Forums

An IntroductionThread is sticky

Quick find code: 320-321-374-65747603

of 9
Mod Maz

Mod Maz

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hello,

I'm Mod Maz. Some of you will already have heard of me, others won't know anything about me other than a name on some of the recent OldSchool updates. So I thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce myself to you - the OldSchool Clans.

I've worked at Jagex for 11 years, starting initially in Customer Support, then fairly rapidly moving to Content Development for RuneScape2. I've produced content such as Hand in the Sand, Stronghold of Security, Crossbows, Wyverns and was part of the team that built the RS3 clan system and lots more.

For the past 11 months, I've worked mostly in the OldSchool team - it's been quite odd to go back into the past and see my old code from years ago! Since being here I've produced such things as Cerberus, the Seed box, the duel arena rewrite and a few other bits.

As some of you may know, I play a role in the RS3 clan community, and would very much like to get to know the OSRS clans better. I'd like to find out what you like and don't like about being in a clan, whether there's anything clan specific that you'd like to see change and just generally to chat with you.

Whilst my preferences are towards skilling and not combat, I am fully aware that a large percentage of OSRS clans and players focus on either PvM or PvP - and that's totally ok. I seek to learn and to understand your perspectives on the game and what you enjoy in order that I might support you better in the future.
Mod Maz
Queen of the Squirrels
RS Training & Developer Lead

10-Feb-2016 09:54:14

JulioTheStud
Jun Summer Special Member 2018

JulioTheStud

Posts: 7,925Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Mod Maz,

To begin with, thanks for the introduction & nice to meet you. Late welcome to the OSRS community mate :P

*Great work on Cerby & the duel arena rework, few updates I actually appreciated thus far into the game. *

Topics of which I believe should be addressed:
Clan chat space limitations (Friendlist/ignorelist limitations)
Increase of possible clan chat ranks.
Clan Cups - Poorly Organized
More team based bosses ( Increase team activity ) Everything can be Duoed/Soloed at this point.

Things I like about being in a clan:
- Fast teams
- Team work
- Built trust
- Long time friendships
- Clan events
- Closely knit community
- Clan Pride

In other words, my clan is my 2nd family.

Any other questions in specific, you may ask at anytime or pm in game homie :D

** Anything else that I can think of i'll edit **

Kind regards,

Julio

P.S
Stud Unit #1
Stud Unit #1 OSRS PvM Clan - PvM Cup 2014 & 2015 Winners -

10-Feb-2016 15:23:36 - Last edited on 10-Feb-2016 15:44:55 by JulioTheStud

Slay Helm

Slay Helm

Posts: 2,414Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Maz :D

It's awesome to see that you're trying to get involved with the OSRS clanning community, it never stops growing and has some amazing clans filled with amazing people. I like to see clans as a way for people to explore the game while making friends and learning the mechanics of whatever they're doing - joining a clan is just an enjoyable way to play the game in general.


I am glad to see that you are such an experienced JMod who's already done so much and made so many good updates for the game, it's nice to see that you are the one running the clan community.

Personally, I agree with what Julio said concerning all of the topics that need to be addressed, although I think that the first 2 could be solved by creating actual clan chats (which I believe Ash said he would like to make anyway).

The solo/duoing bosses is also a problem, clans should be somewhere you come to learn and unlock new content, but right now everything can be done on your own or with a friend, you don't need anyone else to help you - hopefully raids will solve this.

I look forward to hearing what you have to offer us in the future Maz, thank you for being 'our' mod :)
Stud Unit 125+Elite PvM
~~
Undefeated Champions of the PvM Arena


~~Join today!~~

12-Feb-2016 10:57:45

Thanks
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2007

Thanks

Posts: 5,080Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks maz for the introduction.

What the others said above is indeed what the most important things are about a clan (in my opinion).

Loyalty
Trust
Friendship
Community

Those are one of the most important things you can have in rs in my opinion so it's really good to see people in my clan sharing the same views/opinions.

I'd also like to ask,are you going to be the one working on the clan system for osrs soon? If so,I have alot of suggestions.

Eitherway,looking forward to seeing more of you and hopefully we can get the raids/clansystem asap :)
Oblivion - Cb126 Elite PvM Clan
Join today on our official offsite - "Oblivion"

12-Feb-2016 11:22:34

Seashores
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Seashores

Posts: 3,162Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Maz!

I never knew you were that involved pre-OSRS! Glad to see there's a Jmod who has such an interest in the clan community. I have lead clans in the past and am currently one of the co-leaders of a popular PvM clan. Through my experiences I've come across a few things that would really benefit the OSRS clan community. They are:

A higher maximum allowance on friends lists,
OR a clan chat system similar to RS3's current,
A more diverse ranking system,
A system which removes inactive players from the clan chat/friends list,
A system which doesn't allow multiclanning,
Friends list in alphabetical order

I believe that these features would make it much easier for leaders to run a clan; and not have to be focused on the background work like checking activity in order to free up space on the clan friends list. If I think of anymore I'll add them to my list!

Thanks,
Adim
Uprising PvM
co-Leader
Maxed OS | @SeashoresRS

A Green Bandits Veteran

12-Feb-2016 11:27:16 - Last edited on 12-Feb-2016 11:29:35 by Seashores

Oblv Jumanji
Feb Member 2013

Oblv Jumanji

Posts: 1,304Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome to the Oldschool team, Maz.

It's great news that you want to know clans a bit better. I sometimes get the feeling clans get a bit ignored. They shouldn't, as they are an integral part of the Oldschool community and is one of best parts about playing this game. I'm sure a lot of people would say that the game would be a much less enjoyable experience and they couldn't play the game without being part of a clan, I'm certainly one of those people. It builds friendships and creates a great community while being part of a clan.

