Forums

SOTE & Small Game Updates

Quick find code: 380-381-590-66113567

of 3
Mod Acorn

Mod Acorn

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
This thread is for discussing the latest game update post that can be found here.
Community Manager for Old School RuneScape
@JagexAcorn

30-Jul-2019 07:22:01 - Last edited on 31-Jul-2019 15:13:10 by Mod Acorn

0wnt By Skil
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2018

0wnt By Skil

Posts: 118Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could I get some clarification on the following:

- Zalcano's reward calculations have now been improved.

Does this mean the rewards are nerfed in general?
Or does this mean more effort = more rewards than before?

And what about the pet drop? Is a MVP still needed to make a chance on this?

01-Aug-2019 10:56:47

Merijn
Apr Member 2019

Merijn

Posts: 151Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

The iron ores in the tharaearn mine have a longer respawn time than normal iron rocks, was this intended? It could be the best place to mine iron and bank it but now the mining guild is still faster.

-Merijn

01-Aug-2019 11:01:50

Mod Acorn

Mod Acorn

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
0wnt By Skil said:
Could I get some clarification on the following:

- Zalcano's reward calculations have now been improved.

Does this mean the rewards are nerfed in general?
Or does this mean more effort = more rewards than before?

And what about the pet drop? Is a MVP still needed to make a chance on this?


Hi there! We are planning to update the newspost to clarify Zalcano reward improvements. Be on the look out in a few minutes :)
Community Manager for Old School RuneScape
@JagexAcorn

01-Aug-2019 11:07:46

Mod Acorn

Mod Acorn

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Merijn said:
Hello,

The iron ores in the tharaearn mine have a longer respawn time than normal iron rocks, was this intended? It could be the best place to mine iron and bank it but now the mining guild is still faster.

-Merijn


Are you using the crystal pickaxe by any chance? I did pass this on to QA and they said the respawn wasn't made longer for iron in there but that the invisible boost from the crystal pickaxe could make it seem like it was slower in respawning due to mining it faster.
Community Manager for Old School RuneScape
@JagexAcorn

01-Aug-2019 11:09:01

DiesTwice
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2018

DiesTwice

Posts: 2Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for changing the inconsistancy with the gauntlet. Always frustrating to "guess" what the first attack was going to be. Also I feel it's a good change to punish wrong prayer usage more and reward correct use more.

01-Aug-2019 11:19:15

Xth Infinity
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Xth Infinity

Posts: 4,554Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
XD that will teach the people using multiple accounts to fight the bunny

and the changes to the smithing/rc boss seem promising
on side note: can we remove the 1.5 ticking from Zalcano

i know its click intensive and what but seems unfair as they use it to do damage faster could you imagine if other bosses used this mechanic?

propose only made potions/tools/armor can be brought into boss room
removing all other skilling items or just disabling use inside room for a pure action cancel like walking away that belong to other skills

01-Aug-2019 13:08:50

Merijn
Apr Member 2019

Merijn

Posts: 151Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@mod acorn

I used a rune pickaxe. I just second checked the spawn at the mining guild and the ores respawn about double as fast. It seems the rocks at tharaearn mine are bugged.

I really hope this will be changed :)

01-Aug-2019 15:20:24 - Last edited on 01-Aug-2019 15:20:52 by Merijn

Merijn
Apr Member 2019

Merijn

Posts: 151Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Merijn said:
@mod acorn

I used a rune pickaxe. I just second checked the spawn at the mining guild and the ores respawn about double as fast. It seems the rocks at tharaearn mine are bugged.

I really hope this will be changed :)



The wiki page states that iron should respawn in 5.4 seconds, the rocks in trahaearn mine take around 7 seconds.

01-Aug-2019 15:25:44

Quick find code: 380-381-590-66113567Back to Top