Forums

Firewall issue (launcher)

Quick find code: 415-416-873-65786262

of 4
Engr Led
Jun Member 2018

Engr Led

Posts: 2Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Everytime i open the runescape nxt launcher (shortcut or the .exe from the file root)
I ALWAYS GET THIS MESSAGE AND IT'S REALLY ANNOYING.

"There was an error loading the game configuration from the website. If you have a firewall, check that this program is allowed to access the internet. (6,200)"

Im running the latest windows 10 version, all of my firewalls are turned off, no anti-virus programs, windows defender is also turned off. Basically my computer is very vulnerable now just to get the nxt client working but no :/

help please U_U

I did the uninstall delete cache things things but still no use.

01-May-2016 05:39:04

sturn
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2014

sturn

Posts: 48Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had the same problem with nxt client mine said error (7,6),anyway ill tell u what i did to fix it maybe it works for u too.

-go to start then type "cmd" and run that thing as admin.

then type these 3 commands and enter after each one

-netsh winsock reset
-netsh winsock reset catalog
-netsh int ipv4 reset

restart your pc and should be working now, dont type the "-" at the start of each of those 3 commands gl hf.

02-May-2016 14:58:32

Mod Zek

Mod Zek

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Engr Led said:
Everytime i open the runescape nxt launcher (shortcut or the .exe from the file root)
I ALWAYS GET THIS MESSAGE AND IT'S REALLY ANNOYING.

"There was an error loading the game configuration from the website. If you have a firewall, check that this program is allowed to access the internet. (6,200)"

Im running the latest windows 10 version, all of my firewalls are turned off, no anti-virus programs, windows defender is also turned off. Basically my computer is very vulnerable now just to get the nxt client working but no :/

help please U_U

I did the uninstall delete cache things things but still no use.

That error indicates a problem receiving the configuration to launch the client. A difference between what we expect the page to contain and what was delivered. I can only guess that there is maybe some anti virus or something that is intercepting HTML requests and adjusting the content type header.

Hope that helps to narrow down a possible culprit. If you do find out what was wrong, please do let us know so we can stop it happening to anyone else.

04-May-2016 16:46:19

Arrol-6
May Summer Special Member 2018

Arrol-6

Posts: 7Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
sturn said:
I had the same problem with nxt client mine said error (7,6),anyway ill tell u what i did to fix it maybe it works for u too.

-go to start then type "cmd" and run that thing as admin.

then type these 3 commands and enter after each one

-netsh winsock reset
-netsh winsock reset catalog
-netsh int ipv4 reset

restart your pc and should be working now, dont type the "-" at the start of each of those 3 commands gl hf.


This method worked for me as well. I was experiencing the same issue until I followed this advice. Thanks!

09-May-2016 15:24:30

Justitiea

Justitiea

Posts: 38Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
sturn said:


-go to start then type "cmd" and run that thing as admin.

then type these 3 commands and enter after each one

-netsh winsock reset
-netsh winsock reset catalog
-netsh int ipv4 reset

restart your pc and should be working now, dont type the "-" at the start of each of those 3 commands gl hf.


This fixed the problem for me too :) Thanks!

P.S: Alternatively you can try 'ipconfig /flushdns' command. Don't know if it's related but it doesn't hurt :)

23-Jul-2016 12:52:24

Xhount15

Xhount15

Posts: 403Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have fixed this issue on java 8 this way. Right mouse click on runescape client --> properties --> compatibility --> click on compatibility mode on on ( i use windows xp service pack 3)

Ps: The other options above didnt work for me. I hope this other people who have the same problem

14-Aug-2016 11:53:59

Dabb Slabb
Dec Member 2015

Dabb Slabb

Posts: 1,338Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Xhount15 said:
I have fixed this issue on java 8 this way. Right mouse click on runescape client --> properties --> compatibility --> click on compatibility mode on on ( i use windows xp service pack 3)

Ps: The other options above didnt work for me. I hope this other people who have the same problem


worked for me, thanks bud

25-Nov-2016 22:42:36

Deigo7
Oct Member 2016

Deigo7

Posts: 173Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In my experience, it can happen when the game is updated and the client has not caught up yet. Usually it resolves on its own, but a client reinstall might not be out of the question.

19-Dec-2016 14:06:39

iriye347
Apr Member 2016

iriye347

Posts: 1Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm having the same issue with my runescape loader. I've tried all of your advice but nothing seems to work. I've even wiped the the memory of my computer and restarted it from nothing but it still doesnt work. This is beginning to make me mad. I've even tried to download the legacy loader and the error pops up for it too. I'm on windows 10. can someone please help me out?

04-Feb-2017 03:23:29

Quick find code: 415-416-873-65786262Back to Top