Forums

Is the World Gate infinite?

Quick find code: 341-342-104-65838684

iXavior

iXavior

Posts: 390Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Does the World Gate ever wear out or is its power limitless?

Zaros had to sacrifice a god to power his own makeshift inter-planar portal. It only summoned 12 legions of demon from Infernus, a planet across the universe from Gielinor.

But what about the World Gate? Could it bring EVERY demon on Infernus to Gielinor? It brought a lot of elfkind, humans, and survived the pressure of transferring two tier two gods across the universe. Does this suggest its power is infinite?

What makes the elder sword so tick that it could create a permanent sustaining portal, where Zaros could not?
I worship Mah, for she is mah homegirl! The correct adjective for Mah's followers are: Mahomies, Mah-homeboys, or Mah-homegirls.

03-Oct-2016 04:47:37

Solanumtinkr
Jul Member 2009

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,232Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From what I understand The Elder sword causes a permanent change in the fabric of space time. Almost a rip that the world gate exploits for travel from rip to rip. As for the Gates power, it probably runs off of the stone of jas like most Elder items probably do.

I could be wrong as the explanation could have changed.
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

03-Oct-2016 05:42:01

AesirWarrior
Nov Member 2017

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,051Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The way I understand it, The Elder Sword cuts a permanent hole in the fabric of space and time. I'd see this as different from normal portals where the hole is essentially constantly "caving in" and you need power to keep it open. So no, the world gates do not have infinite power (nothing in the game really does). They just function differently from other portals. If you were to demolish them there'd most likely still be a hole in reality where they stood (though perhaps an invisibile one). Guthix originally created the gates from shards of the sword to prevent the fabric of reality from tearing itself apart.


As you interact with the wisp a memory begins to form in your mind.
Guthix: Each gap between worlds cut by the Blade is like a rip in clothing and they fray, as such, with each use.
Guthix: I must take care to hem each edge I have carved. Only the Blade keeps them stable. Many pieces must be sacrificed.
Player: Are you talking about the World Gates?
Willow: ...
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

03-Oct-2016 08:10:40 - Last edited on 03-Oct-2016 08:46:27 by AesirWarrior

Adventurerrr
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Adventurerrr

Posts: 3,189Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
iXavior said:
Does the World Gate ever wear out or is its power limitless?

Zaros had to sacrifice a god to power his own makeshift inter-planar portal. It only summoned 12 legions of demon from Infernus, a planet across the universe from Gielinor.

But what about the World Gate? Could it bring EVERY demon on Infernus to Gielinor? It brought a lot of elfkind, humans, and survived the pressure of transferring two tier two gods across the universe. Does this suggest its power is infinite?

What makes the elder sword so tick that it could create a permanent sustaining portal, where Zaros could not?



1. Yes it is, Guthix didn't need the world gate to travel through planes, though he created it to make it an instant travel. It brought almost all of the elves from another plane. So it could bring all demons if one wanted it.

2. The sword is an elder artifact, that can open portals without problems, the elder gods used it, Zaros isn't an elder god nor was he as powerful as Guthix was, who was one with Gielinor's anima, giving him enough power to even banish the gods. (Zaros had stated Guthix was powerful because of the elder artifacts as well, but was mostly the Anima Mundi's as well.) The World gate is literally made of the sword (if that's what the Willow dialogue suggest, making it stable enough to be active for such a long time, and works so well in bringing in other races to Gielinor.
the World Guardian
of Guthix
,
of the Godless
&
Quest Master


The Figurehead, Face and Representative of W42.

03-Oct-2016 08:34:15

Hguoh
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,424Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Adventurerrr said:
Zaros isn't an elder god nor was he as powerful as Guthix was, who was one with Gielinor's anima, giving him enough power to even banish the gods. (Zaros had stated Guthix was powerful because of the elder artifacts as well, but was mostly the Anima Mundi's as well.)


You state that like we are meant to be impressed. Seren was able to pull off the same thing on a smaller scale with Tirannwn. And if you restored him fully (dark simulacrum) and are aligned to the Godless, Zaros will openly admit that he has the power to build another Edicts barrier (he'll only state that he would have been able to but can't if you restore him with a light simulacrum).

03-Oct-2016 11:17:06 - Last edited on 03-Oct-2016 11:17:29 by Hguoh

Maiden China
Jan Member 2019

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said:
Adventurerrr said:
Zaros isn't an elder god nor was he as powerful as Guthix was, who was one with Gielinor's anima, giving him enough power to even banish the gods. (Zaros had stated Guthix was powerful because of the elder artifacts as well, but was mostly the Anima Mundi's as well.)


You state that like we are meant to be impressed. Seren was able to pull off the same thing on a smaller scale with Tirannwn. And if you restored him fully (dark simulacrum) and are aligned to the Godless, Zaros will openly admit that he has the power to build another Edicts barrier (he'll only state that he would have been able to but can't if you restore him with a light simulacrum).
ofcourse, knowing zaros, he'd have to find loarnab 2.0 and use that dudes power instead because hades forbid zaros ever use any of his own power
Carn

06-Oct-2016 09:09:55

Hguoh
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,424Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said:
Hguoh said:
Adventurerrr said:
Zaros isn't an elder god nor was he as powerful as Guthix was, who was one with Gielinor's anima, giving him enough power to even banish the gods. (Zaros had stated Guthix was powerful because of the elder artifacts as well, but was mostly the Anima Mundi's as well.)


You state that like we are meant to be impressed. Seren was able to pull off the same thing on a smaller scale with Tirannwn. And if you restored him fully (dark simulacrum) and are aligned to the Godless, Zaros will openly admit that he has the power to build another Edicts barrier (he'll only state that he would have been able to but can't if you restore him with a light simulacrum).
ofcourse, knowing zaros, he'd have to find loarnab 2.0 and use that dudes power instead because hades forbid zaros ever use any of his own power


But of course. Although, given the need for constant supply of power the last barrier needed (hence why it fell when Guthix died), I'd imagine that the source of power Zaros would utilize for it would possess notably more longevity than Loarnab's brief usage (think generator instead of disposable battery).

Besides, it also would help keep the fanatics from trying to kill him in the event we ever have another TWW situation as the barrier wouldn't be linked to him.

That being said, I'm now just curious as to what or who he'd intend to sustain the barrier.

06-Oct-2016 20:06:04

The Mather1
May Gold Premier Club Member 2008

The Mather1

Posts: 1,150Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Knowing Zaros, he'd probably create some kind of mechanism to use Gielinor's own anima to sustain the barrier.

That's just the same as what Guthix did, except leaving him free to do other things.
"Abscondita est in Astra."

10-Oct-2016 10:42:26

Quick find code: 341-342-104-65838684Back to Top