Forums

So how long is that?

Quick find code: 341-342-396-65790759

of 3
Solanumtinkr
Jul Member 2009

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,231Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you talk to the shopkeeper for todays robber from the darkness - part 3, he will tell you mid rant that the shop has been there since the very early days of Varrock.

So how long has the general store been in varrock?
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

12-May-2016 17:50:21 - Last edited on 12-May-2016 18:12:58 by Solanumtinkr

sir eos lee

sir eos lee

Posts: 11,942Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
probably implying that the shop has been around ever since the actual city itself has been around. so incarnations of the general store have been around for generations.

it's not too uncommon for a shop or business to pass down from generation to generation (how often irl do we have major corporations that were found 100 years ago, and still being led by the great great grandchild of the founder.)

it's how some names like Smith (blacksmiths), Fletcher, and others became so ingrained to showing what role a family had in the village.

12-May-2016 18:16:46

Autumn Elite

Autumn Elite

Posts: 3,464Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well Varrock was established in the early fourth age, year 400 according to the wikia, so 1600 years of the fourth age plus the 169 years of the fifth age and the first year of the sixth age means it has been around for roughly 1800 years. Wake me up when Osborne resigns | Will not be renewing membership until Jagex deals with its toxic developer culture & has a new, better lead designer | *Soon TM” is not a fun joke, it is an admission the company is an embarrassment

12-May-2016 20:06:14

AesirWarrior
Nov Member 2017

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,051Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Autumn Elite said:
Well Varrock was established in the early fourth age, year 400 according to the wikia, so 1600 years of the fourth age plus the 169 years of the fifth age and the first year of the sixth age means it has been around for roughly 1800 years.


Which wiki (And is there a source?)? Because the Museum places Arrav's time (and therefore the foundation of Avarrocka) around 700-800. While the Museum is wrong on a lot of stuff it's fairly accurate with the 4th/5th age and I'm more inclined to believe an in-game source.
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

12-May-2016 21:56:42 - Last edited on 12-May-2016 22:00:30 by AesirWarrior

Ancient Drew
Nov Member 2018

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,731Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's probably more likely that the current shop had been around since the town became known as Varrock, and it might have been a house when it was Avarrocka. From what I hear, there were a lot of administrative centres and offices in Senntisten, including an insane asylum around Silvarea. Some places such as the museum and the banks may have been around in the Zarosian Empire, being run by Chthonians who would have amassed great intelligence and written abilities through their contracts.

The building itself is unlikely to have been around for that long, but the site may have been used for something else such as an office or small storage area.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

12-May-2016 22:10:12

Kittyphantom
Jul Member 2008

Kittyphantom

Posts: 12,382Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said:
Autumn Elite said:
Well Varrock was established in the early fourth age, year 400 according to the wikia, so 1600 years of the fourth age plus the 169 years of the fifth age and the first year of the sixth age means it has been around for roughly 1800 years.


Which wiki (And is there a source?)? Because the Museum places Arrav's time (and therefore the foundation of Avarrocka) around 700-800. While the Museum is wrong on a lot of stuff it's fairly accurate with the 4th/5th age and I'm more inclined to believe an in-game source.


Was about to say exactly the same thing. Good to see someone beat me to it. I'm assuming he means the Wikia fansite, which is frankly terrible with lore - Or at least, used to be. They've made significant improvements the past few years, I think at least partly due to some lore-interested friends of mine (I myself have played my own small role in this process) - but I would still really advise against trusting the Wikia for lore.

Ancient Drew said:
It's probably more likely that the current shop had been around since the town became known as Varrock, and it might have been a house when it was Avarrocka. From what I hear, there were a lot of administrative centres and offices in Senntisten, including an insane asylum around Silvarea. Some places such as the museum and the banks may have been around in the Zarosian Empire, being run by Chthonians who would have amassed great intelligence and written abilities through their contracts.

The building itself is unlikely to have been around for that long, but the site may have been used for something else such as an office or small storage area.


Isn't Senntisten the dig site area? Do we have a source on it extending that far west?
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you[...]For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?

13-May-2016 00:09:39 - Last edited on 13-May-2016 00:10:49 by Kittyphantom

Quick find code: 341-342-396-65790759Back to Top