Forums

Ultimate Ironmen & Prot Item

Quick find code: 322-323-195-66084320

of 8
Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,407Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ultimate Ironmen do not get any functionality out of the protect item prayer. It does not allow them to keep an extra item.

However, they can still use the prayer.

Suggestion: grey out the protect item prayer and prevent its usage on ultimate ironman mode so that
1. People are more aware it doesn't work, and don't use it mistakenly.
2. It's consistent with how high risk worlds operate, as there's already precedent for it not working.
3. People don't waste prayer points.

Thanks.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

19-Feb-2019 02:32:35

TBowSpawnPls
Nov Member 2018

TBowSpawnPls

Posts: 5,183Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No support. They should know that they can't use it... Troll: A person that holds an opinion other than the most popular opinion on a forum, apparently**
*******************************;<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

19-Feb-2019 02:55:23

TBowSpawnPls
Nov Member 2018

TBowSpawnPls

Posts: 5,183Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
TBowSpawnPls said:
No support. They should know that they can't use it...


Except they can use it. They just don't get anything from its usage except prayer drain.

Hence why it should be changed so they can't use it, and/or have it greyed out.
Why? They can choose just to not click on it, considering it has no benefit for them... No need to make changes.
Troll: A person that holds an opinion other than the most popular opinion on a forum, apparently**
*******************************;<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

19-Feb-2019 03:43:12

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,407Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TBowSpawnPls said:
Miu said:
TBowSpawnPls said:
No support. They should know that they can't use it...


Except they can use it. They just don't get anything from its usage except prayer drain.

Hence why it should be changed so they can't use it, and/or have it greyed out.
Why? They can choose just to not click on it, considering it has no benefit for them... No need to make changes.


People could choose not to use the protect item prayer in high risk worlds, considering it has no benefit, but they have the prayer disabled in said worlds. The inability to get functionality from protect item as an ultimate ironman is a much more obscure mechanic, and not well known.

It would make sense if there wasn't precedent for this prayer being disabled, but the assets and code for disabling the prayer are already present in the more obvious risk worlds. It's not an unreasonable request to have the same limitations applied to ults.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

19-Feb-2019 04:02:34

TBowSpawnPls
Nov Member 2018

TBowSpawnPls

Posts: 5,183Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
TBowSpawnPls said:
Miu said:
TBowSpawnPls said:
No support. They should know that they can't use it...


Except they can use it. They just don't get anything from its usage except prayer drain.

Hence why it should be changed so they can't use it, and/or have it greyed out.
Why? They can choose just to not click on it, considering it has no benefit for them... No need to make changes.


People could choose not to use the protect item prayer in high risk worlds, considering it has no benefit, but they have the prayer disabled in said worlds. The inability to get functionality from protect item as an ultimate ironman is a much more obscure mechanic, and not well known.

It would make sense if there wasn't precedent for this prayer being disabled, but the assets and code for disabling the prayer are already present in the more obvious risk worlds. It's not an unreasonable request to have the same limitations applied to ults.
It is something known by all UIM that know about the game mode that they're playing. There's no reason to make a minor change for a couple of players when they all can just 100% and undeniably avoid it by simply not clicking on that prayer.

No support for this as it is just a waste of the j mods' time.
Troll: A person that holds an opinion other than the most popular opinion on a forum, apparently**
*******************************;<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

19-Feb-2019 04:10:54

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 60,374Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TBowSpawnPls said:
It is something known by all UIM that know about the game mode that they're playing. There's no reason to make a minor change for a couple of players when they all can just 100% and undeniably avoid it by simply not clicking on that prayer.

No support for this as it is just a waste of the j mods' time.


Agreed.

No support from me as well.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

19-Feb-2019 04:19:13

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 4,895Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally, I don't see the harm in preventing UIM from using it. This whole argument that anyone playing UIM knows is nonsense, because that's clearly not true. Hell, it would only take a single UIM not knowing that to prove you wrong. Unless you've got data to support your claim that all UIM know this, or even most, then that argument is bunk.

If it does nothing for UIM, what reason is there to not just disable it for UIM?

Support.
There'd be no need for 3rd party clients if the default one was decent. I vote no to all non-PvP Wilderness updates, and yes to all PvP Wilderness updates. If you want to revive the wilderness, encourage players to PvP, not lure them to the Wilderness to be victims.

19-Feb-2019 07:00:54

Quick find code: 322-323-195-66084320Back to Top