Forums

Speaking of competition

Quick find code: 317-318-506-66118037

of 3
GP FarmerDun
Oct Member 2019

GP FarmerDun

Posts: 789Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
0join emo brought up an excellent point of discussion. Since OSRS is getting competition (no names btw), does that mean Jagex is gonna provide better service? Botting profits are now under control thanks to revs and Raids. :)

26-Aug-2019 23:34:03

0join Emo

0join Emo

Posts: 648Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
GP FarmerDun said:
0join emo brought up an excellent point of discussion. Since OSRS is getting competition (no names btw), does that mean Jagex is gonna provide better service?
Personally, I think so. What about you? :)

26-Aug-2019 23:43:35

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,665Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
0join Emo said:
@
Dilbert2001

"No. Jagex's service is good enough already."

Jagex's services are good but there is always room for improvement.


No, especially if OSRS players vote against improvements.

27-Aug-2019 00:02:15 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2019 00:02:26 by Dilbert2001

0join Emo

0join Emo

Posts: 648Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Dilbert2001

Imagine if Xbox was the only console on the gaming market right now, Microsoft could do a lot of anti-consumer things to Xbox users because they have no other competition. OSRS is no different. More competition is only a good thing for us players.

27-Aug-2019 00:09:51

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,665Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
0join Emo said:
@ Dilbert2001

Imagine if Xbox was the only console on the gaming market right now, Microsoft could do a lot of anti-consumer things to Xbox users because they have no other competition. OSRS is no different. More competition is only a good thing for us players.


OSRS's competition is not other old school games, but the evolving living games with frequent updates and events.

That said. I told you long ago the "major competitors" you mentioned would have no effect to OSRS with their "old school version of games" released today. One better beware of their pending updates to change their main game into a living game.

27-Aug-2019 00:21:22

GP FarmerDun
Oct Member 2019

GP FarmerDun

Posts: 789Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
No. Jagex's service is good enough already.

OSRS's Headline Updates like Spider Web Slashing are far better than no updates at all in somebody else's stale no-update servers.


Of course. We have just so much that we should all be thankful for such as being able to pay for membership with in-game cash, but there's always room for improvement. Am I right or wrong on this?
Botting profits are now under control thanks to revs and Raids. :)

27-Aug-2019 00:35:29

GP FarmerDun
Oct Member 2019

GP FarmerDun

Posts: 789Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
0join Emo said:
@
Dilbert2001

"No. Jagex's service is good enough already."

Jagex's services are good but there is always room for improvement.


No, especially if OSRS players vote against improvements.


Such as?
Botting profits are now under control thanks to revs and Raids. :)

27-Aug-2019 00:38:28

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,665Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
GP FarmerDun said:
Dilbert2001 said:
0join Emo said:
@
Dilbert2001

"No. Jagex's service is good enough already."

Jagex's services are good but there is always room for improvement.


No, especially if OSRS players vote against improvements.


Such as?


Everything. That 75% threshold is just too unreasonable.

27-Aug-2019 00:41:03

Quick find code: 317-318-506-66118037Back to Top