Forums

rename "group ironmen"

Quick find code: 322-323-773-66124234

of 4
cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The term group ironmen is an oxymoron, two things that contradict each other. An ironman is a stand alone, do it yourself account, and a group is anything but standalone. It certainly isn't a do it yourself account if it can get help from others. IF you can trade, you aren't doing it all yourself.

I had suggested tinman but perhaps bronze would have been better. Bronze is an alloy of two weak metals to make a much stronger one. Perhaps there are other names for it, but I do not believe it should be group ironman.

What other names and how would they be restricted.

The thread I used to suggest tin was locked because it was thought to be a troll. I am not trolling, I seriously believe the name is wrong.
Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

07-Oct-2019 20:34:58 - Last edited on 07-Oct-2019 20:38:07 by cooke fletch

irl pker dib

irl pker dib

Posts: 928Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No. An ironman is someone who stands alone. A group ironman is a group that stands alone. It's called teamwork and the group is doing it all by themself. The group is therefore standing alone. If slayer is a skill, then I guess these slayer drop tables catered to skillers by pumping out so many resources. :)

07-Oct-2019 23:57:25

irl pker dib

irl pker dib

Posts: 928Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cooke fletch said:
An army does not stand alone. A single person stands alone.


This isn't an army. However, ever notice how the noun "army" is in singular form?
If slayer is a skill, then I guess these slayer drop tables catered to skillers by pumping out so many resources. :)

08-Oct-2019 00:06:24

irl pker dib

irl pker dib

Posts: 928Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cooke fletch said:
Its the same point. No group is a person standing alone.


Yes, it is. It's singular form for a reason. L2grammar nubnub.
If slayer is a skill, then I guess these slayer drop tables catered to skillers by pumping out so many resources. :)

08-Oct-2019 00:26:39

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,121Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
irl pker dib said:
cooke fletch said:
Its the same point. No group is a person standing alone.


Yes, it is. It's singular form for a reason. L2grammar nubnub.


irl pker dib said:
No. An ironman is someone who stands alone. A group ironman is a group that stands alone. It's called teamwork and the group is doing it
all by themself
. The group is therefore standing alone.


And you want to preach "grammar"? Pssh!
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

08-Oct-2019 02:06:05

cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ironmen are suppose to stand alone, not in a group.

There is no "themself". Its themselves, plural.
Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

08-Oct-2019 03:14:59 - Last edited on 08-Oct-2019 03:15:58 by cooke fletch

irl pker dib

irl pker dib

Posts: 928Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Angel2D4 said:
irl pker dib said:
cooke fletch said:
Its the same point. No group is a person standing alone.


Yes, it is. It's singular form for a reason. L2grammar nubnub.


irl pker dib said:
No. An ironman is someone who stands alone. A group ironman is a group that stands alone. It's called teamwork and the group is doing it
all by themself
. The group is therefore standing alone.


And you want to preach "grammar"? Pssh!


The group is singular. Try again. :)
If slayer is a skill, then I guess these slayer drop tables catered to skillers by pumping out so many resources. :)

08-Oct-2019 05:55:01

irl pker dib

irl pker dib

Posts: 928Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cooke fletch said:
Ironmen are suppose to stand alone, not in a group.

There is no "themself". Its themselves, plural.


Nope, group is singular. Nice try. Speaking of grammar, "a" is supposed to be "an" in your signature. Just an FYI dibby, I'm the actual last person you wanna go there with. No one can beat me at grammar.
If slayer is a skill, then I guess these slayer drop tables catered to skillers by pumping out so many resources. :)

08-Oct-2019 05:56:00

Quick find code: 322-323-773-66124234Back to Top