Wahisietelsaid: Just to be contrary, the answer is yes.
But this is only if you count The Memory in Player-owned ports. He shall live on within our hearts. And a certain skill called divination is his legacyNO
I do not ship ZamorakxZaros.
I follow them. And Marimbo, the best t5 god.
Aeldarisaid: Jexel Lsaid: He's definitely dead, and that's the way it should be. What makes you say this?Let's look at the reasoning from various gods for examples.
1. No one should have that much power (Guthix's reasoning).
2. His death enabled those more willing to actually DO SOMETHING and shape the future return to Gielinor (Saradomin and Zamorak's reasoning, and I'm partial to it).
3. The world got a lot more entertaining (Sliske's reasoning, maybe Bandos too).
4. I blame everything on Sliske. Guthix's death was a shame. Totally not my plan. Nope, no how. (Zaros' reasoning).
5. I really want to see Armadyl (or insert god here for another character) again... (Kree'arra's reasoning).
There are plenty of reasons people might want Guthix dead, and many of them are (arguably) good ones. From Guthix's own viewpoint it was better that he die, and pass the mantle to mortals, than survive by becoming the very thing he hated (a meddling, controlling deity). He could have wiped out Sliske and the other invading forces in a heartbeat, heck back at the end of the 3rd age he probably could have obliterated the other gods, but that's not the person he was.
- Last edited on 25-Apr-2017 00:00:05 by Rifleavenger
Aeldarisaid: Jexel Lsaid: He's definitely dead, and that's the way it should be. What makes you say this? because Jex wouldn't be able to sit infront of Saradomin at Falador and do the blow kiss and bow emotes at him all day if Guthix was still alive.A
must learn to find
Only then can they
themselves and forge their own
- Last edited on 27-Apr-2017 19:13:32 by Sepulchre
Guthix is dead, he wanted to die and is dead period. Yes Guthix had the ability to leave his body and become a being of essence that Zaros was. Guthix didn't want that, he wanted to die and allowed it after out first encounter with him. (spoilers) The light within, even if we warn him, he states he accepts it gladly, despite in his further memory he starts denying it like crazy, and questioning how we had the device to travel to him.
Guthix is dead, and there is no way that he can come back to life, and it should remain that way. As a guardian of Guthix, appointed as Guardian of the world, we are tasked to protect Gielinor from the gods or shape it as we see it. I choice to uphold his goal and defend it from the gods and make Gieinor free from the gods again. Which is why the Godless faction exists. Although everyone has different views and opinions, Guthix is dead, we need to accept that, and either continue his wish of no gods on Gielinor, or do the opposite.
the World Guardian
of the Godless
The Figurehead, Face and Representative of W42.
- Last edited on 28-Apr-2017 01:28:59 by Adventurerrr