Forums

what tier Zamorak now?

Quick find code: 341-342-842-65853392

of 5
Lethalintent
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Lethalintent

Posts: 7,342Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's a bit iffy.

Zaros firmly put him in his place, then Zamorak appears to sacrifice even more power to the Mahjarrat, but then the ritual happens and everyone present has been empowered?

There's a stream later on today, I'm sure it'll come up there.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

22-Nov-2016 11:53:03

Lord Bhaal
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Lord Bhaal

Posts: 5,825Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Masterhades3 said:
is he back to being tier 5 again? need confirmation.


I'm sure nothing happened to his power in the end.
Would be quite bad for him to lose power because Zaros was using underhanded tactics such as attacking Zamorak's son.
Then again, Zaros is certainly bringing himself up to be the main antagonist.
Strength through Chaos!
Zamorak's most loyal assassin.

22-Nov-2016 13:17:01

Lethalintent
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Lethalintent

Posts: 7,342Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Bhaal said:
Masterhades3 said:
is he back to being tier 5 again? need confirmation.


I'm sure nothing happened to his power in the end.
Would be quite bad for him to lose power because Zaros was using underhanded tactics such as attacking Zamorak's son.
Then again, Zaros is certainly bringing himself up to be the main antagonist.


Nope, Zaros wasn't going to attack Khazard, he was going to demonstrate the ritual, which, I hope you've paid attention to notice, worked.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

22-Nov-2016 13:40:31

Marakdon

Marakdon

Posts: 55Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well Zaros says: "We will conduct one final ritual. When it is complete every one of you will have increased in power and the drawn on your energy will be gone." Zamorak was there so it must mean him as well. Not sure if its enough to move a tier though or if the fight against Zaros weakened Zamorak and he just gained back the power he lost, but I think it is safe to say he isn't any weaker. Through
CHAOS
, I gain strength.

22-Nov-2016 16:16:24

Kemtros
Feb Member 2006

Kemtros

Posts: 5,384Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All the power Zamorak gained during Dishonour Among Thieves seemed to have been used up stabilizing the Mahjarrat, but like Lethal said, everyone got empowered. So I think Zamorak is back to roughly where he was just before the Battle of Lumbridge.

22-Nov-2016 16:19:54 - Last edited on 22-Nov-2016 16:20:53 by Kemtros

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,701Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Given that he just drained the equivelant of several thousand Zaros/Seren, you'd think he'd be Tier 2, but somehow I doubt it.

Lethalintent said:
Nope, Zaros wasn't going to attack Khazard, he was going to demonstrate the ritual, which, I hope you've paid attention to notice, worked.


I have no doubt that Zaros was planning to drain all the Mahjarrat (and Mah) until Zamorak forced his hand. That is the only reason for Zamorak to make the deal in the first place, and given their history I'd say he knows Zaros better than anyone, except arguably Seren...but for all we know, she and Zaros only knew each other for a couple of decades before splitting up, while Zamorak was Zaros' closest (and personal) for thousands of years.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

22-Nov-2016 16:53:06 - Last edited on 22-Nov-2016 16:53:26 by Hazeel

Lord Bhaal
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Lord Bhaal

Posts: 5,825Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said:
Given that he just drained the equivelant of several thousand Zaros/Seren, you'd think he'd be Tier 2, but somehow I doubt it.

Lethalintent said:
Nope, Zaros wasn't going to attack Khazard, he was going to demonstrate the ritual, which, I hope you've paid attention to notice, worked.


I have no doubt that Zaros was planning to drain all the Mahjarrat (and Mah) until Zamorak forced his hand. That is the only reason for Zamorak to make the deal in the first place, and given their history I'd say he knows Zaros better than anyone, except arguably Seren...but for all we know, she and Zaros only knew each other for a couple of decades before splitting up, while Zamorak was Zaros' closest (and personal) for thousands of years.


Zaros the deciever, the lord of empty promises.
Zamorak forced his hand indeed, nothing what Zaros says can be trusted.

The only reason the deciever went with his second option is because even then, he'd gain something out of it.
Considering Zaros is t2, albeit with a dieing body, makes him a bigger threat than Saradomin so far.

Attacking Zamorak's son was a truly underhanded tactic, befitting Zaros' title, the deciever.
Strength through Chaos!
Zamorak's most loyal assassin.

22-Nov-2016 17:22:36

Hguoh
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,424Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said:
Given that he just drained the equivelant of several thousand Zaros/Seren, you'd think he'd be Tier 2, but somehow I doubt it.

Lethalintent said:
Nope, Zaros wasn't going to attack Khazard, he was going to demonstrate the ritual, which, I hope you've paid attention to notice, worked.


I have no doubt that Zaros was planning to drain all the Mahjarrat (and Mah) until Zamorak forced his hand. That is the only reason for Zamorak to make the deal in the first place, and given their history I'd say he knows Zaros better than anyone, except arguably Seren...but for all we know, she and Zaros only knew each other for a couple of decades before splitting up, while Zamorak was Zaros' closest (and personal) for thousands of years.


He needed the Mahjarrat to work with him in order to tear Mah's power away from her (Seren explained this to you). He couldn't pull Mah's power away on his own, let alone simultaneously doing the same to the Mahjarrat.

And seriously? You think he was going to spontaneously drain Khazard for all the Mahjarrat to see while already in combat with Zamorak? That really doesn't fit his whole 'puts self preservation above all else' MO, don't you think?

22-Nov-2016 18:58:53

Quick find code: 341-342-842-65853392Back to Top