Forums

Lore Loophole - Stone of Jas

Quick find code: 341-342-402-65849065

of 3
Backscar
Apr Member 2010

Backscar

Posts: 124Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, going to repost here, originally posted under existing game content.

See, I have been thinking recently, in Dishonour Among Thieves, Zamorak explains that you cannot permanently absorb power from the Stone of Jas and thereby ascend to godhood because Guthix made you the World Guardian. However, you first encounter the Stone of Jas during While Guthix Sleeps, before the events of The World Wakes where Guthix makes you the World Guardian. Logically it follows that you should have permanently absorbed some of the power from the Stone of Jas from that initial contact.

07-Nov-2016 22:19:35

Zevrant Bapt

Zevrant Bapt

Posts: 1,778Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not enough power to ascend though.
You're the World Guardian now and can no longer permanently absorb any more energy from the Stone of Jas, that much is true.
Hiya, I'm Zev! An Ice-focused Drakewing who wants to help out!

Alt - Ferna Bapt
Ironman - Argent Bapt
Zevrant VS Vindicta -
Current KC: 7,914
-
45 Crests, 29 Lances

07-Nov-2016 22:27:02

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 6,911Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We only touched the stone for a few seconds, and they sort of solved that with the experience Idria gave you as a reward, because apparently, that was some residual energy from the stone.

Sorry if it was bad english or bad explained.
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

07-Nov-2016 22:38:09

Hguoh
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,424Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lynxlynx said:
We only touched the stone for a few seconds, and they sort of solved that with the experience Idria gave you as a reward, because apparently, that was some residual energy from the stone.

Sorry if it was bad english or bad explained.


No, you're spot on.

07-Nov-2016 22:39:11

Backscar
Apr Member 2010

Backscar

Posts: 124Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Though I still kind of question the argument that it was only for a few seconds. When Zamorak touches the stone in Dishonour Among Thieves, those few seconds are enough to restore all the power he lost in God War One.

07-Nov-2016 22:43:10

Hguoh
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,424Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Backscar said:
Though I still kind of question the argument that it was only for a few seconds. When Zamorak touches the stone in Dishonour Among Thieves, those few seconds are enough to restore all the power he lost in God War One.


He also has had plenty of practice drawing power from the stone (he used it before the coup and during the time he had it near the end of the god wars). He also has a higher base power than we do, potentially allowing him to more effectively absorb the stone's power.

07-Nov-2016 22:55:57

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 6,911Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Backscar said:
Though I still kind of question the argument that it was only for a few seconds. When Zamorak touches the stone in Dishonour Among Thieves, those few seconds are enough to restore all the power he lost in God War One.


Remember, Zamorak is a god, we are a human. Might sound a little fishy, i know, but i think that's the case


Hguoh said:
Lynxlynx said:
We only touched the stone for a few seconds, and they sort of solved that with the experience Idria gave you as a reward, because apparently, that was some residual energy from the stone.

Sorry if it was bad english or bad explained.


No, you're spot on.


Okay :D
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

07-Nov-2016 22:56:30 - Last edited on 07-Nov-2016 22:57:42 by Lynxlynx

Quick find code: 341-342-402-65849065Back to Top