Forums

New rares opinions and ranking

Quick find code: 366-367-886-65923861

of 2
Cryinghawke
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Cryinghawke

Posts: 2,481Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
New rares are ranked by order of my liking them and which should be bought first

1. Parrot silverhawk - unlike the name is it NOT silver, the parrot is nice and colorful and is placed in the weapon slot. I would get this one first. Bird pets are always a win.

2. 'Springy' pet - Another rainbow item (or
L
G
B
T
pri
de
item if you prefer). It's a follower pet which means it
can not
be used as an override for familiars. It is also currently very slow which means it barely keeps up with walking speed.

3. Fan - I love me some oriental goodies! It's has a standing animation, it closes when you walk and you swat it open when you stop. The only thing I don't like is that it can't be colored but I am hoping that like the chic scarf it will get more skins later.

4. Bunch of balloons (rest animation) - This one seems to be the most popular(discounted ones told out in under 5 mins) The balloons are nice and colorful, they place low because it would be better if they were a walking animation. I didn't buy this one.

5. Bad weather umbrella - top has a dark rain cloud animated texture which looks bugged at first glance but if you set the camera to look down you can see it is not. The inside has rain and the occasional bit of lightning. It comes with it's own walking animation.

6. Telescope - Like the fan it has a standing animation of bringing it to your face and making an eye pop out the other end. Worth buying for the LOL factor alone.

7. Octopus backpack - Big, red, mean octopus strapped to your shoulder. Not much else to say about this one. It doesn't move or is animated in any way(which is a shame because I can totally see it flapping it's tentacles as we run)

8. Glowbug in a jar - open jar, close jar. Don't bother unless you have extra coins to spend or really like standing animation items. It has AWWW factor.
Strength through chaos,
Peace through balance,
Justice at the edge of a blade.

21-Jun-2017 01:49:40

Cryinghawke
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Cryinghawke

Posts: 2,481Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
divinatio said:
There terrible tbh, dont know why they used the balloons as a rest animation, would of been much better if it was an actual item


Hmm, I had not though about that! But the stand animation items are already dominating the rare store. I am glad they are trying to integrate animations and non-item pets.

I like the new stuff for the most part. Spent all my coins though. Have to start saving again.
Strength through chaos,
Peace through balance,
Justice at the edge of a blade.

21-Jun-2017 02:20:14

Seeker
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 64,810Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All these idle items are a bit niche since they're only used when you're standing still, or walking around in the case of the ones coming with their own walk animation.

These days when we have vast amounts of weapons, shields and skilling tools for different uses occupying our hands pretty much all the time I don't have any scenarios remaining to use idle items.

Previous items have been more useful as they could've been used as keepsakes for the head, amulet or weapon slots.
Just returned to the game?

21-Jun-2017 02:50:41 - Last edited on 21-Jun-2017 04:53:19 by Seeker

Zyphix
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2010

Zyphix

Posts: 3,593Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cryinghawke said:
New rares are ranked by order of my liking them and which should be bought first

2. 'Springy' pet - Another rainbow item (or
L
G
B
T
pri
de
item if you prefer). It's a follower pet which means it
can not
be used as an override for familiars. It is also currently very slow which means it barely keeps up with walking speed.

News Flash: Rainbows are NOT just for gay people.
D*amn it. I'm just so tired of that. The color spectrum is for EVERYONE, and Rainbows are awesome, as are Prisms, etc.
Shouldn't have COLORS as a "symbol" for any "social group".
It's like claiming copyright over the word "hello". Like WTF.
Clan:
l||l°~
Void Nation
~°l||l
|
15+ Veteran
|
Balance is Eternal


JAGeX Verified Clan Site:
voidnation.boards.n3t

21-Jun-2017 05:11:23

Turksta

Turksta

Posts: 3,461Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. Parrot: looks the most interesting by far.
2. Telescope: yet to see ingame but sounds like fun
3. Octopus backpack: unique
4. Glowbug in a jar:unique
5. Fan: hopefully can be recoloured
6. Bad weather Umbrella: Meh, umbrellas are so 2016.
7. Bunch of Balloons: Don't get the hype. We already have way better resting animations
8. Springy: boring. Already have way better followers.

21-Jun-2017 05:12:18

Turksta

Turksta

Posts: 3,461Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zyphix said:
Cryinghawke said:
New rares are ranked by order of my liking them and which should be bought first

2. 'Springy' pet - Another rainbow item (or
L
G
B
T
pri
de
item if you prefer). It's a follower pet which means it
can not
be used as an override for familiars. It is also currently very slow which means it barely keeps up with walking speed.

News Flash: Rainbows are NOT just for gay people.
D*amn it. I'm just so tired of that. The color spectrum is for EVERYONE, and Rainbows are awesome, as are Prisms, etc.
Shouldn't have COLORS as a "symbol" for any "social group".
It's like claiming copyright over the word "hello". Like WTF.
Agreed. I'm glad the fancy boots for example were released in 2006 otherwise they'd be known as "gay boots"

21-Jun-2017 05:13:39

Cryinghawke
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Cryinghawke

Posts: 2,481Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Turksta said:
Zyphix said:
Cryinghawke said:
New rares are ranked by order of my liking them and which should be bought first

2. 'Springy' pet - Another rainbow item (or
L
G
B
T
pri
de
item if you prefer). It's a follower pet which means it
can not
be used as an override for familiars. It is also currently very slow which means it barely keeps up with walking speed.

News Flash: Rainbows are NOT just for gay people.
D*amn it. I'm just so tired of that. The color spectrum is for EVERYONE, and Rainbows are awesome, as are Prisms, etc.
Shouldn't have COLORS as a "symbol" for any "social group".
It's like claiming copyright over the word "hello". Like WTF.
Agreed. I'm glad the fancy boots for example were released in 2006 otherwise they'd be known as "gay boots"


*sigh* I did call the pet a rainbow item. And yes, the rainbow is a symbol the gay community uses. Chill and get used to it. All in all rainbow items are usually nice to look at.

No rainbow item is a "gay item" unless your prejudice makes it so.
Strength through chaos,
Peace through balance,
Justice at the edge of a blade.

21-Jun-2017 14:04:01

Quick find code: 366-367-886-65923861Back to Top