Forums

Stone Spirits Suggestion

Quick find code: 185-186-819-66080254

of 2
Ealwynn
Nov Member 2018

Ealwynn

Posts: 110Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok so I've been thinking and I've come up with a suggestion for how stone spirits could be improved. Now they work like a bonus ore when mining, and they drop from mobs/bosses, however they are quite useless. My suggestion is to allow players combine stone spirits of the same type to produce a "bonus ore". Higher ores would need more spirits to make would probably be a good idea too so as to not overflow the market. Please post your opinion on this and or more suggestions.

31-Jan-2019 22:09:05

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 3,062Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So you want to reduce the amount of ore the stone spirits give?
You do know that when you mine with stone spirits in your inventory ever ore is doubled, using up one spirit?
The RS Wiki needs a hand, and Bwian's will gladly take the rest of your body!
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

01-Feb-2019 11:10:45

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 3,062Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There meant to be used in Mining. It doubles your yield! I wouldn't call that useless. The RS Wiki needs a hand, and Bwian's will gladly take the rest of your body!
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

01-Feb-2019 20:20:28

Lelouch Vi B
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2017

Lelouch Vi B

Posts: 1,564Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The primary issue people have with the spirits is the result of the fact that they have not yet adjusted to the new ore system. People see a Rune Stone Spirit and think "this used to be a rune ore worth 11k." and they immediately think "this item must be worth 11k" when that is nowhere near the case. Rune is no longer the best smithing metal and has lost most of its value because of this. Rune now sits on the ore scale around where Mithril used to, somewhere near the middle of the tiers. How often did you pick up a mithril ore before the rework? I'd wager not often. That's because it wasn't worth your time; it's a low level ore not worth much to smiths.

The backlash we're seeing is a result of this failure to fully reconcile these changes with the play-style we've all gotten so used to. This is normal; it takes time to adapt. Jagex also shares some fault, as they replaced what was once a level 85 ore with a level 50 spirit. They should have know better than this. Their most recent update has improved the situation.

Another thing that I would personally like to see is the ability to disassemble them. Currently, spirits are flooding into the game and not leaving because very few people buy/use them. This is making them even less valuable and compounding the drop table issues. I personally used to disassemble all non-noted ore drops, regardless of the tier/value. I'd like to see disassembly added to the spirits. This would make myself happy and likely help to get rid of some of the surplus plaguing the values of the items.
Now with added
[SARCASM]
Warnings for those less astute!

Archaeology Elite Skill Suggestion

02-Feb-2019 01:40:51 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2019 01:42:44 by Lelouch Vi B

Adarajin
Jan Member 2005

Adarajin

Posts: 11,944Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lelouch Vi B said:
Another thing that I would personally like to see is the ability to disassemble them. Currently, spirits are flooding into the game and not leaving because very few people buy/use them. This is making them even less valuable and compounding the drop table issues. I personally used to disassemble all non-noted ore drops, regardless of the tier/value. I'd like to see disassembly added to the spirits. This would make myself happy and likely help to get rid of some of the surplus plaguing the values of the items.

Definitely a suggestion that I could get behind :-)
Ooh, a light at the end of the tunnel...
...Do you think I should get off the tracks?

02-Feb-2019 08:02:49

isola
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2018

isola

Posts: 388Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have another idea. Allow people to disassemble stone spirits. That way lower tier stone spirits will be worth something.

02-Feb-2019 12:36:33 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2019 12:36:56 by isola

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 3,062Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
isola said:
I have another idea. Allow people to disassemble stone spirits. That way lower tier stone spirits will be worth something.


That's what the two people above you already proposed...

Would be handy to disassemble them.
The RS Wiki needs a hand, and Bwian's will gladly take the rest of your body!
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

02-Feb-2019 18:29:23

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 62,223Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kings Abbot said:
isola said:
I have another idea. Allow people to disassemble stone spirits. That way lower tier stone spirits will be worth something.


That's what the two people above you already proposed...

Would be handy to disassemble them.


Why does it need this option though?

Why can you just drop them?
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

02-Feb-2019 19:17:44

Quick find code: 185-186-819-66080254Back to Top