Forums

Zaros' Fate

Quick find code: 341-342-772-65756164

of 4
Giras
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Giras

Posts: 2,364Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Visenya 1st said:
Giras said:
In either case if Zaros turns out to be "evil" then I'd like him to be at full power to take him down properly...and then finally put to rest Aegon's BS about Zaros being superior to any of us.
Also Rax would eat Aegon for breakfast in pvp.


Zaros is not evil, but the traitor is.

And if you give him a light simulacrum, my brother will make you pray for death.

~Queen Visenya, Consort and Sister to His Grace Aegon I Targaryen

I made Aegon eat the dirt off my boots 12 times already. I'd love to make it 13. Zaros is probably the most evil character in-game as he uses everyone as a pawn for a completely selfish goal.
I'm no one's servant!

Good. Never let anyone think differently
.

24-Mar-2016 20:17:28

Ancient Drew
Nov Member 2018

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,731Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Giras said:
Visenya 1st said:
Giras said:
In either case if Zaros turns out to be "evil" then I'd like him to be at full power to take him down properly...and then finally put to rest Aegon's BS about Zaros being superior to any of us.
Also Rax would eat Aegon for breakfast in pvp.


Zaros is not evil, but the traitor is.

And if you give him a light simulacrum, my brother will make you pray for death.

~Queen Visenya, Consort and Sister to His Grace Aegon I Targaryen

I made Aegon eat the dirt off my boots 12 times already. I'd love to make it 13. Zaros is probably the most evil character in-game as he uses everyone as a pawn for a completely selfish goal.
I believe that Zaros is neither good nor evil; in fact he's incapable of either. He says that he dismisses these notions, which suggests he lacks a code. However, he became aware of the concept after meeting Saradomin, who as a human would be more likely to have a code and stick to it. Even Zamorak, who many people believed was the bad guy (some still do), has been shown to have done good things as well. For me, this was when he took in Moia. I'm still with Zaros though, as we both keep calm and open our minds to different concepts.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

24-Mar-2016 20:35:53

Giras
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Giras

Posts: 2,364Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said:
Giras said:
Visenya 1st said:
Giras said:
In either case if Zaros turns out to be "evil" then I'd like him to be at full power to take him down properly...and then finally put to rest Aegon's BS about Zaros being superior to any of us.
Also Rax would eat Aegon for breakfast in pvp.


Zaros is not evil, but the traitor is.

And if you give him a light simulacrum, my brother will make you pray for death.

~Queen Visenya, Consort and Sister to His Grace Aegon I Targaryen

I made Aegon eat the dirt off my boots 12 times already. I'd love to make it 13. Zaros is probably the most evil character in-game as he uses everyone as a pawn for a completely selfish goal.
I believe that Zaros is neither good nor evil; in fact he's incapable of either. He says that he dismisses these notions, which suggests he lacks a code. However, he became aware of the concept after meeting Saradomin, who as a human would be more likely to have a code and stick to it. Even Zamorak, who many people believed was the bad guy (some still do), has been shown to have done good things as well. For me, this was when he took in Moia. I'm still with Zaros though, as we both keep calm and open our minds to different concepts.

Dude...I'm just doing whatever ****** off Aegon, anytime I'm talking to him or one of his alts I'm usually not serious.
I'm no one's servant!

Good. Never let anyone think differently
.

24-Mar-2016 20:40:03

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,496Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Giras said:
Visenya 1st said:
Giras said:
In either case if Zaros turns out to be "evil" then I'd like him to be at full power to take him down properly...and then finally put to rest Aegon's BS about Zaros being superior to any of us.
Also Rax would eat Aegon for breakfast in pvp.


Zaros is not evil, but the traitor is.

And if you give him a light simulacrum, my brother will make you pray for death.

~Queen Visenya, Consort and Sister to His Grace Aegon I Targaryen

I made Aegon eat the dirt off my boots 12 times already. I'd love to make it 13. Zaros is probably the most evil character in-game as he uses everyone as a pawn for a completely selfish goal.


Evil? This coming from the Zamorakian. :P No but really, Good and Evil aren't really.. a concept Zaros sees as a fixed reality. Actions and consequences? Those are absolute. I agree with him here. All actions have consequences, no matter how minor those consequences are. Just because Zamorak admits his views make him a jerk, doesn't make him less of a jerk. It just comes off as him not giving a damn. Though credit for honesty.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

18-Apr-2016 06:28:19

Orcrist9
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Orcrist9

Posts: 7,131Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros has always struck me more as an apathetic existentialist. More often than not, people mistake existentialism for fatalism (we're all going to die, so life is pointless), or nihilism (rejection in meaning and purpose in life, often based upon existential reasons and culminating in existential-nihilism, but is not solely restricted to existentialism), but a better understanding of existentialism is in that, by its nature, it explores whatever meanings and purposes could exist in life, and for many existentialists, it resolves in the freedom to create purpose in life.

To me, Zaros is the embodiment of existentialism, but it is more than that: Zaros is on his own existential expedition, and his experiences have been marked by a degree of apathy. I don't believe that Zaros necessarily outright rejects morality (moral-nihilism), but I think he does question the meaning of morality, and if it could have meaning or purpose to him. Zaros is called the Empty Lord because he seems very uncaring and emotionless, but I think his actions and words show otherwise: as an existentialist, Zaros is creating his purpose in life, consider: where Guthix sought balance in the world, Zaros seeks balance in oneself.

Zaros' goal for all beings is for them to achieve their greatest aspirations, and in doing so, that creates purpose and meaning.
Here, I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret!

19-Apr-2016 13:10:10

Midwyn

Midwyn

Posts: 508Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tbh, I think I regret giving him the dark simulacrum. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time, but I'm not really sure I enjoy having this immortal megalomaniac around. Sure, him and Seren seem to be some sort of yin & yang, two-sides-of-the-same-coin, one-cannot-exist-without-the-other thing, but I just find him creepy and unpredictable. It could be pretty interesting if they killed him off. He wouldn't exactly be the first god to die and become a plot device...

If there is any other way to stop the Elder Gods that does not involve adding another one to their ranks, that'd be lovely.
hello my friendos

20-Apr-2016 05:20:41

Tempra
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Tempra

Posts: 978Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Midwyn said:
Tbh, I think I regret giving him the dark simulacrum. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time, but I'm not really sure I enjoy having this immortal megalomaniac around. Sure, him and Seren seem to be some sort of yin & yang, two-sides-of-the-same-coin, one-cannot-exist-without-the-other thing, but I just find him creepy and unpredictable. It could be pretty interesting if they killed him off. He wouldn't exactly be the first god to die and become a plot device...

If there is any other way to stop the Elder Gods that does not involve adding another one to their ranks, that'd be lovely.
this is exactly why i will no longer be helping him, we have to stop the elder gods not make another one.

20-Apr-2016 05:27:16

Kemtros
Feb Member 2006

Kemtros

Posts: 5,384Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm… I'm thinking that Zaros and Seren have to compete with one another to become an Elder God, but they both have to prove themselves to me. I do regret giving Zaros the dark simulacrum, but given how Zamorak defeated him as a mortal, allowing Zaros to be at full power might make his battle with Zamorak more of a fair fight. When it comes to stopping the Elder Gods, my preference is supplanting them, or at least dealing with each of them on a case by case basis. For me, settling the battle between Zaros and Zamorak in Fate of the Gods 2, putting Seren against Zaros after The Light Within, and fighting Mahjarrat, particularly Sliske, are all about whittling down Mah's lineage.

20-Apr-2016 16:30:22

Quick find code: 341-342-772-65756164Back to Top