Forums

Is Jagex starting....

Quick find code: 16-17-56-66081699

of 2
Doorknob747

Doorknob747

Posts: 819Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
to act like Pearl Abyss. I have not read or seen the link to RuneScape Remastered, but from what people are saying about it based on MTX.... this is sounding like what critics are saying about Pearl Abyss's games. I never played BDO.

Please do not remove F2P or make it time limited Jagex please. You are going to loose a large player base if that were to happen. Please Jagex Please.

Please Jagex Please.... do not become the next Pearl Abyss. Please Jagex Please.
JAGEX PLEASE START PLANING FOR A 300Million Account Event.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quick find code: 185-186-627-65997434

06-Feb-2019 22:11:24

Steelweaver
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Steelweaver

Posts: 11,752Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They've literally said nothing about it; whatever you're hearing is rumor and speculation and not official.
The Steelweaver

World Guardian #835
Maxed 9/7/2016
120 Smithing 1/4/2019

06-Feb-2019 23:21:38

Doorknob747

Doorknob747

Posts: 819Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Steelweaver said:
They've literally said nothing about it; whatever you're hearing is rumor and speculation and not official.


Rumor or speculation? You were the one who said RuneScape Remastered on the post at : QFC: 16-17-861-66080275
JAGEX PLEASE START PLANING FOR A 300Million Account Event.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quick find code: 185-186-627-65997434

06-Feb-2019 23:36:11 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2019 23:40:30 by Doorknob747

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,036Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Microtransaction is an integral part of Jagex's business"
, not that any of Jagex's games is "MTX based".

I think new Jagex games are going to be "free to access" as Phil Mansell called them. Not exactly free to play perhaps but there are going to be something for free players to play.

I doubt developers are trying to "remove f2p" in their new games anyway, especially when even EA and Activision Blizzard are beginning to make f2p games like Apex Legends.

07-Feb-2019 00:45:39

Steelweaver
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Steelweaver

Posts: 11,752Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Doorknob747 said:
Steelweaver said:
They've literally said nothing about it; whatever you're hearing is rumor and speculation and not official.


Rumor or speculation? You were the one who said RuneScape Remastered on the post at : QFC: 16-17-861-66080275


Correct, they're working on a game called RuneScape Remastered.

Two rumors running right now is that it's either a Skyrim-styled game or a Diablo-styled game, either which way with Jagex's track record for offshoot games and the current market is launching into a very dangerous territory.

To say that it's going to be solely MTX is insane, and I dare say that those working at Jagex on this project are smarter than that.
The Steelweaver

World Guardian #835
Maxed 9/7/2016
120 Smithing 1/4/2019

07-Feb-2019 03:07:22

Skull-inky
May Gold Premier Club Member 2017

Skull-inky

Posts: 3,867Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Steelweaver said:
Doorknob747 said:
Steelweaver said:
They've literally said nothing about it; whatever you're hearing is rumor and speculation and not official.


Rumor or speculation? You were the one who said RuneScape Remastered on the post at : QFC: 16-17-861-66080275


Correct, they're working on a game called RuneScape Remastered.

Two rumors running right now is that it's either a Skyrim-styled game or a Diablo-styled game, either which way with Jagex's track record for offshoot games and the current market is launching into a very dangerous territory.

To say that it's going to be solely MTX is insane, and I dare say that those working at Jagex on this project are smarter than that.


Insane? jagex are sheep and just follow the trend of other unpopular devs, it's not really a reach to assume it will be heavy based around MTX.
royal society magazine

We would agree that regardless of the profitability of the loot box trade, the risks associated with them are worryingly high

07-Feb-2019 07:16:27

Doorknob747

Doorknob747

Posts: 819Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Steelweaver said:
Doorknob747 said:
Steelweaver said:
They've literally said nothing about it; whatever you're hearing is rumor and speculation and not official.


Rumor or speculation? You were the one who said RuneScape Remastered on the post at : QFC: 16-17-861-66080275


Correct, they're working on a game called RuneScape Remastered.

Two rumors running right now is that it's either a Skyrim-styled game or a Diablo-styled game, either which way with Jagex's track record for offshoot games and the current market is launching into a very dangerous territory.

To say that it's going to be solely MTX is insane, and I dare say that those working at Jagex on this project are smarter than that.


Insane? jagex are sheep and just follow the trend of other unpopular devs, it's not really a reach to assume it will be heavy based around MTX.

No!! just No!! I am not going to accept that. Jagex pleas! Beg beg beg beg, dont be the next Pearl Abyss!!! Please don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JAGEX PLEASE START PLANING FOR A 300Million Account Event.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quick find code: 185-186-627-65997434

07-Feb-2019 15:08:58

canafford
Nov Member 2016

canafford

Posts: 17Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Still baffles me how people keep blaming the developers for MTX in games... Do you think the developers want MTX in a game they care about? Do you think developers earn more money because of it? Ofcourse not! Company executives decide about financial matters like these, the developers have no choice to listen or lose their job if they don't do what the executives tell them to do. How's this not logical to everyone? Stop blaming developers.

01-Jun-2019 11:59:58

Runelower
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Runelower

Posts: 515Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I always viewed rs like minecraft which doesn't really need or wants to become the next "crysis" in terms of graphics. Low req and accessibility is what made this game so popular. The most hated man in all of JaGeX. Greed is NOT Good! MTX bad.

02-Jul-2019 00:02:21

Quick find code: 16-17-56-66081699Back to Top