Welcome! - Changes
Quick find code: 447-448-0-66113591
orb effect is disappointing, and falls behind every other effect :/
Do you guys not think with this update it will separate rs3 and 07 even farther apart? people who like simplistic combat head over to 07, those who want more complex go to rs3. But the people who are in the middle most likely dont want to have to deal with all of this new unnecessary combat updates. No thanks for this update
The weapon diversity beta is restoring some of the diversity Runescape's weapons lost when EoC came out. When Jagex introduced lvl tiers, it eliminated the usefulness of weaponry that were previously used often. This update is badly needed because there's no point using any other weapon type if they all do the same thing. Really, it's just active special effects and ease of obtaining that separate weapons deemed good from those deemed too tedious to be useful.
Also, we've moved past the point where simplistic combat is the norm in either version of RS. Sure, OSRS uses the old combat system, but it doesn't mean it lacks depth. Plenty of OSRS players can show through their crazy vids just how far you gotta go to truly master mechanics of that combat system.
This beta is a plus for me! Shame I missed the first beta.
31-Jul-2019 23:02:28 - Last edited on 31-Jul-2019 23:03:08 by Mauhur
Warhammer (DW req) AoE essentially gives it extra range and turns dw into better AoE than 2h by the passive effect. This is pretty much the ultimate melee weapon for AoE if not for the highest viable tier being only t60 (t99 in DG though) despite being in the dw class instead of 2h. The AoE splash should probably be a little less than 100% so that other weapons on the same tier can compete at least - halberds in particular could be rendered nigh obsolete by this.
Khopesh counts as shortsword? Kinda expected scimitar as it's a closer match but whatever.
Staff self-buff ability doesn't work when using metamorphosis or sunshine self-buff ultimates - only with targeted ones.
Wand CD reduction passive messes up the ability bar display and shows every as available even when they're on CD still.
Javelins (only MH or 2h needed) AoE is almost as impressive as warhammers - and there's a t75 and t78 options with vanquish/sunspear (=spear/javelin/staff) in this case. Of course, the line AoE requires you line up enemies neatly to make the most of it.
Of note is that the 2h ultimate incendiary shot doesn't trigger this for some reason in addition to DoTs not working, however multiple target attacks like ricochet/bombardment trigger the line impact for every single base ability hit - so you can hit 1 target 3 times with a single ricochet (2 from javelin effect via targets behind that are hit by one each of the 3 ricochet hits) and one directly.
Knives (only MH needed) require a specialised ability bar due to the lower GCD but are probably the highest single target DPS of any weapon type on a given tier despite the damage/accuracy penalties. Of course AoE wise they don't compare well as a bar has to be focussed more on very low CD basics.
Random minor point - the stores say both mainhand and offhand weapons are wielded in the right hand..offhands are generally wielded in the left hand though.
01-Aug-2019 04:28:16 - Last edited on 01-Aug-2019 04:33:52 by Rev Angell
1. Air spells may cut the enemy which raises the crit chance of the next attack.
2. Water spells might soak the opponent to decrease its defense.
3. Fire spells have a chance of burning the foe for a damage over time effect.
4. Body spells can lower the enemy's physical damage by weakening the muscle(s).
5. Mind spells could reduce the opponent's magic damage by debuffing the magic stat.
6. Chaos spells may decrease the total armour of the foe.
7. Death spells might have a probability of instantly killing an opponent except for bosses, players, and the specific slayer related ones.
8. Blood spells have a chance of healing the caster for more than the usual.
9. Smoke spells can choke the enemy for more than the typical amount which reduces the accuracy even more.
10. Shadow spells could inflict fear which makes the opponent not attack for a certain duration.
11. Ice spells may bind the foe for longer than the normal amount.
12. Healing spells might sometimes restore more health than the usual amount.
13. Spells that cure poison or disease have a chance of providing a limited time immunity to the status effect.
14. Seren spells can blind the enemy to make it move in a random direction instead of it attacking.
In the future, I hope for each combat class to have an ability which decreases the attack speed but gives a useful benefit. For wizards, there may be an overcharge ability that increases the effectiveness of specific spells at the cost of adrenaline and channeling time and this has a cooldown.
I would like for each ranged ammunition to have its own effect such as the following:
1. Arrows have a chance of causing bleed.
2. Bolts can occasionally deal more damage.
3. Throwing knives have a faster attack rate than the other two.
01-Aug-2019 04:39:06 - Last edited on 01-Aug-2019 16:57:19 by richgar2
Why is unarmed combat still not improved? I would prefer if the person could choose between punch or kick. The punching should have a fast attack speed and a probability to knock the opponent out. Kicking may be slower than punching but it might have a higher knock out chance. Perhaps a melee fighter can have a deflect ability which decreases the attack speed but the player has a chance to make the next ranged projectile (excluding the magical ones) deal zero damage and this should have a cooldown too.
01-Aug-2019 04:39:23 - Last edited on 09-Aug-2019 18:16:57 by richgar2