Forums

Seren Spirits Not Being Visibl

Quick find code: 15-16-463-66069887

of 2
CausticX1989
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2018

CausticX1989

Posts: 986Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay its crazy stupid, to have a Grace of the Elfs, and be mining rune during Trah Hour.... and getting so many spirits too spawn, BUT

you cant actually see / find them because theirs so many people / familiars around, crowded in a small area that they are literally invisible and by the time(If you can) locate it, its already gone!!


JAGEX PLEASE FIX THIS.

Make the spirits are bigger, or so that they spawn over / first layer over massive groups of familiars / player names stacked on top of each other.... and increase their stay time, from the measly 15-25 seconds it is, to like 2 minutes, too allow people that aren't afking, and just in a high density/traffic area too find their spirit's.


EDIT: And no, this isn't about not paying attention.... aka AFK'ing.

I literally during Trah hour, am chatting away with the other rune miners, and absolutely paying attention too the game, and surroundings. but due too the massive amount of Prif Trah hour Rune miners / farmers you literally cannot find your Seren Spirits. Sence GOTE was released, I've mined over 15k+++ ore, and done 20+++ hours of Trah hour mining, and have probably only been able too see / capture 1 spirit, outta literally the 100's and 100's of Seren Spirits that spawned for me.

and i know its well over the hundreds because i spawn an average of 6-8 an hour when i Seren Stone mine and all those i'm able too catch.

23-Dec-2018 02:30:43 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2018 04:45:07 by CausticX1989

CausticX1989
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2018

CausticX1989

Posts: 986Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ironreddeath said:
This is quite annoying, even more so for an ironman with limited money making methods.


I would have too 100% agree with you. If ur an IRONMAN, and able to afford a GOTE... and cant even capture ur spirits because so many familiars, id be pissed the F off too.

31-Dec-2018 23:38:22

Eambo
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Eambo

Posts: 898Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just wanna bump/+1 this. It doesn't make sense that a benefit to me is hidden/invisible under the torrent of other players and pets during trah. I've lost quite a number of Seren Spirits due to this :-(

03-Jan-2019 08:26:10

Emily Lisle
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Emily Lisle

Posts: 5,693Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
a pattern i've seen is that it becomes a specific colour depending on what skill you are training at the time of it's proc/spawn. I think some skills are less visible on it's colour pattern, this hopefully will be addressed in future updates Clan leader of Unity of Lunacy
Streamer with bad pun warning, follow me @Emzlisle on the old tweet box, I am aiming to do some charity streams and competitions

03-Jan-2019 22:00:08

Brunitop
Apr Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Brunitop

Posts: 34Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Emily Lisle said:
a pattern i've seen is that it becomes a specific colour depending on what skill you are training at the time of it's proc/spawn. I think some skills are less visible on it's colour pattern, this hopefully will be addressed in future updates


Do they really change colour? Only used the gote with mining and div and they were the same colour, a light blue/white spirit.

05-Jan-2019 21:49:33

Daibhi
Sep Member 2017

Daibhi

Posts: 865Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brunitop said:
Emily Lisle said:
a pattern i've seen is that it becomes a specific colour depending on what skill you are training at the time of it's proc/spawn. I think some skills are less visible on it's colour pattern, this hopefully will be addressed in future updates


Do they really change colour? Only used the gote with mining and div and they were the same colour, a light blue/white spirit.


I've seen a few comments a week or so ago where they said the colour being changed is apparently due to the skybox and some sort of "glitch" - I'm not entirely sure what causes it. Initially I thought it changed its colour/appearance based on the amount of exp you were getting so if it was low it'd be a dullish colour, whereas if it was high it'd be that crystal blue looking one.

05-Jan-2019 23:12:32

Cb555
Apr Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Cb555

Posts: 3,437Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This was brought up in a previous thread too I believe - they really should appear on top of other players/NPCs, it's silly that they can hide under things that are going to be there a lot longer than it is due to it's very brief lifetime. They also wander, a lot, so it's not like you can just check underneath the few things right next to you either - though sometimes even that isn't viable to begin with due to ridiculous amounts of players/familiars in the same square making the options list insanely long.

Edit: Today's patch has hopefully resolved this issue as they apparently now show above other NPCs/players instead of hidden under them.

Daibhi said:
Brunitop said:
Emily Lisle said:
a pattern i've seen is that it becomes a specific colour depending on what skill you are training at the time of it's proc/spawn. I think some skills are less visible on it's colour pattern, this hopefully will be addressed in future updates


Do they really change colour? Only used the gote with mining and div and they were the same colour, a light blue/white spirit.


I've seen a few comments a week or so ago where they said the colour being changed is apparently due to the skybox and some sort of "glitch" - I'm not entirely sure what causes it. Initially I thought it changed its colour/appearance based on the amount of exp you were getting so if it was low it'd be a dullish colour, whereas if it was high it'd be that crystal blue looking one.
My understanding (haven't bothered to test it) is that the texture it uses just has a sort of reflective property a bit like water does in the game so it looks different depending on factors like the active skybox (and default skyboxes change by location)

06-Jan-2019 00:14:20 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2019 22:19:26 by Cb555

Quick find code: 15-16-463-66069887Back to Top