In my opinion RS has a real problem on delivering relevant information of items (and to a lesser extent abilities). While veteran players know what their items do (or just will look in a wiki), newer players don't know about this. A good game should be able to deliver all relevant information by itself!
Equipment in general should show it's quest and skill requirements (stop displaying them the moment players fulfill them), passive effects, set bonuses and degradation behaviour (degrade-to-broken/dust) in the tooltip. Items with extensive amounts of passive effects ((Attuned) Crystal, Task Armour, Slayer Helm) should rather have a right-click check option (similar to augmented items). See also Chapter 4 for this.
Allow to see activated perks on capes and augmented equipment when inspecting other players.
Luck enhancers should show their tier of luck.
Sets not displaying set bonuses:
- Combat: (Attuned) Crystal, Void Knight, PvP Hybrid, Castle wars, Ghost hunter, Penance
- Skilling/Other: Citharede robes, Trahaearn exoskeleton
- Unconfirmed: Fist of Guthix robes
Weapons should show in addition their
- Attack damage shown as min to max damage (more important now due to some invention perks)
- EOC only: Ability damage
- Attack range
- a short description of their special attack (if they have one). A Name alone won't tell the player anything.
- Show attack speed as a numerical value (e.g. fastest as 2.4), maybe rename it to attack delay
Armour additionally needs to give information about damage reduction (PvP / PvM for Tank Armour).
Rename remaining 'All'-class armour to 'Hybrid' (as it is nowadays absolutely identical) Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention
02-Sep-2015 08:15:47 - Last edited on 01-Jul-2019 10:45:35 by Rikornak