Forums

Here is new lore on Aviansies

Quick find code: 341-342-859-65932634

of 2
Swolllliosis

Swolllliosis

Posts: 161Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Courtesy of Mod Raven

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=xdM-WFUlkKI/forums.ws?16,17,334,65378547,goto,201

If the link doesn't work, click here and go to page 201.


Tl;dr from what I understand, some aviansies get magic from spirits than from runes.

Discuss.
Owner of the first 6th age church of Tumeken
| Twitter: @RSTemekel

19-Jul-2017 00:35:19

Naval Pupper
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Naval Pupper

Posts: 1,173Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Swolllliosis said:
Tl;dr from what I understand, some aviansies get magic from spirits than from runes.

That's-- Not what I got from that at all XD
I mean, I wouldn't doubt that they probably DO use spirit-based magic - we do that with summoning and prayer - I don't think it serves as some replacement for magic in their society. Not every race had/has access to full-scale magic, yanno? Aviantese never really struck me as a super magically-inclined race.
Mods pls notice me

19-Jul-2017 05:42:23 - Last edited on 19-Jul-2017 05:48:12 by Naval Pupper

Elf of Seren
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Elf of Seren

Posts: 3,309Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Naval Pupper said:
Not every race had/has access to full-scale magic, yanno? Aviantese never really struck me as a super magically-inclined race.


Maybe not, but they do have an entire section of their army devoted to war magicks, so I'd say that they have as much as at least the gnomes. Just because we don't see it constantly doesn't mean it's not there.
The RS Wiki will post your IP Address online

19-Jul-2017 14:25:20

Naval Pupper
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Naval Pupper

Posts: 1,173Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Elf of Seren said:
Naval Pupper said:
Not every race had/has access to full-scale magic, yanno? Aviantese never really struck me as a super magically-inclined race.


Maybe not, but they do have an entire section of their army devoted to war magicks, so I'd say that they have as much as at least the gnomes. Just because we don't see it constantly doesn't mean it's not there.


None of the aviansie in the GWD use magic - only melee and ranged, according to the wiki. Well, besides one of Kree's bodyguards.
Mods pls notice me

19-Jul-2017 17:21:38

CD_Paladin_C
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2009

CD_Paladin_C

Posts: 3,942Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reposting it here since OP wanted to make it a treasure hunt.

Original message details are unavailable.
Disclaimer: This lore is subject to change as it has not yet made it into the game. We reserve the right to alter the lore below based on the needs of the story/game.


An aviansie spirit priest is known as an Bo'udgan, or shaman. Each of them is trained to listen to one of the five types of spirit and they are trained to interpret the needs of those spirits as well as to petition them for aid should the people require it. The Bo'udgan do not live separately from aviansie society, but rather they live among them. They perform normal jobs as well as perform their spiritual service, it is an additional responsibility, rather than a complete vocation. E.g a bo'udgan that works as a hunter, will hunt as much as a normal hunter, but will listen/talk to the spirits as they do so. Spirits are respected, not worshipped.

The five spirit types correspond to an aspect of life/balance within the world and within aviansie society.

Water spirits are the spirits of beginnings. They are the spirits of creating and sustaining life. They encompass aspects of fertility deities as well as traditional water roles.

Earth spirits are the spirits of sustained growth and survival. They are the stoic tree spirits standing against the storm and they are the spirits that keep buildings standing. They offer gifts of good health and stability.

Light spirits are the spirits of knowledge. They reveal the secrets of the universe to those with the patience to look. They promote education and the betterment of self for the benefit of others.

Fire spirits are the spirits of passion and emotion. They are the song in the throat of a musician and the rage on the field of battle. Fire burns, but it also illuminates. Spirits of light and fire are often linked.
"Your god's dead next time he's in a world event. "
-The Lore Community to our Saradominist Friends, Said During World Event 2, Proven During World Event 3.
#StopSaradomin

19-Jul-2017 17:49:26

CD_Paladin_C
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2009

CD_Paladin_C

Posts: 3,942Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Storm spirits are the driving force behind the world. They are the inspiring words from great leaders. They are the winds beneath the wings of an aviansie carrying them to new places.

It is the responsibility of the bo'udgan to maintain dialogue with the spirits. To tend their shrines and protect their sacred places. In exchange the bo'urdgan are believed to possess spirit like powers.
"Your god's dead next time he's in a world event. "
-The Lore Community to our Saradominist Friends, Said During World Event 2, Proven During World Event 3.
#StopSaradomin

19-Jul-2017 17:49:43

Elf of Seren
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Elf of Seren

Posts: 3,309Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Naval Pupper said:
Elf of Seren said:
Naval Pupper said:
Not every race had/has access to full-scale magic, yanno? Aviantese never really struck me as a super magically-inclined race.


Maybe not, but they do have an entire section of their army devoted to war magicks, so I'd say that they have as much as at least the gnomes. Just because we don't see it constantly doesn't mean it's not there.


None of the aviansie in the GWD use magic - only melee and ranged, according to the wiki. Well, besides one of Kree's bodyguards.


Let's pretend that one of Armadyl's Generals during Bird and the Beast wasn't the leader of a contingent of mages.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Armadylean_head_warmage

Let's also pretend that there were no mages during the Bird and the Beast, even tho they were 1/5 of the bodyguard population.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Armadylean_bodyguard#Aviansie mage

Let's also pretend that there are no Avainsie Spiritual Mages in GWD.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Spiritual_mage#Armadyl

~~~~

^ Ty Paladin. Idk why they didn't just do that in the first place.
The RS Wiki will post your IP Address online

19-Jul-2017 21:45:24 - Last edited on 19-Jul-2017 21:46:29 by Elf of Seren

DementedGaz
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2013

DementedGaz

Posts: 156Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Elf of Seren said:
Naval Pupper said:
Elf of Seren said:
Naval Pupper said:
Not every race had/has access to full-scale magic, yanno? Aviantese never really struck me as a super magically-inclined race.


Maybe not, but they do have an entire section of their army devoted to war magicks, so I'd say that they have as much as at least the gnomes. Just because we don't see it constantly doesn't mean it's not there.


None of the aviansie in the GWD use magic - only melee and ranged, according to the wiki. Well, besides one of Kree's bodyguards.


Let's pretend that one of Armadyl's Generals during Bird and the Beast wasn't the leader of a contingent of mages.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Armadylean_head_warmage

Let's also pretend that there were no mages during the Bird and the Beast, even tho they were 1/5 of the bodyguard population.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Armadylean_bodyguard#Aviansie mage

Let's also pretend that there are no Avainsie Spiritual Mages in GWD.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Spiritual_mage#Armadyl

~~~~

^ Ty Paladin. Idk why they didn't just do that in the first place.


lol no offense but are you just unable to read english? he said in GWD not the Bird and the beast so that whole thing was pointless, not to mention the spiritual mages in the GWD arent avainsie so that whole part was pointless as well, heck even in the bird and the beast event werent all the mages there human anyway?

in short u attacked him over stuff that 1. he didnt say and 2. that doesnt even fit with what he said.

21-Jul-2017 08:00:17

Quick find code: 341-342-859-65932634Back to Top