Forums

Elders Gods can be killed?

Quick find code: 341-342-700-65853421

Renzler
Aug Member 2013

Renzler

Posts: 593Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No elaborate thread here I just thought I remembered reading the Elder Gids couldn't be killed wasn't this also confirmed by A Jag Mod? Yet Seren was able to kill Mah in CoM. Someone please advise lol WE1- Aligned/
Saradomin
(W)
WE2- Aligned/
Armadyl
(W)
WE3 -Aligned/
Godless
(W)

22-Nov-2016 14:13:55

Talonstalker
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Talonstalker

Posts: 3,023Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Probably because Mah was sooooooo weak, she could be killed just like that. Or maybe Mah allowed her self to be killed by Seren.

If not, it's no suprise that Jmods say something, and then poof it happens while they said it can't happen.
"If you believe you can distance yourself from the harm you cause, you're deluding yourself. You're not some mindless tool. You're accountable. Your actions will catch up with you eventually." -Jedi Master Jun Seros; Swtor Bounty Hunter storyline.

22-Nov-2016 14:32:36

Kirsakatsuki
Feb Member 2006

Kirsakatsuki

Posts: 5,386Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm pretty sure that Jagex has always been consistent in their policy that the game takes precedence, so if they say anything in outside sources such as the books or a Q&A, anything the game does that contradicts that becomes canon. Their statement that Elder Gods cannot be killed has always been subject to change, and has never been backed up by any source of canon.

Plus, it's very heavily implied that Wen was directly responsible for corrupting Mah's core, so it could be that the only way to make it possible to kill an Elder God is through another Elder God's power.

22-Nov-2016 16:35:21

Lord Bhaal
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Lord Bhaal

Posts: 5,825Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Renzler said:
No elaborate thread here I just thought I remembered reading the Elder Gids couldn't be killed wasn't this also confirmed by A Jag Mod? Yet Seren was able to kill Mah in CoM. Someone please advise lol


Mah has been crippled by other elder God's influence.
This might very well be the reason it was possible to kill her.

Perhaps elder god's can be killed by other elder gods.
Though the reason for elder gods cripling one of their own is a mystery thus far.
Strength through Chaos!
Zamorak's most loyal assassin.

22-Nov-2016 17:26:11

Voraiya

Voraiya

Posts: 448Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is few lessons to learn here.

Zaros is that guy who is willing to hurt/kill his own at his disposal to gain his own needs while he manipulate others into thinking that it is for a good cost and cause. Zammy had a good point without them Zaros empire would of never survive that long.

Zaros is those type of guys who leaves his mother at the age of 18 without telling. Don't care to contact her or visit her nor give a fuck what's going on with her. When he does visit he comes to town. He comes quietly, doesn't tell anybody, do what he needs to get done, and leave. Whenever he need of financial issues or some sort of big problem that's when he knows that,"I have a mother. I can ask her or use her."

22-Nov-2016 19:11:12

Lethalintent
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Lethalintent

Posts: 7,342Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not surprised Mah died, a lot of us expected it.

Seren tried to blame Zaros, naturally. She dealt the killing blow, she taught the rituals causing the back and fourth power struggle and the eventual ritual that led to her being bled dry, But no. This is clearly the work of Zaros.

It's a shame really. I do like Seren, but screaming won't solve anything. Didn't her mother teach her that?
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

22-Nov-2016 19:14:32

Hguoh
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,428Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Voraiya said:
There is few lessons to learn here.

Zaros is that guy who is willing to hurt/kill his own at his disposal to gain his own needs while he manipulate others into thinking that it is for a good cost and cause. Zammy had a good point without them Zaros empire would of never survive that long.


Yes. But as we already knew, Zaros was going to give control of the empire over to Azzanadra and Zamorak at this point. Zammy's betrayal put a real kink in that plan.

Voraiya said:
Zaros is those type of guys who leaves his mother at the age of 18 without telling. Don't care to contact her or visit her nor give a fuck what's going on with her. When he does visit he comes to town. He comes quietly, doesn't tell anybody, do what he needs to get done, and leave. Whenever he need of financial issues or some sort of big problem that's when he knows that,"I have a mother. I can ask her or use her."


Only if you mean to say that said mother is overbearing to the point of abuse. And let's not forget that the reason he came back into town quietly was because his mum was trying to consume him, his twin sister, and all of his younger siblings. That's totally not important at all.

22-Nov-2016 19:37:22

Kirsakatsuki
Feb Member 2006

Kirsakatsuki

Posts: 5,386Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lethalintent said:
I'm not surprised Mah died, a lot of us expected it.

Seren tried to blame Zaros, naturally. She dealt the killing blow, she taught the rituals causing the back and fourth power struggle and the eventual ritual that led to her being bled dry, But no. This is clearly the work of Zaros.

It's a shame really. I do like Seren, but screaming won't solve anything. Didn't her mother teach her that?


Seren's biggest flaw is that she talks like she genuinely does feel ashamed of what she did, but she blames other people more often than own up to what she did. The Dark Lord inspired Lord Iorwerth and King Lathas to instigate civil wars? Oh, well, I kicked the dark shard, so Seren isn't going to claim any responsibility for what happened. It was all Haluned's fault.

That said, I do think there's someone Seren has every right to blame: Wen, for apparently corrupting Mah's core in the first place.

22-Nov-2016 20:46:12

Vardan

Vardan

Posts: 1,237Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I thought they said that they can be killed but it takes more than an Elder Artifact to do it, and Mah was already on the edge of death.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

23-Nov-2016 03:45:38

ZAmorakZaros
Apr Gold Premier Club Member 2013

ZAmorakZaros

Posts: 7,545Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Bhaal said:
Renzler said:
No elaborate thread here I just thought I remembered reading the Elder Gids couldn't be killed wasn't this also confirmed by A Jag Mod? Yet Seren was able to kill Mah in CoM. Someone please advise lol


Mah has been crippled by other elder God's influence.
This might very well be the reason it was possible to kill her.

Perhaps elder god's can be killed by other elder gods.
Though the reason for elder gods cripling one of their own is a mystery thus far.

Wen could be a great ally... or a common enemy...

The strong survive, so why not make everyone else weaker than you? People have been theorizing about wen weakening other elders before...
NO
I do not ship ZamorakxZaros.
I follow them. And Marimbo, the best t5 god.

23-Nov-2016 12:03:59

Quick find code: 341-342-700-65853421Back to Top