Forums

Masterwork prices?

Quick find code: 15-16-559-66075764

ReaperWolfy

ReaperWolfy

Posts: 554Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
how much are each masterwork pieces to buy/sell atm?

tier 90 masterwork
helm = ?
platebody = ?
legs = ?
gloves = ?
boots = ?

tier 92 masterwork

helm = ?
platebody = ?
legs = ?
gloves = ?
boots = ?

masterwork trim = ?

il edit this once I know current prices if I can

14-Jan-2019 16:56:18

David James
Dec Member 2018

David James

Posts: 4,426Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aqua Star said:
alch price


Can't alch it.




No idea on price, far lower than time required to make it so buy it now before it's made harder or longer to make and goes up in price. They're already discussing it.

17-Jan-2019 04:54:56

Cuteyspoon

Cuteyspoon

Posts: 288Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
David James said:
Aqua Star said:
alch price


Can't alch it.




No idea on price, far lower than time required to make it so buy it now before it's made harder or longer to make and goes up in price. They're already discussing it.


That might explain the price...

17-Jan-2019 05:01:00

Uncle Pob

Uncle Pob

Posts: 2,962Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
David James said:
No idea on price, far lower than time required to make it so buy it now before it's made harder or longer to make and goes up in price. They're already discussing it.

Part of the problem here is Masterwork is already below what most people would call a "reasonable" price. Most players value their time, and won't invest 10-20 hours doing a thing for next to no XP unless they can get a reasonable return on their time-investment.

So it's perhaps safe to assume that most people who're making Masterwork to sell are those who don't value their time. The sort of players we regularly see in w84 Combat Academy doing nothing with his membership but lighting bonfires to try and crash or slow-down as many players as possible, for example. The sort of people who may have been impacted by a Rework that took all their victims away...

So I suspect it's players with *that* mentality who are the problem here.

That sort of player doesn't care about what sort of profit they make; their goal would be to crash Masterwork so hard that it kills Masterwork completely. So I suspect they and their alts are pumping-out Masterwork and selling at rock-bottom prices. As the price lowers, more legitimate Smiths drop out of the race, not wanting to sell their Masterwork so cheaply, so eventually the only sellers left will be those trying to drag the price lower and lower.

And beneath a certain threshold it cannot recover; no individual Smith is going to want to spend time making a Masterwork which he can't even sell for 2gp because there's an army out there selling the things for 1gp.

17-Jan-2019 05:20:34

Gazebo
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Gazebo

Posts: 1,255Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Uncle Pob said:
David James said:
No idea on price, far lower than time required to make it so buy it now before it's made harder or longer to make and goes up in price. They're already discussing it.

Part of the problem here is Masterwork is already below what most people would call a "reasonable" price. Most players value their time, and won't invest 10-20 hours doing a thing for next to no XP unless they can get a reasonable return on their time-investment.

So it's perhaps safe to assume that most people who're making Masterwork to sell are those who don't value their time. The sort of players we regularly see in w84 Combat Academy doing nothing with his membership but lighting bonfires to try and crash or slow-down as many players as possible, for example. The sort of people who may have been impacted by a Rework that took all their victims away...

So I suspect it's players with *that* mentality who are the problem here.

That sort of player doesn't care about what sort of profit they make; their goal would be to crash Masterwork so hard that it kills Masterwork completely. So I suspect they and their alts are pumping-out Masterwork and selling at rock-bottom prices. As the price lowers, more legitimate Smiths drop out of the race, not wanting to sell their Masterwork so cheaply, so eventually the only sellers left will be those trying to drag the price lower and lower.

And beneath a certain threshold it cannot recover; no individual Smith is going to want to spend time making a Masterwork which he can't even sell for 2gp because there's an army out there selling the things for 1gp.


So are those players better or worse than the XP-fanatics that never pause to have fun in the game ?
It's too late. You've awakened the gazebo.
It catches you and eats you.

17-Jan-2019 05:35:40

David James
Dec Member 2018

David James

Posts: 4,426Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tough one there tbh, I miss the era between Castle wars release and ancient magicks.

Best RS days of muh life, so much time wasting, dropping tickets to get into games faster and not miss out and have to wait 25 mins til next one in the lobby...

Oh and yaknow, actually playing capture the flag.

*nostalgia*

17-Jan-2019 08:14:37

Uncle Pob

Uncle Pob

Posts: 2,962Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gazebo said:
So are those players better or worse than the XP-fanatics that never pause to have fun in the game ?

XP fanatics like you describe don't harm anyone. They choose to keep themselves to themselves, and choose to do the activities they do. Often, gaining XP is how they find fun, so trying to do other things would be a pointless exercise.

But the others I described do the exact opposite: the entire purpose of the game from their perspective is to force their own brand of misery onto players who are most likely to rage, or at least not find it very funny. From their point of view, their own enjoyment is more important than whatever else the people they're trying to annoy are trying to do.

The only reason to try and crash people's clients or cause slowdown at Portables is to cause rage and misery. The only reason to fill W70 Artisan's Workshop with drakes is to cause rage and misery. The only reason to use Ring of Trees at Burthorpe bank on W2 is to cause rage and misery.

So it follows that these same individuals would have exactly the disturbed mindset to purposefully pump-out and undersell Masterwork *purely* to take away Masterwork as a viable Skiller money-making method - ie. causing rage and misery.

Trolling is trolling, whether it's on the forums or in-game. Unfortunately we have a whole lot of those in our community, and Jagex keep providing the tools and means for them to continue on their mission of driving all the other players away from the game... for some reason.

17-Jan-2019 08:25:31

Quick find code: 15-16-559-66075764Back to Top