Forums

A Golden Time

Quick find code: 14-15-702-66082042

of 2
King Noob Iv
Jan Member 2017

King Noob Iv

Posts: 128Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't play OSRS but it's player count never ceases to impress. They're getting lots of updates, lots of polls and lots of players.

RS3 is also doing amazing. We are getting back-to-back huge updates. First we got the MS Rework, and on Feb 25th we will get Elite Dungeon 3: The Shadow Reef. This will be the first time we got ALL of the updates promised at any Runefest. Most of these updates came on schedule and were decently received!

This has been the best start to a year RS has had for a long time. With a big secret project due in the Summer and mobile later, there's no signs of the fun stopping anytime soon.

When was your favourite time playing RS?

08-Feb-2019 14:37:42

FiFi LaJolie
Dec Member 2015

FiFi LaJolie

Posts: 18,271Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Back in the early days when I was a not-quite-new but still nooblet. Maybe 2006'ish.

Everything was a revelation, amazing, entertaining. People played the game a bit and messed around a lot. Levels and xp were really not the be-all and end-all of logging in (for the majority of people anyway).

There was no TH, no wings or costumes, no huge flapping followers and having full Rune was a big deal.

People talked to each other ... everywhere, all the time. No Clan or Friends Chat back then (can't remember if there was Private chat in 2006).

Of course, things must change and move on. But I look back on those simple, early days with undeniable affection.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

08-Feb-2019 15:03:08

0join Emo

0join Emo

Posts: 382Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mine was 2005. I have always been a F2P player and I liked how F2P players actually had to walk to were they needed to go back in 2005 unless you had some teleportation runes. No home teleport. :)

P.S. I also liked how there was no bank at the top of Lumbridge because it forced you to have to walk to Draynor Bank if you needed to bank your items.

08-Feb-2019 15:24:08 - Last edited on 08-Feb-2019 15:30:59 by 0join Emo

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 2,918Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
0join Emo said:
P.S. I also liked how there was no bank at the top of Lumbridge because it forced you to have to walk to Draynor Bank if you needed to bank your items.


Woah! Such cruelty!
The RS Wiki needs a hand, and Bwian's will gladly take the rest of your body!
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

08-Feb-2019 18:54:51

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,153Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2011 to early 2012; the era when the game had the most amount of content while still maintaining good integrity, pretty good graphics, and when dungeoneering was still epic before EoC took all difficulty from it.

While Jagex has been on a better track now when it comes to keeping their Runefest promises, we shouldn't forget about the promises they have made in the past: bank rework, for example, whilst wasn't promised in Runefest 2018, was promised multiple times before, and thus is still very much late in delivery.

What Jagex really should do is stop promising new things before they've delivered the old promises first.
The Runescape Witcher
|| Arclight for demons | Ghrazi rapier for humans and monsters

08-Feb-2019 19:31:36

Molly Weazly
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,210Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think now is very good. I remember how laggy the game was and how click intensive most skills were. Now that my skill levels are higher I can enjoy most content.

I'm thankful for all the qol improvements. The latest being Regenerate can be toggled to start automatically. I was forever forgetting to click it. =p

08-Feb-2019 19:41:13

Bigmill037
Oct Member 2011

Bigmill037

Posts: 180Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaJolie said:
Back in the early days when I was a not-quite-new but still nooblet. Maybe 2006'ish.

Everything was a revelation, amazing, entertaining. People played the game a bit and messed around a lot. Levels and xp were really not the be-all and end-all of logging in (for the majority of people anyway).

There was no TH, no wings or costumes, no huge flapping followers and having full Rune was a big deal.

People talked to each other ... everywhere, all the time. No Clan or Friends Chat back then (can't remember if there was Private chat in 2006).

Of course, things must change and move on. But I look back on those simple, early days with undeniable affection.


Agree! I miss the old days..

08-Feb-2019 22:05:10

C a z
Jul Member 2005

C a z

Posts: 3,497Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blackwing said:
2011 to early 2012; the era when the game had the most amount of content while still maintaining good integrity, pretty good graphics, and when dungeoneering was still epic before EoC took all difficulty from it.

While Jagex has been on a better track now when it comes to keeping their Runefest promises, we shouldn't forget about the promises they have made in the past: bank rework, for example, whilst wasn't promised in Runefest 2018, was promised multiple times before, and thus is still very much late in delivery.

What Jagex really should do is stop promising new things before they've delivered the old promises first.


Bank rework isnt happening................ Quick find code: 254-255-608-66069562
BOO

09-Feb-2019 04:12:49

Lisaa
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Lisaa

Posts: 6,805Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaJolie said:
Everything was a revelation, amazing, entertaining. People played the game a bit and messed around a lot. Levels and xp were really not the be-all and end-all of logging in (for the majority of people anyway).
Personally, I remember some of the negatives of that quite a bit :P

• "Jagex doesn't communicate with us enough, we never know what's going on!"
• "Everything is so confusing!!!!"
• "This update KILLED x-training method with NO warning!"
• "Unannounced update affected X-thing significantly. Panic sell bank"
• Rock climbing boots
• And so forth :P

Runescape definitely had its golden age a long time ago, but I feel like we're quickly approaching the platinum age :D
@Lisaa_RS - Followed by @Runescape

FashionScapers -
a 2000+ Member
Discord Community

https://discord.gg/
Tfvxe22

09-Feb-2019 07:02:28

ErkalEtruria
Jun Member 2015

ErkalEtruria

Posts: 1,886Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kings Abbot said:
0join Emo said:
P.S. I also liked how there was no bank at the top of Lumbridge because it forced you to have to walk to Draynor Bank if you needed to bank your items.


Woah! Such cruelty!
There are so many banks in Lumbridge that it sorta disgusts me. Unlocking the basement Bank is a completely useless achievement now.
(-o-)
_[=RS=]
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤RIP RS Classic¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

(-o-)|
ErkalEtruria
|¸„»•*“”*•»„¸„»•*“”*•
|\/\/|

(-o-) .,¸_¸„.„¸_¸,.
‡ wïll ƒîñd mý wåÿ
~2003~

09-Feb-2019 07:23:35

Quick find code: 14-15-702-66082042Back to Top