Forums

A difficult quest

Quick find code: 322-323-688-66024895

of 2
FarmPetPls
Nov Member 2018

FarmPetPls

Posts: 4,061Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Suggestion: could we have a quest that is actually difficult? So far the quests have been very easy. Perhaps it could be a grand grand master quest that is difficult? Remember: the forum help thread rules...
Forum Revenge - This is not the place for you to try and get revenge.

08-Jul-2018 10:06:53

Jesus Bacon
May Member 2018

Jesus Bacon

Posts: 328Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FarmPetPls said:
Suggestion: could we have a quest that is actually difficult? So far the quests have been very easy. Perhaps it could be a grand grand master quest that is difficult?


The quests you are talking about are more than likely Monkey Madness 2 and Dragon Slayer 2.

These are not easy quests by any means. I quest without guides and have the quest cape so I know a little something about them lol. The majority of players feel these are easy quests primarily because the majority of players would rather have someone mindlessly tell them what to do than actually do the quest and figure the stuff out by themselves.

I could have easily shaved off 2-4 hours on my run of each MM2 and DS2 by simply using a quest guide.

If you want the challenge, just don't watch someone else figure it out for you.

09-Jul-2018 03:15:58

FarmPetPls
Nov Member 2018

FarmPetPls

Posts: 4,061Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jesus Bacon said:
FarmPetPls said:
Suggestion: could we have a quest that is actually difficult? So far the quests have been very easy. Perhaps it could be a grand grand master quest that is difficult?


The quests you are talking about are more than likely Monkey Madness 2 and Dragon Slayer 2.

These are not easy quests by any means. I quest without guides and have the quest cape so I know a little something about them lol. The majority of players feel these are easy quests primarily because the majority of players would rather have someone mindlessly tell them what to do than actually do the quest and figure the stuff out by themselves.

I could have easily shaved off 2-4 hours on my run of each MM2 and DS2 by simply using a quest guide.

If you want the challenge, just don't watch someone else figure it out for you.
Incorrect. I don't use quest guides. To me, just having to think a little bit is not the same as being difficult.
Remember: the forum help thread rules...
Forum Revenge - This is not the place for you to try and get revenge.

09-Jul-2018 03:42:24

Im So Swole
Oct Member 2018

Im So Swole

Posts: 2,606Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm designing one to be sent to Ash rn. It's going to be called "Underground Cavern" and a sequel in the Elven series. Remade my Underground Pass thread since Ash seems keen on it btw. Git gud nubnubs. L2PK nubnubs. Statuettes are here to stay nubnubs. Spite vote harder plz nubnubs.

09-Jul-2018 05:06:38 - Last edited on 09-Jul-2018 05:06:58 by Im So Swole

Im So Swole
Oct Member 2018

Im So Swole

Posts: 2,606Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jesus Bacon said:
FarmPetPls said:
Suggestion: could we have a quest that is actually difficult? So far the quests have been very easy. Perhaps it could be a grand grand master quest that is difficult?


The quests you are talking about are more than likely Monkey Madness 2 and Dragon Slayer 2.

These are not easy quests by any means. I quest without guides and have the quest cape so I know a little something about them lol. The majority of players feel these are easy quests primarily because the majority of players would rather have someone mindlessly tell them what to do than actually do the quest and figure the stuff out by themselves.

I could have easily shaved off 2-4 hours on my run of each MM2 and DS2 by simply using a quest guide.

If you want the challenge, just don't watch someone else figure it out for you.


Lmao since when the hell is running after every attack or dodging a fireball classified as "hard"? Quest guides or not, those quest bosses were an actual joke. They should add a new extension to the Tzhaar city that requires an infernal cape to get into and start a quest line in there.
Git gud nubnubs. L2PK nubnubs. Statuettes are here to stay nubnubs. Spite vote harder plz nubnubs.

09-Jul-2018 05:09:29

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 3,508Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think quests are really meant to be exclusive in nature. They're designed to be completed by most (or even all) players. Even the most challenging of quests are not designed to be so tough that most cannot beat them.

Typically they're just barriers of entry into new content introduced as a reward for completion.

If you want difficult and risky content, do Raids 2 as a Hardcore Ironman.

I'd say "no support," but since no details about this "grand grand master quest" were actually given, I wouldn't really know if I support it or not.

Given your reasoning, probably not.
There'd be no need for 3rd party clients if the default one was decent. See my threads:
Bank Improvements | Looting Improvements | Vital Information

09-Jul-2018 07:27:58

FarmPetPls
Nov Member 2018

FarmPetPls

Posts: 4,061Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FisherGaming said:
I don't think quests are really meant to be exclusive in nature. They're designed to be completed by most (or even all) players. Even the most challenging of quests are not designed to be so tough that most cannot beat them.

Typically they're just barriers of entry into new content introduced as a reward for completion.

If you want difficult and risky content, do Raids 2 as a Hardcore Ironman.

I'd say "no support," but since no details about this "grand grand master quest" were actually given, I wouldn't really know if I support it or not.

Given your reasoning, probably not.
Your opinion that just because quests have always been easy all new quests should also be easy has been noted.
Remember: the forum help thread rules...
Forum Revenge - This is not the place for you to try and get revenge.

09-Jul-2018 12:14:20

CaptKoloth
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 9,864Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Difficulty does not make a good quest. Good Lore and storyline. If you want quests to be challenging then try to do them on a level 70 character with lower skills. Everything is easy to a maxed out account.

24-Sep-2018 21:07:58 - Last edited on 24-Sep-2018 21:08:25 by CaptKoloth

FarmPetPls
Nov Member 2018

FarmPetPls

Posts: 4,061Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said:
Difficulty does not make a good quest. Good Lore and storyline. If you want quests to be challenging then try to do them on a level 70 character with lower skills. Everything is easy to a maxed out account.
But not everything should be.
Remember: the forum help thread rules...
Forum Revenge - This is not the place for you to try and get revenge.

25-Sep-2018 01:31:51

Quick find code: 322-323-688-66024895Back to Top