Forums

July 1st updateThread is locked

Quick find code: 15-16-741-66108429

of 2
Ohrty
Sep Member 2011

Ohrty

Posts: 648Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I’m surprised you Brit’s gave a shit about the day we kicked your ass! My account was made in Feb of '05

01-Jul-2019 12:19:45 - Last edited on 01-Jul-2019 12:20:16 by Ohrty

Daibhi
Sep Member 2017

Daibhi

Posts: 1,101Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Outside of RS, it's not even acknowledged in the UK from what I can tell anyway (I'm from Northern Ireland). It's one of a few events that don't make sense for this game, and I'm convinced it only became a thing when Jagex was owned by Americans at one point until the company was sold again, but it is what it is.

01-Jul-2019 13:11:25

Mr Rey Ray
May Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Mr Rey Ray

Posts: 5,945Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Daibhi said:
Outside of RS, it's not even acknowledged in the UK from what I can tell anyway (I'm from Northern Ireland). It's one of a few events that don't make sense for this game, and I'm convinced it only became a thing when Jagex was owned by Americans at one point until the company was sold again, but it is what it is.


Ahem, we eat chicken, chips to celebrate independence day, please don't make assumptions.
| Leader of IVY Click here for Account Help | An International Pvm/ Skilling Clan |
Guest in our Clan Chat for an Invite

01-Jul-2019 13:14:12

Daibhi
Sep Member 2017

Daibhi

Posts: 1,101Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Rey Ray said:
Daibhi said:
Outside of RS, it's not even acknowledged in the UK from what I can tell anyway (I'm from Northern Ireland). It's one of a few events that don't make sense for this game, and I'm convinced it only became a thing when Jagex was owned by Americans at one point until the company was sold again, but it is what it is.


Ahem, we eat chicken, chips to celebrate independence day, please don't make assumptions.


Don't really see the connection if I'm honest but yeah fair play - that's why I left the "from what I can tell anyway" as I don't know for absolute certain (still seems like it's not really a big deal based on what you've said).

01-Jul-2019 13:24:29

Vaseth
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Vaseth

Posts: 11,845Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ohrty said:
I’m surprised you Brit’s gave a shit about the day we kicked your ass!


Not sure you understand how civil wars work so I'll explain it to ya

The British colonists fought the British non colonists and the British colonists won due to logistical reasons i.e. supply chains, as crossing the Atlantic took a while back then

But either way, both sides were British, so yes the British lost, but the British also won, it's just that the British who won started calling themselves American, but they were, and still are British colonists lol

I know you British colonists that called your selves Americans now hate to see it that way but it's still true

01-Jul-2019 13:33:52 - Last edited on 01-Jul-2019 13:35:21 by Vaseth

Ohrty
Sep Member 2011

Ohrty

Posts: 648Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
.

I’m big into (joking, sarcastic) debates but I don’t want to come across as insulting, asshole.
My account was made in Feb of '05

01-Jul-2019 14:30:13 - Last edited on 01-Jul-2019 14:57:05 by Ohrty

Daibhi
Sep Member 2017

Daibhi

Posts: 1,101Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ohrty said:
.

I’m big into (joking, sarcastic) debates but I don’t want to come across as insulting, asshole.


Technically speaking he is correct though and it can't be argued as the origins of the original "Americans" are colonists from either the UK and/or mainland Europe until they did, as they said, decided to call themselves Americans (genuinely intrigued as to why that happened, if I'm completely honest - the whole American English/English thing is frustrating as well haha); so they could either be considered British or European.

But yeah, that's why you don't open this shit can haha.

01-Jul-2019 15:15:42

The contents of this message have been hidden

01-Jul-2019 20:26:02

Quick find code: 15-16-741-66108429Back to Top