Forums

The last of their kind

Quick find code: 341-342-154-65800352

of 5
Padomenes
Apr Member 2015

Padomenes

Posts: 3,641Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Centaurs are not completely extinct, you can use a fairy ring you know to travel to enchanted valley where you can see many still alive? Though you are not allowed to see what is beyond where the river flows. I predict a boat will be put there at the start of the DOC2 quest to sail through the rest of the valley.
Saradominist
,
INFP(Possibly also ENFP)
, Democratic Socialist irl

17-Jun-2016 20:25:11

Maiden China
Jan Member 2019

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cthris said:
Maiden China said:
Cthris said:
^ Heck, take Bringing Home the Bacon for example. That quest has to take place before a huge amount of quests. Any quest that involves people eating pork, or depicting people eating pork. The Cave goblin series for instance, or any of the fremmy quests in Relleka since you can see pig roasting on a spit.
could, not can

they removed a lot, if not all, of the dead-pig-eating in runescape when they introduced that quest

You're right, they did remove a lot of the mentions of pig. I didn't realize.

However, my example still holds up because they didn't remove mentions of bacon from the Borav dialog. Thus Bringing home the bacon would have to take place before When Guthix Sleeps
that would have been an oversight... they obviously made efforts to put that quest in the current age, they just missed a few

the sixth age quests do all happen in order, and the few things that make that unlikely are just either oversights or player dependant things (like hazeel only showing up in mpd if you resurrected him... a later quest made it obvious he was fine anyway and should have been in mpd either way)
Carn

18-Jun-2016 21:35:20

Falkenberg
Jan Summer Special Member 2017

Falkenberg

Posts: 3,313Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Padomenes said:
Centaurs are not completely extinct, you can use a fairy ring you know to travel to enchanted valley where you can see many still alive? Though you are not allowed to see what is beyond where the river flows. I predict a boat will be put there at the start of the DOC2 quest to sail through the rest of the valley.


That's true, they are not since we can still find living specimens. I'm pretty sure I said nothing stating otherwise. As said before, I will change the contents of the list if facts are provided to prove us(?) wrong. Naturally Jagex aren't obliged to do this, but still, to me it feels odd introducing new elements of lore that aren't followed up on.
The
purple
butterfly

19-Jun-2016 15:53:03 - Last edited on 19-Jun-2016 15:57:08 by Falkenberg

Pupppy
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2010

Pupppy

Posts: 8,778Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, to be honest it is a matter of perspective - to us, many of those races are extinct because we don't see them anymore in our planet.

That is, however, based only on our society's own small field of sight, and it shouldn't mean that such races are necessarily gone in the whole universe.

So, unless we get a character with a wide (and constant) history of traveling through all of the habitable planes in existence, we can't really take anybody's word for granted that a race has really died out.

19-Jun-2016 22:56:36

Cthris

Cthris

Posts: 5,189Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said:
that would have been an oversight... they obviously made efforts to put that quest in the current age, they just missed a few

the sixth age quests do all happen in order, and the few things that make that unlikely are just either oversights or player dependant things (like hazeel only showing up in mpd if you resurrected him... a later quest made it obvious he was fine anyway and should have been in mpd either way)

Those are assumptions, not facts.

19-Jun-2016 23:07:44

Maiden China
Jan Member 2019

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cthris said:

Those are assumptions, not facts.
your facts are also assumptions, the difference is that my version is 'quite likely' and yours is only supported by the same logic that makes khazard a boss you can do at level 3
Carn

20-Jun-2016 00:14:21

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,496Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said:
Cthris said:

Those are assumptions, not facts.
your facts are also assumptions, the difference is that my version is 'quite likely' and yours is only supported by the same logic that makes khazard a boss you can do at level 3
Now now, let's not turn this into personal attacks..
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

20-Jun-2016 04:59:04

Cthris

Cthris

Posts: 5,189Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said:
Cthris said:

Those are assumptions, not facts.
your facts are also assumptions, the difference is that my version is 'quite likely' and yours is only supported by the same logic that makes khazard a boss you can do at level 3


Tell you what, I was going to write up a proper response about the semantics of assumptions and degrees of likelyhood, and a whole bunch of other fiddly stuff, but it's hot and I don't feel like putting the effort into it, especially considering you probably don't care all that much :P

Think whatever you want. Just know that Jagex has never stated that quests happen in the cannon in order of release, even though they have been asked about it before, and that by believing that BHtB comes before WGS, you are knowingly creating a lore fail where there doesn't need to be.

For the record, if they did want to place that BHtB in the current age they would have either labeled it as a Sixth Age quest in the Quest Journal, or mentioned something like the gods or World Guardian. So no, they obviously did not make efforts to put it into the sixth age.

20-Jun-2016 17:40:20 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2016 17:41:32 by Cthris

Maiden China
Jan Member 2019

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cthris said:
stuff
I don't know or care if bhtb is a sixth age quest at all, all I know is that they put effort into removing references of pig-eating when they released that quest, implying they wanted it to be a present age quest

if a new quest doesn't deal with gpds, dragonkin or elder gods and there's no other reason to assume it's happening 'now' then I'm not really going to see it as a sixth age quest
in the actual sixth age, there's no realistic reason for assuming that the actual sixth age quests dont happen in order... and I can't think of a reason why you'd want them not to happen in order
you know we1 and DoC happen at the same time because jagex said that saradomin could be in two places at once because he was a powerful anough god... they could have simply said 'the quest happens after/before the world event'. the fact that those happen at the same time ingame and inlore implies that all sixth age stuff happens in order of release
in mpd, icthlarin refers to his sister as being currently insane and alive (amascut's story is fifth age so would have already happened) in a sixth age quest, which says to me that things like that shouldn't be taken too seriously
Carn

22-Jun-2016 07:29:47

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,496Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said:
Cthris said:
stuff
I don't know or care if bhtb is a sixth age quest at all, all I know is that they put effort into removing references of pig-eating when they released that quest, implying they wanted it to be a present age quest

if a new quest doesn't deal with gpds, dragonkin or elder gods and there's no other reason to assume it's happening 'now' then I'm not really going to see it as a sixth age quest
in the actual sixth age, there's no realistic reason for assuming that the actual sixth age quests dont happen in order... and I can't think of a reason why you'd want them not to happen in order
you know we1 and DoC happen at the same time because jagex said that saradomin could be in two places at once because he was a powerful anough god... they could have simply said 'the quest happens after/before the world event'. the fact that those happen at the same time ingame and inlore implies that all sixth age stuff happens in order of release
in mpd, icthlarin refers to his sister as being currently insane and alive (amascut's story is fifth age so would have already happened) in a sixth age quest, which says to me that things like that shouldn't be taken too seriously
All that last bit proves is that the Desert series is quite likely to be pulled into the Sixth age.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

22-Jun-2016 08:04:36

Quick find code: 341-342-154-65800352Back to Top