Forums

Malak and the Vampyres

Quick find code: 341-342-13-65776287

Marakdon

Marakdon

Posts: 55Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As we all know, River of Blood is coming end of this month. One of the characters I am really hoping to see is the one and only Malak. As this is the final vampyre quest, I'm fairly certain Vanescula is going to die. We know that Malak saved Vanescula, who is now in his debt, in the book Legacy of Blood. We also know that Drakan was probably the most powerful vampyre alive in the 5th age.

The next two most powerful vampyres are most likely Vanescula and Malak. I think Malak might even be more powerful than Vanescula, but he doesn't seem to care about what happens in Morytania. He is said to be very powerful. His mere very presence affects the minds and bodies of those around him, forcing them to kneel before him and to agree with what he says. He is also able to manipulate shadows to materialise. Last time we saw Malak was when we killed Dessous for him in the Desert Treasure. Maybe his land had something important which Malak wanted...

So the question is: Do you think if Vanescula dies, Malak takes over?
Will the Vampyres join Zamorak when Morytania moves to sixth age?
Could we see the first real zamorakian city ingame?

I am bit worried though as the quest requirements for River of Blood were revealed today and they do not include desert treasure and that might mean Malak wont be appearing in the quest. I would be so happy to see Malak take over Darkmeyer and when the sixth age begins there, Zamorak could move his forces to Darkmeyer and setup a real zamorakian controlled city. It could be very interesting to see. What do you think?
Through
CHAOS
, I gain strength.

08-Apr-2016 20:22:38

Chaos Lupus

Chaos Lupus

Posts: 9,633Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Stu confirmed that Vanescula's life debt will not be addressed in RoB and that Malak will not cameo. Depending on how you interpret the wording, that could mean that Malak plays a larger role than just making a cameo appearance, but I'm pretty sure he meant that he just won't be involved.

If Vanescula does die, Malak seems the most likely to take over as the lord of Morytania. Whatever happens, I hope to see Malak as the main antagonist of a werewolf spinoff series.
The strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

08-Apr-2016 20:38:12 - Last edited on 08-Apr-2016 20:39:08 by Chaos Lupus

A Mighty
Dec Member 2018

A Mighty

Posts: 2,224Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Marakdon said:
As we all know, River of Blood is coming end of this month. One of the characters I am really hoping to see is the one and only Malak.


One and only?

A certain Sith Lord begs to differ :P
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

09-Apr-2016 00:26:02

Tlamovec

Tlamovec

Posts: 628Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mighty said:
Marakdon said:
As we all know, River of Blood is coming end of this month. One of the characters I am really hoping to see is the one and only Malak.


One and only?

A certain Sith Lord begs to differ :P


That one is dead. And in another universe anyway. Or is he....?

09-Apr-2016 06:55:40

N7spongy
Mar Member 2019

N7spongy

Posts: 479Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Marakdon said:

So the question is: Do you think if Vanescula dies, Malak takes over?
Will the Vampyres join Zamorak when Morytania moves to sixth age?
Could we see the first real zamorakian city ingame?

I am bit worried though as the quest requirements for River of Blood were revealed today and they do not include desert treasure and that might mean Malak wont be appearing in the quest. I would be so happy to see Malak take over Darkmeyer and when the sixth age begins there, Zamorak could move his forces to Darkmeyer and setup a real zamorakian controlled city. It could be very interesting to see. What do you think?
He won't be in the quest, I saw a tweet where the mods said there were no plans to include him in it or even have him cameo or even graphically update him. I personally think at the most he will get post quest dialogue but to me thats it. Mod Rowl*y hinted that the werewolves would be the next focus in Morytania. Note the word "unlikely", which hints that they are at the very least considering werewolf related content. The relevance that has with what I'm saying is that he seems relatively antagonistic towards the werewolves so we might see something related to that.
Brassica X Marimbo OTP

09-Apr-2016 23:35:42

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,496Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I kinda figured Malak wasn't involved with the quest the moment I saw Desert Treasure wasn't a requirement. It also debunks my theory of Dessous being important to the plot. A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

18-Apr-2016 05:59:27

Quick find code: 341-342-13-65776287Back to Top