Forums

Wrong website language

Quick find code: 278-279-101-66091601

of 5
Archaeox
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 47,003Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said:

Just opened the website, and the homepage was all in English... EXCEPT the 'Become a Member' panel, which was in German!

Logging in turned the panel English.

This happened to me again this morning.

~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~
~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

08-Apr-2019 06:04:47

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 18,399Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said:
Archaeox said:

Just opened the website, and the homepage was all in English... EXCEPT the 'Become a Member' panel, which was in German!

Logging in turned the panel English.

This happened to me again this morning.
Have you ever, in the past, once logged in into a different language forum as it may be possible the forums are having hick-ups reaching back to this old 'account' data pushing that old data storage to surface?

08-Apr-2019 09:11:22

Archaeox
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 47,003Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2_Tron said:
Have you ever, in the past, once logged in into a different language forum as it may be possible the forums are having hick-ups reaching back to this old 'account' data pushing that old data storage to surface?

Not to the best of my recollection.

But even if I had, why does this only affect one element on the front (not forums) page?

And logging in to my account fixes this particular issue, which contraindicates that this might be due to old account data - no account data is checked before logging in.

I can't even turn my suspicions to ancient cookies, as my current PC is only a couple of months old....

~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~
~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

08-Apr-2019 10:22:45

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 18,399Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said:
2_Tron said:
Have you ever, in the past, once logged in into a different language forum as it may be possible the forums are having hick-ups reaching back to this old 'account' data pushing that old data storage to surface?

Not to the best of my recollection.

But even if I had, why does this only affect one element on the front (not forums) page?

And logging in to my account fixes this particular issue, which contraindicates that this might be due to old account data - no account data is checked before logging in.

I can't even turn my suspicions to ancient cookies, as my current PC is only a couple of months old....
A lot of places (computers) do store data from us when we use The Internet, however since yours computer is quite fresh we can rule that one out. Now we can narrow that down to computers that store data based upon your IP-adress. In the past Jagex-computers did recall yours previous visit, which language forums, and when you did return to The RSOF you were directed to the language forums you last logged into, however that's not the case too as you mentioned.
What has changed for me lately is the 'not-secure notification' in my browser, someone so persistently promoted. I have a feeling that being the biggest culprit. Someone is messing up the link between Us & Jagex.

08-Apr-2019 10:34:28

Archaeox
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 47,003Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bonjour tout le monde!

This morning when I opened the site, all the panels (OSRS, Become a Member, RuneScape on Mobile) were in French!

As usual, logging in reverted them to English.

~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~
~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

09-Apr-2019 05:31:14

Archaeox
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 47,003Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said:
Archaeox said:

Just opened the website, and the homepage was all in English... EXCEPT the 'Become a Member' panel, which was in German!

Logging in turned the panel English.

This happened to me again this morning.

And this happened AGAIN today!

~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~
~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

11-Apr-2019 05:08:53

Archaeox
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 47,003Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And then this afternoon, when I opened the site, all the panels (OSRS, Become a Member, RuneScape on Mobile) were in Portuguese!

~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~
~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

11-Apr-2019 14:28:17

Mod Lyon

Mod Lyon

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Since this was already escalated to us, don't think we needed updated on this happening every day.

If the issue is some images appearing in a language not your own - we've just launched a fix for this.

If the issue is the entire webpage being in Spanish / another language than your own and not "sticking" when you re-open the RuneScape website, and you've cleared all cookies etc. relating to Jagex please let me know :)
Jagex Web Team

Twitter - @JagexLyon

15-Apr-2019 15:46:27

Quick find code: 278-279-101-66091601Back to Top