Forums

Sinister Figure..

Quick find code: 341-342-197-65836446

of 6
Lethalintent
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Lethalintent

Posts: 7,342Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Edit Revamp:

We know now that the Sinister figure was in fact Oreb, the author of a book in Kindred Spirits "The Divine Delusion", and is/was one of the Magisters of Teragard who dealt with the soul first and foremost.

We know this because Nomad confirmed his Masters name and the Model of both Oreb and this Sinister Figure both share the exact same model, crappy outdated staff and all, only this time sporting a rather fashionable new white soul cape.

Turns out you can't simply kill someone who has Mastered the soul, at least.. their own soul. Who'd of thought?
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

26-Sep-2016 15:24:00 - Last edited on 26-Sep-2016 17:42:24 by Lethalintent

Ptolemy Dean
Nov Member 2017

Ptolemy Dean

Posts: 3,990Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Saw the cape as well. I'm guessing it's the result of whatever Sliske did with Nomad. "Ptolemos, the friendly, informative Mahjarrat."
Member of the
Godless
and an advocate of
Moia
Zamorak
.
Role-player and proud owner of the Quest, Agility, Hunter, Divination, Thieving, and Smithing Cape.

26-Sep-2016 15:30:41

Lethalintent
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Lethalintent

Posts: 7,342Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ptolemy Dean said:
Saw the cape as well. I'm guessing it's the result of whatever Sliske did with Nomad.


After seeing him thanks to screenshots I suspect he's Oreb, His first master. (Was that his name?)

Funnily enough it looks like he has Mod Raven as his voice actor.

Technically one in the same :P
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

26-Sep-2016 15:42:26 - Last edited on 26-Sep-2016 21:08:38 by Lethalintent

Ancient Drew
Nov Member 2018

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,731Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think that Sliske made Nomad into a wight and is involving his soul in whatever it is he's planning in the ritual hinted out in Kindred Spirits, along with the piece of soul he took from us. What made me question whether to kill or spare him in Nomad's Elegy, however, was what would happen to the souls he absorbed through the Soul Obelisk. Would they be milked out by Sliske if we spared him? Or would they be more easily accessible if we killed him first, unless we're more fortunate and Icthlarin managed to put some of them in the afterlife? Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

26-Sep-2016 15:52:42

Kemtros
Feb Member 2006

Kemtros

Posts: 5,384Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oreb wrote The Divine Delusion from Kindred Spirits. His full name and title is Magister Oreb of House Charron.

26-Sep-2016 16:08:34 - Last edited on 26-Sep-2016 16:08:52 by Kemtros

Jumala
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Jumala

Posts: 186Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"It is my firm belief that the strongest souls belong to those who have made the most out of their lives, who have experienced everything that the world has to offer and braved the greatest of challenges. It even seems as though the Schism has more difficulty in snapping such souls free from their current host." - The Divine Delusion

Yes he was one of the leaders of Teragard

26-Sep-2016 16:27:51

Lethalintent
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Lethalintent

Posts: 7,342Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But now that we know Oreb is alive, and his journal was at the brink of turning to dust as we read it, it becomes clear to me that he did indeed figure out how to transfer ones soul to another host.

Namely his own. Which is why he survived his assassination attempt, and by the condition of his notes, beyond that of a normal humans lifespan.

I wonder..

Sliske was tipped off about the Staff and what it can do with souls by his Master, yet his Master named it in mortal terms..

Very interesting indeed. Very...sinister indeed.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

26-Sep-2016 17:04:58 - Last edited on 26-Sep-2016 17:49:21 by Lethalintent

Vardan

Vardan

Posts: 1,237Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jumala said:
"It is my firm belief that the strongest souls belong to those who have made the most out of their lives, who have experienced everything that the world has to offer and braved the greatest of challenges. It even seems as though the Schism has more difficulty in snapping such souls free from their current host." - The Divine Delusion

Yes he was one of the leaders of Teragard

Suddenly I'm a lot more interested in the Endgame.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

26-Sep-2016 17:42:50

Ancient Drew
Nov Member 2018

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,731Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vardan said:
Jumala said:
"It is my firm belief that the strongest souls belong to those who have made the most out of their lives, who have experienced everything that the world has to offer and braved the greatest of challenges. It even seems as though the Schism has more difficulty in snapping such souls free from their current host." - The Divine Delusion

Yes he was one of the leaders of Teragard

Suddenly I'm a lot more interested in the Endgame.
Mr. Blue Man owes us some answers.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

26-Sep-2016 17:44:19

Quick find code: 341-342-197-65836446Back to Top