Forums

wiki title concern

Quick find code: 278-279-691-66070933

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,415Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said:
In the more than two years since the 'Wikian' title was introduced, I haven't seen a single complaint from anyone involved in the original RS Wiki about this alleged 'problem'.


Probably because the number of people that contributed to the official RS Wiki is fewer than the number of people that use the forums.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

05-Jan-2019 01:42:21

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,415Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Miu said:
Archaeox said:
In the more than two years since the 'Wikian' title was introduced, I haven't seen a single complaint from anyone involved in the original RS Wiki about this alleged 'problem'.


Probably because the number of people that contributed to the official RS Wiki is fewer than the number of people that use the forums.


So even more proof it'll just be a waste of time giving those ever so few ppl a title that isnt meant for them.
The same could be said about the title in the first place. Makes even less sense since it was a third party site (that had malicious ads).
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

05-Jan-2019 13:51:02

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,415Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Miu said:
The same could be said about the title in the first place. Makes even less sense since it was a third party site (that had malicious ads).


Yet it no longer is thus that point is void.

Using old excuses will get you nowhere.


An old title was awarded to users of an a malware-ridden wiki and yet not the official wiki which has since shutdown. Those that contributed to the official wiki got no recognition at all. It's not an excuse, and time doesn't erode a point.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

06-Jan-2019 01:18:35

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,415Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Miu said:
An old title was awarded to users of an a malware-ridden wiki and yet not the official wiki which has since shutdown. Those that contributed to the official wiki got no recognition at all. It's not an excuse, and time doesn't erode a point.


Yet it is considering the editors had no control over that.

So once again you're blaming the wrong ppl.

I mean this is like blaming the reddit mods for the ads on the rs sub-reddit. Who also have no control over what gets shown.


I'm not "blaming" anyone for anything. It's simply a questionable decision for Jagex to give out titles and encourage visiting a site that can compromise your account security. It's a reasonable enough request to give people that contributed to Jagex's own site some recognition.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

08-Jan-2019 01:40:58

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,415Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Miu said:
I'm not "blaming" anyone for anything. It's simply a questionable decision for Jagex to give out titles and encourage visiting a site that can compromise your account security. It's a reasonable enough request to give people that contributed to Jagex's own site some recognition.


Not really as jagex arent the ones in charge of the title.

Its the admins of the wiki.

So the ppl on the jagex wiki have no right to the title.


Jagex aren't in charge of the title they implemented in the game? Are wiki admins somehow editing code behind the scenes?

Jagex gets the final word (obviously). They have a chance to make things right to people that contributed to their community.

However, with how often the FMR is reviewed, we can see how they feel about their community, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

14-Jan-2019 23:56:13

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,415Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JaydenKT said:
I completely understand the feelings about the old official wiki and not being rewarded for that. I can't speak on behalf of Jagex, but I will say that I would find it doubtful that they would have logs of old contributors to that site. If they did though, I'm sure they'd/we'd be happy to reward those old contributors.


Thanks for the support, I'd like to see if Jagex feels the same.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

17-Jan-2019 15:27:57

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,415Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Miu said:
What system of measurement, if it exists, do you use to determine if prior wiki contributors are deserving of the title?


Thats the thing they arent IMHO.

You get it for editing the current wiki or one of the sister ones.

Since those ppl havent done neither they arent deserving of it.


Considering the only person with the power to give the title has expressed his willingness to do so given the chance, you're in no position to say whether they're deserving or not.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

14-Mar-2019 19:41:31

The contents of this message have been hidden

14-Mar-2019 19:45:53

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,415Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Miu said:
Considering the only person with the power to give the title has expressed his willingness to do so given the chance, you're in no position to say whether they're deserving or not.


Luckily thats why i just stated my opinion.

Once again it helps to read.

Draco Burnz said:
Thats the thing they arent IMHO.

Considering the only person with the power to give the title has expressed his willingness to do so given the chance, your opinion isn't particularly relevant in this scenario.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

15-Mar-2019 05:50:08

Quick find code: 278-279-691-66070933Back to Top