Forums

reCAPTCHA... why?

Quick find code: 278-279-104-66065959

of 4
Loki
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 52,980Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why is it every single time I want to log into the forums or the website now, reCAPTCHA stops me and makes me go through 2-3 images selecting squares...?

Is it because I've temporarily moved from Australia to the UK and it thinks I'm hacking the account?

Is there any way to stop me getting this? :(
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

05-Dec-2018 15:50:59

Wynd
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Wynd

Posts: 59,642Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome to my world. This happens to me every single day and I am unsure why. I always log in from the same locations all the time. It's very annoying...

05-Dec-2018 15:52:56

Loki
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 52,980Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wynd said:
Welcome to my world. This happens to me every single day and I am unsure why. I always log in from the same locations all the time. It's very annoying...
I don't mind just ticking the box, but when it comes up with pictures to click, especially on my phone, it's just.... pls stop :(
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

05-Dec-2018 15:56:39

Wynd
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Wynd

Posts: 59,642Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said:
I don't mind just ticking the box, but when it comes up with pictures to click, especially on my phone, it's just.... pls stop :(
Neither do I; however, it isn't just ticking the box, it's clicking on the pictures 2, 3 or 4 times...

05-Dec-2018 16:06:12

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member
2011

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 41,955Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I’ve had it every once in awhile, though usually it’s only if I’ve typed my password wrong. If I type it right the second time, the page refreshes making me log in once more and answer the captcha, and then the next few times after that on a fresh login I’ve had to go through it as well.

I haven’t had the one where I’ve had to click pictures recently though, normally it’s just the checkbox.

05-Dec-2018 16:51:49

Louiellen

Louiellen

Forum Moderator Posts: 50,866Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I generally like Google technology, but I really reserve huge hatred to Captcha and its worst brother reCaptcha.

I continue to successfully choose the correct images, but reCaptcha has this dumb tendency to deny the matched images. The worst invention made by humans, second only to cigarettes.

Captcha using text confirmation was much tolerable.

And did I said that I hate reCaptcha!!!

The issue is the implementation of those grainy images itself, who made reCaptcha should issue a public apology - globally speaking a lot of irreplaceable human time wasted trying to solve those image puzzles.

05-Dec-2018 17:02:51 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2018 17:04:21 by Louiellen

Mod Lyon

Mod Lyon

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Loki said:
Is it because I've temporarily moved from Australia to the UK and it thinks I'm hacking the account?


Nope.


Loki said:
Is there any way to stop me getting this? :(


Continue using your browser and building a "user profile". If you're having this happen every time, then its likely something between Google's software and your browser.

You will however be happy to know we're in the process of upgrading this as we speak :)
Jagex Web Team

Twitter - @JagexLyon

05-Dec-2018 17:27:13 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2018 17:27:22 by Mod Lyon

Loki
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 52,980Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Lyon said:
Loki said:
Is there any way to stop me getting this? :(


Continue using your browser and building a "user profile". If you're having this happen every time, then its likely something between Google's software and your browser.

You will however be happy to know we're in the process of upgrading this as we speak :)
Weird that the computer I've been using all year asks for this, yet the moment I go onto my partners computer for the first ever time, it doesn't ask me for a reCAPTCHA at all... O_o
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

06-Dec-2018 16:24:33

Loki
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 52,980Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Lyon said:
You will however be happy to know we're in the process of upgrading this as we speak :)
:D
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

06-Dec-2018 16:24:52

Mod Lyon

Mod Lyon

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Loki said:
Mod Lyon said:
Loki said:
Is there any way to stop me getting this? :(


Continue using your browser and building a "user profile". If you're having this happen every time, then its likely something between Google's software and your browser.

You will however be happy to know we're in the process of upgrading this as we speak :)
Weird that the computer I've been using all year asks for this, yet the moment I go onto my partners computer for the first ever time, it doesn't ask me for a reCAPTCHA at all... O_o


Likely you'll have an extension of some sort or a setting that's clearing your browser sessions, as this is something (its assumed..) Google relies on for determining if you need to complete a second visual check or not.
Jagex Web Team

Twitter - @JagexLyon

06-Dec-2018 16:34:22 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2018 16:34:34 by Mod Lyon

Quick find code: 278-279-104-66065959Back to Top