing out on discontinueds upsets you, rather than asking for re-releases, what you should be doing is prevent cosmetics from becoming discontinued in the first place; persuade Jagex to stop discontinuing cosmetics, by having them always available from some source since the beginning.


Exactly.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

13-Jun-2018 11:37:13

Ladyolake
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 3,723Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I dont care either way


I guess if you do get it you should have to do the same thing we did to get it.

If it was sold on solomons lots of people be mad.

then we run into the problem, ok you do the event and get it... but older players that have it want something for doing the event again. so we get somethign diff

But pple who did the new event to get the old cosmetic now want the new cosmetic too and the cycle continues.

I think its best if they leave it alone.. maybe something else will come around that suits you.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

14-Jun-2018 18:50:34

Turksta
Jul Member 2019

Turksta

Posts: 3,539Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You guys all disappoint me. The tea service resting animation was obtained from an "event", Yes an "event" in which at the time if you didn't do it you had the option to buy the rewards with real life money. The event wasn't even a real event except a mtx event.

"If it was sold on solomons lots of people be mad."

Oh please. Don't act like this resting animation will cause an uproar or riot if it gets rereleased. And any individuals that it might affect, it already does affect them i.e they do get mad already regardless as seen with the rerelease of other items such as the zodiac outfit and other numerous "should never have returned" mtx items.

I'd rather Jagex rerelease the animation on SGS if it means them making more money. Maybe if players were more considerate of others, then Jagex might be too and wouldn't have to raise membership prices as much..

"Last time I checked, there is zero content in the game that requires any resting emotes, so no, you don't need it. You *want* it, but you don't need it, and if you feel like your desire to get it is that strong, you might be getting unhealthily addicted to the game."

^I mean if people lose their cool and get all angry because a useless animation got rereleased, then it is maybe those people who might have an unhealthy addiction to the game.

15-Jun-2018 04:37:36

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 64,599Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Turksta said:
You guys all disappoint me. The tea service resting animation was obtained from an "event", Yes an "event" in which at the time if you didn't do it you had the option to buy the rewards with real life money. The event wasn't even a real event except a mtx event.


Just because you want everything to be rereleased, doesnt mean it should.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

15-Jun-2018 11:04:27 - Last edited on 15-Jun-2018 11:04:40 by Draco Burnz

Ladyolake
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 3,723Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was sorta saying pple would be mad if it was just purchaseable and so the in game

event we did and struggled with now means nothing. And if jagex brought that

event back they would need to give a diff reward for those who already have it.

Then the cycle continues.

I have no idea how they could reintroduce it to make a majority happy.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

15-Jun-2018 22:50:55

Quick find code: 309-310-2-66019196Back to Top