Forums

Live Events August Q&A

Quick find code: 366-367-699-65935622

of 7
Mod Kalaya

Mod Kalaya

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
EDIT: Q&A now finished, thanks for taking part all! Leaving the thread open for now for discussion.

Hi all,

The Beach is almost here (coming Monday) to launch the month of August into an exciting start! We've also been working hard on some great updates coming your way next month!






A return of the good stuff - Rainbow's End is coming back with up to 7X multipliers and some new rainbow items, and Hydra Lamps is also making a return!






Oddments is a new style of promotion, giving you free Oddments on every treasure chest that you open. Use those spare Oddments to buy goodies like extra keys, and items from events you may have missed in the past! Plus grab a free Spring Cleaner and pair of Silverhawk boots, if you don't already have them.






Wizard Deedit's been messing around again - The Apple Jubilee is arriving later in August! Find Modified Apples from Treasure Hunter, and mush them for Invention or Farming XP! Find apple hoppers spread around the world to use your apples with and even throw your protean cogs in for better Invention xp!






Last for this post but definitely not least, we've got a new skilling outfit for you - the Trapper Outfits to improve your Hunter training!



There are 4 outfits, 3 standard outfits and one Elite outfit obtained by combining the standard 3. We won't spoil the benefits here but keep an eye out for it later in the month! ;)




That's it folks! We'll be here on Wednesday 2nd August to answer your questions on anything mentioned here, from 5-6pm gametime! See you then!
Mod Kalaya |
Zarosian
Product Manager | @JagexKalaya

28-Jul-2017 17:04:06 - Last edited on 02-Aug-2017 17:24:48 by Mod Kalaya

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 36,953Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said:
A return of the good stuff - Rainbow's End is coming back with up to 7X multipliers and some new rainbow items

The rainbow promotion has pretty much become the iconic #1 joke promotion of all time now, thanks for proving it once again. Why even bother using TH keys when you can wait for the gp prices to drop to oblivion?


Mod Kalaya said:
Oddments is a new style of promotion, giving you free Oddments on every treasure chest that you open. Use those spare Oddments to buy goodies like extra keys, and items from events you may have missed in the past! Plus grab a free Spring Cleaner and pair of Silverhawk boots, if you don't already have them.

If done right, this *could* be good... knowing how much the MTX team just recycles everything though, the odds are against it, but I hope you've done it well.


Mod Kalaya said:
Wizard Deedit's been messing around again - The Apple Jubilee is arriving later in August! Find Modified Apples from Treasure Hunter, and mush them for Invention or Farming XP! Find apple hoppers spread around the world to use your apples with and even throw your protean cogs in for better Invention xp!

Oh yes, there's the exp sellout promotion for those who hate farming but want it done easily for 200m / 5.4b total. That's that quota filled.

But you guys realized it too that the protean cogs are the worst protean items, so that's nice. Due to how invention works though, it'll never be worth it to use your proteans as cogs.


Mod Kalaya said:
Last for this post but definitely not least, we've got a new skilling outfit for you - the Trapper Outfits to improve your Hunter training!

All the time I waited for a new elite outfit... and it's for a skill I already have 200m in.

Back to waiting another eternity for the next one!
WT Watcher | 113 Firemaking without Phoenix

Hydra Ironman | Eyes 2/1 Fangs 1/1 Hearts 1/1 Tails 0/1 Leathers 1/1 Claws 0/1 Ikkles 0/1

28-Jul-2017 17:51:03

Turksta
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Turksta

Posts: 3,409Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The beach event and rainbow bow looks nice :)
Oddments sound interesting too.

Question on beach event: Will there be anything done to reduce the daily grind to fill up the thermometers? This is so players can obtain the beach outfit rewards more easily.
(some suggestions: allow thermometers to be filled up providing xp up to a maximum of 5 full thermometers, where the 6th thermometer onwards on the same day will provide no xp)

28-Jul-2017 18:18:45

Lions RAWR
May Member 2016

Lions RAWR

Posts: 8,513Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said:

Last for this post but definitely not least, we've got a new skilling outfit for you - the Trapper Outfits to improve your Hunter training!


I'm just curious if this is going to stack with the Hunter's outfit from the arc?

Because if it does not, it would need some really good benefits otherwise.
My Goals Lions Goals

28-Jul-2017 19:09:55

Lions RAWR
May Member 2016

Lions RAWR

Posts: 8,513Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said:

Oddments is a new style of promotion, giving you free Oddments on every treasure chest that you open. Use those spare Oddments to buy goodies like extra keys, and items from events you may have missed in the past! Plus grab a free Spring Cleaner and pair of Silverhawk boots, if you don't already have them.


Its an interesting idea to say the least, Though I am going to imagine that these oddments are going to be super expensive to get past TH items.

Roughly how many oddments could you get per chest opened?
My Goals Lions Goals

28-Jul-2017 19:12:44 - Last edited on 28-Jul-2017 19:13:00 by Lions RAWR

Quick find code: 366-367-699-65935622Back to Top