Forums

Mysteries of Asgarnia

Quick find code: 341-342-241-65897211

Ian Adler
Jan Member 2007

Ian Adler

Posts: 407Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What happened to King Vallance of Asgarnia is easily one of those oldest of RuneScape mysteries that has been dogging us for around a decade. Any veteran of the game will know this. Is he really just old and sick, or is Sir Amik Varze a usurper? And if the White Knights are usurpers, why did the Temple Knights not intervene and put Crown Prince Anlaf on the throne?

During the Invasion of Falador, a mini-quest led us to the Spirit of Farradorn, one who named herself the Spirit of the Kingdom of Asgarnia and holds the
True Banner of Farradorn
and bears some unknown connection to King Raddallin - the Kingdom's founder.
She said calls us "One who is not Chosen," says "When the
Chosen One
comes,
she will take up the Banner and lead Falador and Asgarnia to its destiny
"
and "Yet I see you being influential in this kingdom's future, nonetheless." Ending with "As such, though I cannot allow you to take the true Banner, I can give you its blessing, and let you bear its resemblance..." (i.e. the cosmetic version).

We even have the Lost sword of King Raddallin, which Darla - from the Invasion - says had better stay lost so as to prevent Civil War: "Th-this can't be right! We knew Raddallin and Valzin [the first Lord of the Kinshra] were associates at the beginning of his reign but this suggests that even at the end they were still friends. This just can't be! The people of Falador, the White Knights, none of them are ready to hear this... This will change history, and who knows what will happen next. Just look at the fighting that's happening right now. If we allow the Black Knights to be legitimised then this whole region could fall into a new civil war."

Anybody else want the Asgarnia story settled once and for all, as it has been brewing in the shadows longer than even the Zaros mystery.
Saradominist
World Guardian

My first loyalty is to protecting Gielinor.
My second is to the founder of the Temple Knights and patron of the Myreque.

02-Apr-2017 19:36:16

Lethalintent
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Lethalintent

Posts: 7,342Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would love this story settled.

How I'd personally like this played out, I'd see the information spread publicly and have it work itself out from there. I detest being apart of the Temple Knights against my will, so the option to opt out of either side or side with the Kinshra would be a welcomed choice in this conflict.

I envision a siege event again, only this time actually mattering. It annoys me that this bit of lore was dug up during an MTX event, while I enjoyed it, it was still time sensitive.

Adrasteia is also who I believe to be this "Chosen" one. I thought the obvious answer was Kara-Meir but the idea never really sat well because I detest her.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

02-Apr-2017 19:53:49

Giras
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Giras

Posts: 2,373Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm hoping for a new quest where we free king Vallance and force the Saradominists to own up to their betrayal.
I'm no one's servant!

Good. Never let anyone think differently
.

03-Apr-2017 01:20:21

Ian Adler
Jan Member 2007

Ian Adler

Posts: 407Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All reasonable possibilities. I recall there also being speculation as to whether
Lady Eva Cashien
- Sir Tiffy Cashien's niece and our ally in the Salt in the Wound Quest - was the Chosen One. She is, after all, a powerful warrior, a Temple Knight, and one of the few Asgarnian women with a anything resembling a strong plot-line attached to them.
Saradominist
World Guardian

My first loyalty is to protecting Gielinor.
My second is to the founder of the Temple Knights and patron of the Myreque.

03-Apr-2017 02:58:20

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,067Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Giras said:
I'm hoping for a new quest where we free king Vallance and force the Saradominists to own up to their betrayal.
I do hope they don't shy away from more negative Saradomin(ist) content; there should be a really engaging conclusion to this story thread, and if it requires throwing the White Knights under the bus then so be it.

Was Giras not working out for you?

Ian Adler said:
All reasonable possibilities. I recall there also being speculation as to whether
Lady Eva Cashien
- Sir Tiffy Cashien's niece and our ally in the Salt in the Wound Quest - was the Chosen One. She is, after all, a powerful warrior, a Temple Knight, and one of the few Asgarnian women with a anything resembling a strong plot-line attached to them.
I doubt they'd reincorporate a character straight from one of the most badly-received quests in the game, though.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

03-Apr-2017 08:26:05 - Last edited on 03-Apr-2017 08:28:10 by Raleirosen

Wahisietel
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Temple Knights are more likely to be the ones responsible for "disposing" Vallance than the White Knights. Keep in mind the White Knights refused to kill Wizard Grayzag, an actual villain.

Temple Knights are pretty much the FBI/CIA. King Vallance was an inside job.
You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

03-Apr-2017 16:17:52 - Last edited on 03-Apr-2017 16:19:52 by Wahisietel

Ian Adler
Jan Member 2007

Ian Adler

Posts: 407Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raleirosen said:
Giras said:
I'm hoping for a new quest where we free king Vallance and force the Saradominists to own up to their betrayal.
I do hope they don't shy away from more negative Saradomin(ist) content; there should be a really engaging conclusion to this story thread, and if it requires throwing the White Knights under the bus then so be it.

Was Giras not working out for you?

Ian Adler said:
All reasonable possibilities. I recall there also being speculation as to whether
Lady Eva Cashien
- Sir Tiffy Cashien's niece and our ally in the Salt in the Wound Quest - was the Chosen One. She is, after all, a powerful warrior, a Temple Knight, and one of the few Asgarnian women with a anything resembling a strong plot-line attached to them.
I doubt they'd reincorporate a character straight from one of the most badly-received quests in the game, though.


You could be right about Eva. What about, though I recall no speculation regarding her,
Princess Miazrqa
from the Grim Tales Quest? She has played no role since, of course, but she is the Princess of Asgarnia and the great niece of King Vallance, so she does have a claim to throne (as well as being the only member of the royal family we have ever met in the flesh).
Saradominist
World Guardian

My first loyalty is to protecting Gielinor.
My second is to the founder of the Temple Knights and patron of the Myreque.

03-Apr-2017 21:10:40

Elf of Seren
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Elf of Seren

Posts: 3,309Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ian Adler said:

You could be right about Eva. What about, though I recall no speculation regarding her,
Princess Miazrqa
from the Grim Tales Quest? She has played no role since, of course, but she is the Princess of Asgarnia and the great niece of King Vallance, so she does have a claim to throne (as well as being the only member of the royal family we have ever met in the flesh).


Ughhhhhhh... Grim Tales and the Camelot Series both need redid.
The RS Wiki will post your IP Address online

04-Apr-2017 01:53:33

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,496Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Of course we're the chosen one. We're the main character! A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

04-Apr-2017 14:50:28

Ian Adler
Jan Member 2007

Ian Adler

Posts: 407Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sepulchre said:
Of course we're the chosen one. We're the main character!


But we are not. The Spirit of Farradorn calls us "One who is not Chosen," before saying "Yet I see you being influential in this kingdom's future, nonetheless." Hence we, the
World Guardian
, will shape events alongside the
Chosen One
, but will likely be the follower as opposed to the commander.
Saradominist
World Guardian

My first loyalty is to protecting Gielinor.
My second is to the founder of the Temple Knights and patron of the Myreque.

05-Apr-2017 00:06:00

Quick find code: 341-342-241-65897211Back to Top