Forums

Mining & Smithing poll change

Quick find code: 16-17-196-65945074

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,407Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pink Sheeps said:
I think this is a very bad decision. In any democracy they never require a super majority to pass. This just allows a minority of people to overrule a majority of people.


1. In any (good) democracy, minority rights are protected. You can't have 51% of people vote the other 49% into slavery.

2. We're getting the smithing rework either way, this poll just determines the extent and the timeframe of the rework, as to whether it's split into two or delayed and shipped out complete. Considering a "yes" vote could delay the level rework indefinitely, it makes sense that a supermajority would be required to overrule and delay something for the good of the game. Hence the relevance of my first comparison.

3. Runescape isn't a democracy.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

29-Aug-2017 14:24:56

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,407Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Takara said:
I don't think that voting "Yes" is giving the Jagex devs the go-ahead for doing a "half-ass update," as is the popular phrase bandied about. They'd be doing a "full-ass" job on one part of the M&S rework, which has proven to be the most popular part of this gargantuan project, and then making some more, other unrelated content. It's not like Mod Jack will squirt this update out, call it a day and laze about until it's time to finish the rest of the rework some months later.


While that may be your opinion, the past several months have shown jagex half-assing everything from unnecessary interface "upgrades" and lukewarm content for the highest level slayers.

After months of that, I don't see how a poll asking for more half-assing and more unfinished business would be positively received, especially when people are still waiting for invention batch 2. We just had changes to shattered worlds which were known since release and took months just to shuffle some numbers around. If the mining/smithing rework is segmented, how long will it take to shuffle around numbers that actually require in-depth thought put into them?
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

29-Aug-2017 15:31:02

Quick find code: 16-17-196-65945074Back to Top