Forums

ED2, why even wildy?

Quick find code: 16-17-645-66024575

of 7
Anima Nexus
Jan Member 2015

Anima Nexus

Posts: 988Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so the location of elite dungeon 2 was announced to be located deep in the wildy, cool maybe they can breath a little life into the wilderness and pvp slowly. Oh wait there is a free tele, and a bank, and i assume you can tele out. So aside from the general atmosphere there is really no reason to even put it there.

some suggestions. i do not believe all of these should be implemented simultaneously.
-Group tele costs (50k) a person
-Add a second entrance and exit, to add a bit more fair dynamic to pvp, as you may get jump from behind
-Add a desirable slayer monster outside, to act as a hub to add activity to the area, not just people jumping people cutting bloodwoods
-Add a buff of some kind from players who ran the entire way. this could be achieved by activating pillars or something
-Add an optional tele out only via wilderness teleport pad, would not be able to tele back in however. This could possibly add an interesting pvp/pvm dynamic.
-Add a useful merchant
-Do something with the volcano to the north. pvp or pvm


I may add more to this list. like I said, I do not expect all or even most to necessarily or even for them to come out at the time of the dungeon. i'm open to refining the list, or if others have new ideas as well extend to longevity of this dungeon.

07-Jul-2018 02:45:20

Kevan

Kevan

Posts: 820Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Or, they could just stop trying to revive the wilderness by forcing people that don't want to be there to be there, all these methods of getting people into the wild ever do is pull skillers with next to no value on them into the wilderness as cannon fodder for the other overwhelmingly under geared raggers who are just there to be a pain, even the extremely small number of people who actually do want pvp don't want to deal with these players, as the risk they have is so much higher than those raggers that its not worth it.

just stop it, stop trying to be a wilderness necromancer, its dead, its over and its not coming back, and honestly, the constant attempts to revive it are just making those of us who do remember when the wilderness was alive depressed, we get a little bit of hope that maybe something will bring it back, even though deep down, we all know its never going to be the same.

07-Jul-2018 04:56:02

Hguoh
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,424Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anima Nexus said:
So aside from the general atmosphere there is really no reason to even put it there.


And what's wrong with doing things for atmospheric and flavor/lore reasons? The second elite dungeon is linked to the dragonkin, who have particularly strong connections to Forinthry/The Wilderness. As such, I can understand it's placement and have no compulsion to try to encourage PVP because of it.

07-Jul-2018 09:55:42

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 1,757Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would love to see more PvP but forcing it by making people do non-PvP things in wildy is not the way to encourage it, people will just 1 item and run away. You'll get it when you deserve it.

07-Jul-2018 10:12:50

Kevan

Kevan

Posts: 820Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said:
Anima Nexus said:
So aside from the general atmosphere there is really no reason to even put it there.


And what's wrong with doing things for atmospheric and flavor/lore reasons? The second elite dungeon is linked to the dragonkin, who have particularly strong connections to Forinthry/The Wilderness. As such, I can understand it's placement and have no compulsion to try to encourage PVP because of it.


can understand that, if dragonkin are involved, yeah wilderness is sort of part of that whole storyline, but it definitely needs to be separate from any pvp, its been shown time and time again now that trying to force people into the wilderness to make pvp active does not work, and will not ever work, and as stated by myself and others, just leads to 1 iteming, griefing and not any actual improvement of pvp, even the people who really really want pvp don't want it to happen like this, because even they know the kinds of people these updates bring into the wilderness aren't worth their time.

07-Jul-2018 13:18:22

Orcrist9
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Orcrist9

Posts: 7,129Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Wilderness location doesn't make sense beyond a lore aspect, and even then, it's not really necessary.

Even so, going all the way through the Wilderness just to get to this place would be beyond impractical -- regardless of pking risk.
Here, I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret!

07-Jul-2018 18:35:30

Anima Nexus
Jan Member 2015

Anima Nexus

Posts: 988Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
but its in the wilderness..... i'm not trying to force anything. So you guys are all saying anything and everything added to the wildy now should be pvp safe? That completely defeats the entire purpose then and they should just remove pvp entirely, which what I'm sure many of you would hope for anyways. And the peninsula would still be a safe area.

the tele would still be available but 50k to cross the wildy for high level content is not too steep, id pay 50k for teles straight to mage bank if i could. My other ideas simply are an attempt to make this place a hub for more people than just dungeon goers, and who better in the wildy than pvpers. This place could have two functions. for people who wish to go out and pvp when they can't find a group or get sick of running the dungeon and wish to take a break, and for people who are trying to pvp who are having little luck so they run the dungeon.

07-Jul-2018 18:57:56 - Last edited on 07-Jul-2018 19:09:53 by Anima Nexus

PrimaAntiqua
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2007

PrimaAntiqua

Posts: 676Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anima Nexus said:
but its in the wilderness..... i'm not trying to force anything. So you guys are all saying anything and everything added to the wildy now should be pvp safe? That completely defeats the entire purpose then and they should just remove pvp entirely, which what I'm sure many of you would hope for anyways. And the peninsula would still be a safe area.

the tele would still be available but 50k to cross the wildy for high level content is not too steep, id pay 50k for teles straight to mage bank if i could. My other ideas simply are an attempt to make this place a hub for more people than just dungeon goers, and who better in the wildy than pvpers. This place could have two functions. for people who wish to go out and pvp when they can't find a group or get sick of running the dungeon and wish to take a break, and for people who are trying to pvp who are having little luck so they run the dungeon.

You are: you are trying to force people who have NO INTEREST IN PVP to be involved in PvP, by attempting to coerce people to take a route through the Wilderness to non-PvP content. Just stop it; there's literally no point. Especially with content like this: it's balanced for people using proper gear; noone is stupid enough to ever risk that. To be worth doing so, it would have to give some bonus so idiotically overpowered that people will cooperate rather than kill, like warbands.

Just look at history: content that forces non-PvPers to go into PvP zones is dead, because this is not PvP, this is Griefing. The entire Wilderness "rejuvenation" was a waste of time that only created bad blood. When people fondly remember PvP, they remember Edge PKing and BH, not griefing updates like you are suggesting.

07-Jul-2018 22:52:43 - Last edited on 07-Jul-2018 22:53:02 by PrimaAntiqua

Quick find code: 16-17-645-66024575Back to Top