I'm going to echo what Adim said about what we would benefit from in terms of clan updates and it would make being in a clan evenmore enjoyable (and much better for clan leaders to administrate). Everything he suggested is spot on.

A higher maximum allowance on friends lists,
A clan chat system similar to RS3's current,
A more diverse ranking system (especially more ranks for clan admins)
A system which removes inactive players from the clan chat/friends list,
Friends list in alphabetical order.

If you ever need help with suggestions, you can find a lot of us on twitter, probably the best way of communicating with the clan community. I feel that the communication has been extremely lackluster as of now. This thread gives the clan community some hope, which is great.

Looking forward to raids!
Leader of
Oblivion PvM
- 126 Combat Elite PvM Clan

Join today on our official offsite - "Oblivion"
Twitter - @OblvJack

12-Feb-2016 11:31:11 - Last edited on 12-Feb-2016 11:55:50 by Oblv Jumanji

Mod Maz

Mod Maz

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Thanks said:

I'd also like to ask,are you going to be the one working on the clan system for osrs soon? If so,I have alot of suggestions.


This is more than likely.
Mod Maz
Queen of the Squirrels
RS Training & Developer Lead

12-Feb-2016 11:45:40

BALENC
Jul Member 2018

BALENC

Posts: 44Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi
Mod Maz
, I am leader of
Ancient Fury
a large P2P PvP based clan, i'm sure with your experience in clans you would have come across our name through-out the years.

Before i start i would just like to start with a note, everything i say from this point on i will be talking about proper clans not the grab 10 of your friends and go to kbd kind of clans and i will be keeping my focus on the P2P side as we are a P2P clan.

The wilderness

The wilderness is broken for clans right now, fighting there is near impossible due to crashers in one item barraging the fights, it has got so bad recently that the clan world is in decline, obviously this is no easy fix but i have a small suggestion that could fix this.

Anti Multi spells ring - This ring could be something maybe rewarded from he witch in edgeville it would render you imune to the splashes of multi spells (not the direct hit).

Another suggestion i have which is more of a large scale update would be an area in the wilderness that can be set up by two clans where only the people in the clans cc's can enter, this would be the most preferable method as it will eliminate one itemers altogether.

Clan Fights Forum

Okay now we get onto my second concern with the clan world, having a place to post our fight topics, currently there is only one place to post clan fights and that is **bez, this forum is full of bias moderators that leak people ip addresses so you can understand my concern with this, i have advised all of my members to stop using the forum and this has forced us to use other websites (that we rather not use) like sythe (a forum that breeds rule breakers).

What i would like to see is a forum we could post our fight topics that allows us to use images.

I have many more suggestions but obviously this post only allows me to a certain amount of words, if you ever want to come onto our teamspeak and talk just give me a message in-game.

Thanks
Ancient Fury

#1 P2P CLAN

12-Feb-2016 11:46:43

Mod Maz

Mod Maz

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Seashores said:
Hey Maz!

I never knew you were that involved pre-OSRS! Glad to see there's a Jmod who has such an interest in the clan community. I have lead clans in the past and am currently one of the co-leaders of a popular PvM clan. Through my experiences I've come across a few things that would really benefit the OSRS clan community. They are:

A higher maximum allowance on friends lists,
OR a clan chat system similar to RS3's current,
A more diverse ranking system,
A system which removes inactive players from the clan chat/friends list,
A system which doesn't allow multiclanning,
Friends list in alphabetical order

I believe that these features would make it much easier for leaders to run a clan; and not have to be focused on the background work like checking activity in order to free up space on the clan friends list. If I think of anymore I'll add them to my list!

Thanks,
Adim
Uprising PvM
co-Leader


Yep, been here a looooong time! :-D

Thanks for the input about the clan systems. What is it you like about the RS3 clan system, and what don't you like?
Mod Maz
Queen of the Squirrels
RS Training & Developer Lead

12-Feb-2016 11:46:44

Mod Maz

Mod Maz

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
BALENC said:
Hi
Mod Maz
, I am leader of
Ancient Fury
a large P2P PvP based clan, i'm sure with your experience in clans you would have come across our name through-out the years.

Before i start i would just like to start with a note, everything i say from this point on i will be talking about proper clans not the grab 10 of your friends and go to kbd kind of clans and i will be keeping my focus on the P2P side as we are a P2P clan.

The wilderness

The wilderness is broken for clans right now, fighting there is near impossible due to crashers in one item barraging the fights, it has got so bad recently that the clan world is in decline, obviously this is no easy fix but i have a small suggestion that could fix this.

Anti Multi spells ring - This ring could be something maybe rewarded from he witch in edgeville it would render you imune to the splashes of multi spells (not the direct hit).

Another suggestion i have which is more of a large scale update would be an area in the wilderness that can be set up by two clans where only the people in the clans cc's can enter, this would be the most preferable method as it will eliminate one itemers altogether.

Clan Fights Forum

Okay now we get onto my second concern with the clan world, having a place to post our fight topics, currently there is only one place to post clan fights and that is **bez, this forum is full of bias moderators that leak people ip addresses so you can understand my concern with this, i have advised all of my members to stop using the forum and this has forced us to use other websites (that we rather not use) like sythe (a forum that breeds rule breakers).

What i would like to see is a forum we could post our fight topics that allows us to use images.

I have many more suggestions but obviously this post only allows me to a certain amount of words, if you ever want to come onto our teamspeak and talk just give me a message in-game.

Thanks


Most interesting.... so clan system wise you believe forums are very important? Would something that's not a forum fulfil the same purpose? In which case what features would it need?
Mod Maz
Queen of the Squirrels
RS Training & Developer Lead

12-Feb-2016 11:48:30

Quick find code: 320-321-374-65747603Back to Top