Forums

RuneFest Lore [Spoilers, Duh]

Quick find code: 341-342-604-65952054

of 13
NachtWeaver
Oct Member 2018

NachtWeaver

Posts: 281Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CD_Paladin_C said:
Love how they're still pushing this Bandosian stuff when they essentially cut the head off that storyline.


A leader will rise up and take his place. Bandos created the groundwork for a subservient army, with a system to transfer power.
TFW You can't decide between support Zamorak or Zaros.

01-Oct-2017 08:43:27

Elf of Seren
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Elf of Seren

Posts: 3,309Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NachtWeaver said:
CD_Paladin_C said:
Love how they're still pushing this Bandosian stuff when they essentially cut the head off that storyline.


A leader will rise up and take his place. Bandos created the groundwork for a subservient army, with a system to transfer power.


It's gonna be Zarador in a couple years. I have headcanon in place for the deaths of all the current gods and their replacements.
The RS Wiki will post your IP Address online

01-Oct-2017 15:06:49

Rondstat

Rondstat

Posts: 2,770Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Elf of Seren said:
NachtWeaver said:
CD_Paladin_C said:
Love how they're still pushing this Bandosian stuff when they essentially cut the head off that storyline.


A leader will rise up and take his place. Bandos created the groundwork for a subservient army, with a system to transfer power.


It's gonna be Zarador in a couple years. I have headcanon in place for the deaths of all the current gods and their replacements.



Oh man. How cool would it have been instead of lopping Bandos' head off while he literally drummed his fingers and gawped like a lungfish, they carried him over to TMF and had Zarador mercy kill him. I think Zarador could have made a pretty neato god.

I'm actually pleased that there was a whole Bandos section. I think it was one of the factions that had the most potential for the 6th age (especially with the original, 'new god wars' vision of it) and I'd love to see 'em have a little more relevance. Plus, Yu'biusk is probably my favourite environment of any of the new worlds.

Something I remember catching my attention - for some reason I remember reading that fayrgs were a magical race, made by crossbreeding with fairies, but perhaps I'm making this up. Does anyone else remember seeing anything like this in the past?

03-Oct-2017 11:41:14

Elf of Seren
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Elf of Seren

Posts: 3,309Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rondstat said:

Something I remember catching my attention - for some reason I remember reading that fayrgs were a magical race, made by crossbreeding with fairies, but perhaps I'm making this up. Does anyone else remember seeing anything like this in the past?


This sounds familiar, but I guess it's been retconned.
The RS Wiki will post your IP Address online

03-Oct-2017 13:45:56

Elf of Seren
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Elf of Seren

Posts: 3,309Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DementedGaz said:
is there a video etc where u can actually see/read all this?


It was on youtube, but it's unlisted now for some reason...

https://www.youtube.com/user/runescape/videos?disable_polymer=1
The RS Wiki will post your IP Address online

05-Oct-2017 13:39:05

A Mighty
Dec Member 2018

A Mighty

Posts: 2,224Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now the real question is, how long will it be until we set foot on all these worlds??
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

05-Oct-2017 23:47:19

Gamez X
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Gamez X

Posts: 876Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So i've been working on a few other things but i came back to this to add a few more details to the preliminary layout design. So first off lets bring up the previous version i had using just the details we KNOW are ingame:

Now i'm happy to go ahead and use this but like i said before it still has some issues with too many bik planets and abbinah still being a bit iffy. We know the rune hierarchy and have very minor mentions of other planets in rs so from that we can predict and theorise what should be there to fill in the gaps. With that i've now got this:

Rune symbols have been added to each planet to show its affinity including temp symbols for ice and shadow (since we dont have official ones)

The 4 planets mentioned by armadyl in sliskes endgame have been added in logical locations based on the planets elements and rune "tier"

Hostilus rift expanded on to be more of a rip in space and includes the runespan levels in its outer edges

Given jagex still seem to hint "plane" is like a bubble of reality instead of just a solar system, it almost makes it necessary for abbinah to be in the same plane as kethsi otherwise "nearby" wouldnt mean much. So i suggest upgrading it from smoke to chaos as its literally described as a chaotic planet, also makes these 2 have the same tier rune. This also clears up the lingering confusion of there being 2 smoke planets if we just avoid it. Again this is all just a suggestion but it seems to be needed to make the logic work

Following from above, ful is still very lacking in planets. So since chaos is ful based it suggests ful merged paths with jas early on. Unless we get a new blood planet to fill in the missing segment above muspell (again bringing the problem of rune doubles) this just seems to be the logical solution

For now mazcab is given the "elemental rune" (all elements but not mixed fully) and gilenor the life rune cus it makes the best anima (life energy)

07-Oct-2017 03:17:54

Quick find code: 341-342-604-65952054Back to Top