Forums

Stop the cosmetic promos.

Quick find code: 366-367-862-65960949

of 3
Merlinz Heir

Merlinz Heir

Posts: 2,154Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I used to like rs before there was any obnoxious gambling mtx. Better this than completely devaluing all sense of achievement and prestige with buyable xp.
"Rabble Rabble Rabble" - Rabble-rouser

26-Oct-2017 03:08:55

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,532Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Merlinz Heir said:
I used to like rs before there was any obnoxious gambling mtx. Better this than completely devaluing all sense of achievement and prestige with buyable xp.

This would be better if exp selling had never taken place, but it did. (Besides knowing Jagex, they'll be back to selling exp next week.) Remove TH altogether and focus on Solomon's store, even if the exp selling continues it'd be better that way, because at least then it won't be gambling.
The Runescape Witcher
|| "There's the truth of time and the truth of legend..."

26-Oct-2017 05:57:50

Thunder Jinx
Feb Member 2010

Thunder Jinx

Posts: 13,474Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blackwing said:
Merlinz Heir said:
I used to like rs before there was any obnoxious gambling mtx. Better this than completely devaluing all sense of achievement and prestige with buyable xp.

This would be better if exp selling had never taken place, but it did. (Besides knowing Jagex, they'll be back to selling exp next week.) Remove TH altogether and focus on Solomon's store, even if the exp selling continues it'd be better that way, because at least then it won't be gambling.

They promised to not sell exp at least for the rest of the year. I might be a stupid optimist, but that goal is so low that I think they just might manage to pull it off.
Darkness rises when silence dies.

Save time and money
join
Fast Sc
friends chat for BXP across many skills!

26-Oct-2017 10:08:01

Im Cupid
Jul Member 2018

Im Cupid

Posts: 10Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cosmetics are much better than exp items in my opinions, and if you haven't already seen, there has been a lot of complain about the pay to win system. Jagex are on the right track!

26-Oct-2017 11:05:22

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,532Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thunder Jinx said:
Blackwing said:
Merlinz Heir said:
I used to like rs before there was any obnoxious gambling mtx. Better this than completely devaluing all sense of achievement and prestige with buyable xp.

This would be better if exp selling had never taken place, but it did. (Besides knowing Jagex, they'll be back to selling exp next week.) Remove TH altogether and focus on Solomon's store, even if the exp selling continues it'd be better that way, because at least then it won't be gambling.

They promised to not sell exp at least for the rest of the year. I might be a stupid optimist, but that goal is so low that I think they just might manage to pull it off.

They promised to stop 2CT promos for the rest of the year and to never return the prize pool promo, everything else was more or less vague. They talked about wanting to focus more on cosmetics and "conveniences" over simply selling exp, yes, but sadly it still means they can (and probably will) do exp selling promos, even during this year; they'll simply be 6 days long as usual.
The Runescape Witcher
|| "There's the truth of time and the truth of legend..."

26-Oct-2017 11:24:42 - Last edited on 26-Oct-2017 11:26:39 by Blackwing

GPHawk
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2010

GPHawk

Posts: 721Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to see more cosmetics go to Soloman's. At least there you know upfront what the exact cost will be and not have to gamble on getting a cosmetic you want vs stars you don't.

26-Oct-2017 13:33:32

Quick find code: 366-367-862-65960949Back to Top