Forums

Does Majority vote meanNothing

Quick find code: 317-318-224-66123478

of 3
W G
Dec Member 2018

W G

Posts: 2,989Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why is it that we have to have 75% favor towards a vote for something to pass? How does having 27,000 votes to YES, and 5k Votes to NO equate to NO? I think the voting percentage needs to be re-evaluated to where majority comes out on top again. There were a lot of really good items on the past 2 polls and they didn't pass because people just vote no, whether it be because they don't want it, like it, or don't care.

Can the Skip answers be added to the Yes count if the poll question is close to passing or something? This is starting to get ridiculous.

For polls like the PVP weapons, maybe have them as a stand alone where they are only able to be used on players, and at a future date make another poll asking if they should be used on wild bosses, and then let that run for a while, and poll again if they should be used outside the wild. Don't just drop it all at one time, that could affect the vote outcome as a whole.

Real talk though. 75% is a ridiculous amount to pass
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. run a poll to make thammaron's sceptre having charges like the Crawls bow so that its attack on NPC's in the wild are similar to the Trident.

02-Oct-2019 22:16:20

W G
Dec Member 2018

W G

Posts: 2,989Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Penguin Lord said:
It should be 85% to pass, but jagex has to make a compromise somewhere
that makes no sense. If it was 85% less would pass than it does already. I feel if there are more than double the votes of yes than no it should pass

02-Oct-2019 23:29:33

weston btw

weston btw

Posts: 1,437Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These guys would vote in EoC if they could. We need 90%, not 85%. I would much rather anyone PK in game than do so irl. If you wanna get it out, do it on an online platform please. I don't want anyone getting harmed physically. :(

03-Oct-2019 00:16:55

cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In the early days of the game, we said we did not want something that only half the players wanted would go in because we thought that would make it too easy to get things that did not belong. So in a forum poll, we voted on 50+%, 60%, 65%, 2/3rds. 70%, 75%, and 80%. A larger portion of the players said 3/4th (75%). Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

03-Oct-2019 00:18:36

weston btw

weston btw

Posts: 1,437Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cooke fletch said:
In the early days of the game, we said we did not want something that only half the players wanted would go in because we thought that would make it too easy to get things that did not belong. So in a forum poll, we voted on 50+%, 60%, 65%, 2/3rds. 70%, 75%, and 80%. A larger portion of the players said 3/4th (75%).


When was this voted on? I was around and don't remember this.
I would much rather anyone PK in game than do so irl. If you wanna get it out, do it on an online platform please. I don't want anyone getting harmed physically. :(

03-Oct-2019 00:20:39

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,119Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
weston btw said:
cooke fletch said:
In the early days of the game, we said we did not want something that only half the players wanted would go in because we thought that would make it too easy to get things that did not belong. So in a forum poll, we voted on 50+%, 60%, 65%, 2/3rds. 70%, 75%, and 80%. A larger portion of the players said 3/4th (75%).


When was this voted on? I was around and don't remember this.


In a thread in forums... I was in the tiny minority that wanted it to be 90% or more. =)

Besides.. lowering the percentage was polled... it failed. =)
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

03-Oct-2019 00:27:52

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,119Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeremy Cheng said:
Get rid of skip question problem solved!


Everybody cried before the skip option was added.. they wanted to vote on some of the stuffs but didn't care on some of it too.

The skips don't count for either side and allows peeps to not vote for or against the things they don't care about.

Get rid of that and you're likely to tick a fair few off and they'll start voting 'no' just for fun. =)
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

03-Oct-2019 00:31:18

weston btw

weston btw

Posts: 1,437Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Angel2D4 said:
weston btw said:
cooke fletch said:
In the early days of the game, we said we did not want something that only half the players wanted would go in because we thought that would make it too easy to get things that did not belong. So in a forum poll, we voted on 50+%, 60%, 65%, 2/3rds. 70%, 75%, and 80%. A larger portion of the players said 3/4th (75%).


When was this voted on? I was around and don't remember this.


In a thread in forums... I was in the tiny minority that wanted it to be 90% or more. =)

Besides.. lowering the percentage was polled... it failed. =)


Yeah, I would've voted for it to be as low as possible. Now, I've learned my lesson. I would vote no to GWD if we got a chance to redo OSRS right. I'd want it to be 90%.
I would much rather anyone PK in game than do so irl. If you wanna get it out, do it on an online platform please. I don't want anyone getting harmed physically. :(

03-Oct-2019 00:35:58

Quick find code: 317-318-224-66123478Back to Top