Forums

Quests in the Making (V2)

Quick find code: 16-17-584-65048986

of 161
Malva
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2005

Malva

Posts: 9,215Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FlammaUriah said:
Really looking forward to the new quests coming out. Can't wait for Seren next week.

Why are people not thrilled about the idea of a Meg quest? I'd love that. Maybe I'm weird though.

Slightly off topic: Nice that they're looking into finally getting us an improved quest cape, but some of those requirements, ugh.
I wasn't excited about the Meg quest because I fear it would just be a pile of Family Guy references.
Member of the Kalos Elite Four and Team Flare.

06-Aug-2015 19:07:59

FlammaUriah
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,202Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Malva said:
I wasn't excited about the Meg quest because I fear it would just be a pile of Family Guy references.


What's wrong with family guy?

I'd hope that wouldn't be the case. Then again, seeing the top results I really doubt the result will end up being anything other than a lighthearted joke of a quest.
Don't look to hard.

06-Aug-2015 19:16:20 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2015 19:16:45 by FlammaUriah

Iceey

Iceey

Posts: 6,607Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If the person that suggested Tutorial Island update reads this, please try to push for some character background. I know Jagex said they wanted the player to be able to choose their own background, but having some solid background for out character would be nice.

Maybe you could try to link all the starting areas as well.

Also try to see if you could get them to resurface the Tutorial Island so we can revisit when we want. Maybe rename it to Adventurers' Island or Adventurerers' Gambit.


MAYBE! We could turn the island into the Guild of You and keep everything else! That would be freaking awesome.
Come the Sixth-Age, the world will need the World Guardian.

06-Aug-2015 19:23:08 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2015 19:24:25 by Iceey

FlammaUriah
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,202Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Iceey said:
If the person that suggested Tutorial Island update reads this, please try to push for some character background. I know Jagex said they wanted the player to be able to choose their own background, but having some solid background for out character would be nice.

Maybe you could try to link all the starting areas as well.

Also try to see if you could get them to resurface the Tutorial Island so we can revisit when we want. Maybe rename it to Adventurers' Island or Adventurerers' Gambit.


MAYBE! We could turn the island into the Guild of You and keep everything else! That would be freaking awesome.


The problem is though that the Tutorial island was written out of players history with the introduction of Ashdale I believe? Kind of like what they do when they rework quests. The old thing never even happened.
Don't look to hard.

06-Aug-2015 19:31:27

Iceey

Iceey

Posts: 6,607Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FlammaUriah said:
Iceey said:
If the person that suggested Tutorial Island update reads this, please try to push for some character background. I know Jagex said they wanted the player to be able to choose their own background, but having some solid background for out character would be nice.

Maybe you could try to link all the starting areas as well.

Also try to see if you could get them to resurface the Tutorial Island so we can revisit when we want. Maybe rename it to Adventurers' Island or Adventurerers' Gambit.


MAYBE! We could turn the island into the Guild of You and keep everything else! That would be freaking awesome.


The problem is though that the Tutorial island was written out of players history with the introduction of Ashdale I believe? Kind of like what they do when they rework quests. The old thing never even happened.



This is true, but it was said that the underwater island used to be a gathering point for adventurers. But I see what you mean. I need to read the original idea that the person who suggested it had.
Come the Sixth-Age, the world will need the World Guardian.

06-Aug-2015 19:38:04

FlammaUriah
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,202Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Iceey said:
This is true, but it was said that the underwater island used to be a gathering point for adventurers. But I see what you mean. I need to read the original idea that the person who suggested it had.


I'm all for the nostalgia of Tutorial Island, but I feel the reason this quest is being added is wrong. "What happened to Tutorial Island" isn't a valid question in the lore in my honest opinion because, according to my understanding, it never existed as we knew it.

That's just my two cents.
Don't look to hard.

06-Aug-2015 19:50:59

Amascut
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Amascut

Posts: 21,616Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FlammaUriah said:
Iceey said:
This is true, but it was said that the underwater island used to be a gathering point for adventurers. But I see what you mean. I need to read the original idea that the person who suggested it had.


I'm all for the nostalgia of Tutorial Island, but I feel the reason this quest is being added is wrong. "What happened to Tutorial Island" isn't a valid question in the lore in my honest opinion because, according to my understanding, it never existed as we knew it.

That's just my two cents.


Overall I do agree. Except I'm also against the nostalgia of Tutorial Island in general too. I think things left behind need to stay left behind.
@Fannygirdle on Twitter | Co-Owner of The Scrying Pool, a future updates and lore clan

06-Aug-2015 21:52:13

Guitar Girl

Guitar Girl

Posts: 371Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wanted to create a thread about the Tutorial Island quest today, but I ended up being busier than expected. I will try to get one up tomorrow but I have a pretty packed schedule tomorrow as well. There will definitely be one up by Saturday. I don't want to post anything until I can properly address the common concerns, questions, and ideas and I don't want to post anything in haste.

That being said there is one thing I want to address now…

I think everyone is too focused on the fact that it's "Tutorial Island" instead of just thinking about the fact that it is an island that sunk. My idea has very little to do with the tutorial itself. Actually, the only part of the tutorial that may actually relevant to the quest would probably be Vanna*a.

This is not and has never been a quest idea specifically about the Tutorial or the past or "nostalgia." Think of it as a quest about an island that sunk for an unknown reason and now the question becomes much more. How did it sink? Do any creatures inhabit it now? What is their story? The possibilities are endless when you introduce a new area like an underwater city. It opens up doors for a lot of new lore and interesting characters. Tutorial Island is just the name of a piece of land that sunk. Nothing more. Get off of that fact. There are people way too concerned about that.

I have seen other ideas for this that are not underwater themed (@IceDo*ahkiin) and while those are obviously much different than what I envisioned, I am still very willing to hear any idea out.

The only arguments I have seen against the idea of using the sunken Tutorial Island as an underwater area are fears of nostalgia. To me this does not make any sense and hopefully anyone with this single argument can reflect back upon what I stated here and realize that it is an unnecessary concern. I never suggested we bring that tutorial back. I never suggested that a replica of Tutorial Island be reopened to explore.

06-Aug-2015 23:39:12 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2015 23:59:30 by Guitar Girl

Quick find code: 16-17-584-65048986Back to Top