Forums

In Other News

Quick find code: 380-381-301-65805434

of 9
Benvil
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2010

Benvil

Posts: 8,149Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said:

I tend not to be personally involved in GFX updates since I can't actually do 3D modelling myself, but I gather a lot of items were remodelled back then because their polygon counts were too high. The artists did their best to preserve the appearances while retopologising the models, but may not have always got it exactly right.

Yes, some things like Ahrim's and the Druidic Wreath saw poly reductions because of some issues. But the Guthan Chainskirt wasn't reduced in polys, the texture (Technically not a texture, you know what I mean) kinda just went transparent on only males for seemingly no reason.

I would traditionally just submit a bug report again, but I guess I could try to tweet Ghost/West a detailed image that much more visibly show the issue. There's still images of the pre-broken chainskirt, thanks to the magic of the internet :)

Cheers Ash, no complaints about the update itself by the way, solid list of tweaks and fixes.

23-Jun-2016 12:34:37

Du303
Nov Member 2018

Du303

Posts: 449Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RKN said:
yeah i just realised it was from osbuddy hahah


And its from that kind of Stupidity, when some someone asks you whats your kill count on Cerberus?

Your Response: !KC Cerberus

My response: Why do you Assume I have that client?

23-Jun-2016 12:35:16

Benvil
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2010

Benvil

Posts: 8,149Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Desi said:
You didn't answer my question :|. Now I just sit in silence.

The mods are only humans too, you wont always get an answer.

They did however address the "Zulrah Scrolls from a shop" in a Q&A in the past, and the mods were very skeptical about that idea, so were the players.

23-Jun-2016 12:38:16 - Last edited on 23-Jun-2016 12:38:44 by Benvil

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Desi said:
You didn't answer my question :|. Now I just sit in silence.

I see your silence doesn't stop you typing on forums :)
Sorry, I get a lot of questions and can't promise everyone an individual reply. The answer to yours is that the emote they're doing was nabbed from the Shadow of the Storm quest, where you hold up the sigil item. You may find you can still do it with that sigil.

Du303 said:
So basically nothing interesting...

I'm afraid it's not going to be a brand new boss or an ultimate weapon of awesomeness every week. Sometimes we take a moment to deal with little niggling things and blitz through a bunch of bugs, even if it's not so good for the internet hype.

23-Jun-2016 12:41:09

Rosewaver
Apr Member 2015

Rosewaver

Posts: 371Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not too shabby, although I do admit most of these don't apply to me.

I wish there'd be a fix to the "city" music in the Wilderness (which may or may not be thanks to the Resource Area). Totally ruins the mood of the Wilderness. :| Ah well, that's an "eventually" thing I guess...
Started in 2005... What have I done with my life Proud of it!

23-Jun-2016 12:43:13

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Rosewaver said:
I wish there'd be a fix to the "city" music in the Wilderness (which may or may not be thanks to the Resource Area)...

I don't remember us changing the music when we added the Resource Area. Mind you, in 2004 when RS2 came out with music in the first place, Mod Ian (not related to Ian Gower) didn't have time to create an individual track for every area, so the Wilderness ended up with a lot of recycled tracks, and a lot of them would still be there in OSRS. I suspect this is one of those situations.

23-Jun-2016 12:45:50

Benvil
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2010

Benvil

Posts: 8,149Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said:

I'm afraid it's not going to be a brand new boss or an ultimate weapon of awesomeness every week.

Wow, mod lazy much?

Seriously though, it would be kinda horrible if every update was big. The word "big" would quickly start to lose its meaning, players would find it hard to keep up unless they play RS all day every day, and the game would quickly become content bloated.

Content bloat is very much a thing, it's something RS3 definitely need to deal with at times, after 15 years of almost weekly updates. In fact, they're starting to REMOVE some things because of it. Weeks with tweaks and fixes deserve some appreciation.

23-Jun-2016 12:47:07 - Last edited on 23-Jun-2016 12:48:31 by Benvil

Desi
Apr Member 2013

Desi

Posts: 620Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said:
Desi said:
You didn't answer my question :|. Now I just sit in silence.

I see your silence doesn't stop you typing on forums :)
Sorry, I get a lot of questions and can't promise everyone an individual reply. The answer to yours is that the emote they're doing was nabbed from the Shadow of the Storm quest, where you hold up the sigil item. You may find you can still do it with that sigil.

Du303 said:
So basically nothing interesting...

I'm afraid it's not going to be a brand new boss or an ultimate weapon of awesomeness every week. Sometimes we take a moment to deal with little niggling things and blitz through a bunch of bugs, even if it's not so good for the internet hype.


Haha thanks Mod Ash! AKA MOD FIRM HANDSHAKE, I appreciate your reply and will look into trying to recreate this emote for the general public. - Rcer

23-Jun-2016 12:54:12

Rosewaver
Apr Member 2015

Rosewaver

Posts: 371Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said:
Rosewaver said:
I wish there'd be a fix to the "city" music in the Wilderness (which may or may not be thanks to the Resource Area)...

I don't remember us changing the music when we added the Resource Area. Mind you, in 2004 when RS2 came out with music in the first place, Mod Ian (not related to Ian Gower) didn't have time to create an individual track for every area, so the Wilderness ended up with a lot of recycled tracks, and a lot of them would still be there in OSRS. I suspect this is one of those situations.


Ah, I see. Perhaps when you guys have some free time you could maybe change the tracks in the Deep Wildy? It just seems so out of place... Of course, only when you guys get a chance, but I'd appreciate it. :)
Started in 2005... What have I done with my life Proud of it!

23-Jun-2016 13:52:47

Quick find code: 380-381-301-65805434Back to Top