Forums

Hati & Sköll MTX?!

Quick find code: 15-16-599-66077596

of 24
Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,588Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So from today's news post:

Original message details are unavailable.
Valkyrie's Return!
Hati, Skoll & Fenrir are back! In a revamp of the yearly event you've come to expect, assist Eir in summoning her Valkyrie companions!

Old powers are stirring in Gielinor, Fenrir, Hati and Skoll have returned to roam the land once more and the fallen heroes of Valhalla grow restless. Eir believes the End of Things is coming sooner than expected and that it’s time for the Valkyries to reunite and prepare for the battles ahead.

Gather Valkyrie feathers through skilling, combat, daily challenges and defeating the winter wolves and return them to Eir to help her summon her companions in exchange for legendary rewards such as a Tiny Valkyrie Bobblehead, or a bunch of Jormungand weapons plus an additional cape!

Runecoins can be spent to directly buy the currency, additionally there is no limit on the amount of currency a player can earn a day!


This event will run until Monday the 11th of Feburary.

Is this really what we're going to do now with one of the only temporary events that had more depth to it than just afking for exp; monetizing it on top of membership subscription?

Please tell me that the runecoin part was a mistake and that the event isn't just another MTX event now. :(
The Runescape Witcher
|| "Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?"

21-Jan-2019 11:13:54

Jolter
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Jolter

Posts: 205Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Even tho people feel like flaming you in your reaction on the recent game update, I agree with you. I can't even remember the events we've had in the past but they are all build on the same core. It starts to feel like Assassins Creed games where we are excited for a few seconds and then just realize 90% is recycled.

MTX I don't really care about tbh. If it brings a bit more cash in the locker for Jagex. They need to make money it's a business. Without all that I don't even think RuneScape would still excist.

I just want to see quality over quantity.. that's not happening atm.
||
10 year+
RuneScape veteran ||
Max
total player ||
Dutch
||
Vixere
clanmember ||

21-Jan-2019 11:19:13

Ultra Moo
Apr Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Ultra Moo

Posts: 312Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blackwing!!!!!!!!! Loook what they did :'( I burn my earlier comment!

This bespoiling of a fun event sickens me to the core! It will literally bring tears to the eyes of many a friend.

21-Jan-2019 11:21:25

Tenebri
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 18,339Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i dont recall this event ever being mtx based. so i am annoyed at this too. it use to be a "fun" event

but not looked into it to see how mtx involved it is. as feathers werent used before. so if the feathers are just another add on that hasnt changed the aspect of the event then so be it.

but if its core aspect then yeah very annoying
Satan loves you

200m all on 7/3/19
My life after 200m xp in all skills

21-Jan-2019 11:21:41

Odeo
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Odeo

Posts: 7,954Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You can still kill the wolves for the BXP and some cosmetics.


But yes, i dissagree wholehearthedly they blatantly added mtx to it, be extremely vague about the event in general and not tell people they can still get the bonus exp.
Don't trust a rose by it's appearance, it's thorns will still sting you.

It's the same with humans, some have opinions and some are just crazy.

21-Jan-2019 11:23:37

Aria Ventus
Mar Member 2018

Aria Ventus

Posts: 1,511Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Before the OP complained about similar events, which makes it all sound repetitive. But this time around, the OP is complaining about an event that has sunk a new low:

In addition to making an originally fun event into an MTX fueled grind,

Players are not allowed to convert their currencies into mystery boxes until after they obtain every single cosmetic most players wouldn't ever use - not just getting it as a drop from wolves, but filling that darn bar up to 100%. Players will now need to 'beat' this event if they want to buy with more tokens dungeoneering tokens etc. from mystery boxes.
~ Princess of Wind ~

21-Jan-2019 11:28:43 - Last edited on 21-Jan-2019 11:31:10 by Aria Ventus

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,588Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jolter said:
Even tho people feel like flaming you in your reaction on the recent game update, I agree with you. I can't even remember the events we've had in the past but they are all build on the same core. It starts to feel like Assassins Creed games where we are excited for a few seconds and then just realize 90% is recycled.

MTX I don't really care about tbh. If it brings a bit more cash in the locker for Jagex. They need to make money it's a business. Without all that I don't even think RuneScape would still excist.

I just want to see quality over quantity.. that's not happening atm.

Gonna try to keep this short and list a few things:

1. Idk about AC as I haven't really played it enough to say one way or another, but indeed, that's the kind of reaction I get when I see the "mold" of the event sticking out like a sore thumb.

2. Jagex needs to make money, yes, but they don't need any of the MTX money to be profitable; search up their financial documents online as well as other posts explaining them if you want to know more.

3. Even if a certain MTX doesn't bother you, the gaming industry as well as Jagex have shown that they'll just keep pushing it harder and harder until you are bothered. They get progressively worse; next year this whole event might be extra monetized, not just the new stuff.

@Tenebri, I'd say the #3 above to you too.


Odeo said:
You can still kill the wolves for the BXP and some cosmetics.


But yes, i dissagree wholehearthedly they blatantly added mtx to it, be extremely vague about the event in general and not tell people they can still get the bonus exp.

It appears so, yeah, but since Jagex loves to misinterpret statistics in cases like this (remember how they told us that SoF was "loved by many" because most people used their free spins?), simply earning some feathers might make them think that people are okay with the MTX. So eh...
The Runescape Witcher
|| "Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?"

21-Jan-2019 11:40:36

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 62,218Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aria Ventus said:
Before the OP complained about similar events, which makes it all sound repetitive. But this time around, the OP is complaining about an event that has sunk a new low:

In addition to making an originally fun event into an MTX fueled grind,

Players are not allowed to convert their currencies into mystery boxes until after they obtain every single cosmetic most players wouldn't ever use - not just getting it as a drop from wolves, but filling that darn bar up to 100%. Players will now need to 'beat' this event if they want to buy with more tokens dungeoneering tokens etc. from mystery boxes.


LOL just like him not to read everything and just what he wants to.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

21-Jan-2019 11:41:13

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,588Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aria Ventus said:
Oh and just to add,

instead of 10,000 currencies, we now need 20,000.

Any one whaling this will need to buy the large event pack not twice, but four times.

:/

Starting to feel like what happened with the bingo card promos; at first they were so easy that you could easily avoid buying keys, so Jagex had to make it harder to complete by earning.
The Runescape Witcher
|| "Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?"

21-Jan-2019 11:56:51

Quick find code: 15-16-599-66077596Back to Top